DP "point" question

meredith1

DIS Veteran
If someone could help me, I'd very much appreciate it.

I just switched our dining plan from DxDP to regular DP. We are staying for 6 nights. I know we had 18 "points" to utilize how we wanted. Now that I've switched to the regular, how many 'points" to I have to work with when selecting restaurants for our 6 night stay? The 1 QS and 1 TS is throwing me off.

Please help! :confused:

If someone could help me, I'd very much appreciate it.

I just switched our dining plan from DxDP to regular DP. We are staying for 6 nights. I know we had 18 "points" to utilize how we wanted. Now that I've switched to the regular, how many 'points" to I have to work with when selecting restaurants for our 6 night stay? The 1 QS and 1 TS is throwing me off.

Please help! :confused:

Sad to hear you switched the DxDP is my favorite way to visit WDW :(

But to answer your question you have 1TS 1QS and 1 Snack Per Person Per Night so you have a total of 6TS 6QS and 6Snacks per person :)

Would this work with the regular dining plan? I'm placing the number of "points" for each restaurant....and we are paying OOP for two of them. Again, we are there on the regular dining plan for six nights. Am I on the right track?

Ohana (1)
CRT (2)
Il Mulino (OOP)
Chefs (1)
Narcoosees (2)
Tusker (1)
The Plaza (OOP)
Grand Fl. Cafe (1)
Brown Derby (2)
The Wave (1)
Cali Grill (2)
Crystal Palace (1)

Would these selections be okay for a six night stay using the regular dining plan?

You will only have 6 table service points per person on the regular dining plan and 6 counter service points per person. You are listing way too many table service restaurants.

No. You've got all Table Service places listed. You only get 6 Table Service credits. You'll need to switch to 6 Quick Service places instead, as you get 6 of those. Check the DDP brochure on the Walt Disney World site. It will tell you which restaurants are TS and which are QS.

The way to understand the difference in "table service" and "counter service" is that the table service restaurants are the ones that take reservations.

You need to plan 6 Quick service meals and elimiate a number of your TS meals. There are lots of great Quick service meal locations. I totally agree with switching to the regular dining plan because I have done the deluxe plan and way too much time is spent in restaurants. To me....one TS meal per day is perfect.

You need to plan 6 Quick service meals and elimiate a number of your TS meals. There are lots of great Quick service meal locations. I totally agree with switching to the regular dining plan because I have done the deluxe plan and way too much time is spent in restaurants. To me....one TS meal per day is perfect.

We like to do a character meal every other morning for the kids pre-park opening and a nice sit down meal at the end of everyday so, I guess we will just have to shell out the money to keep the vacation like we like it. Thank you all again so much for your help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter