Dragons in New Fantasyland?

parkhopping

DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s
A new official Disney blog popped up on tumblr today - http://disneydragons.tumblr.com/. Remember the dragon spotted flying in CA back in June, that everyone thought would be for Avatarland? I can only assume these are connected. But the blog implies a connection to New Fantasyland...so what's going on? I am totally bewildered by this. If Disney has plans to introduce an attraction related to dragons in New Fantasyland, either I'm way out of the loop or it's been kept under wraps extremely well, because I've heard nothing to suggest that until now!

Anyone else have some insight on this? I'm very curious!

I'm really starting to wonder...

The new fantasyland...is about 80% complete...and the seven dwarfs mine train is under construction to finish it off...

where?...exactly?...is there any legitimate grounds to even suggest that some type of "flying dragon" would find its way to fantasyland?

Do we honestly think that they are looking to dump more bucks into there? Not exactly Disney 101.:headache::scratchin

A couple things in the bio on the right side that could be clues... Gary says he loves 2012 as the year of the dragon, so is it something we can expect in the next month or so?

He also mentions that it's the Chinese year of the dragon, so maybe it's something to do with Mushuu? Although the prototype seems too big, the dragon in the video could be the right size, depending how far it's supposed to be from the camera.

Wasn't there a rumor that there was going to be a new fireworks show? Perhaps the dragons are part of that?

A couple things in the bio on the right side that could be clues... Gary says he loves 2012 as the year of the dragon, so is it something we can expect in the next month or so?

He also mentions that it's the Chinese year of the dragon, so maybe it's something to do with Mushuu? Although the prototype seems too big, the dragon in the video could be the right size, depending how far it's supposed to be from the camera.

Chinese New Year doesn't occur until February 10, so if Disney were to follow the actual calendar, that gives about three months vs. just over one month.

Maybe it has nothing to do with fantasyland but Epcot. Maybe brining back the original Figment. I can only hope.

Since most of the posts on the blog about this have New Fantasyland in them as well as tagged beneath the postings, I think there's no assuming to be done about the location. It will definitely be in New FL, it's just a matter of what it actually is.

I am so very excited about this. Dragons are just what we need to bring the boys into the new Fantasyland. Boys do love dragons for sure.

I am so very excited about this. Dragons are just what we need to bring the boys into the new Fantasyland. Boys do love dragons for sure.

I agree. My boys would definitely want to visit the New Fantasyland if there are Dragons involved. Right now, they are not impressed.

Since most of the posts on the blog about this have New Fantasyland in them as well as tagged beneath the postings, I think there's no assuming to be done about the location. It will definitely be in New FL, it's just a matter of what it actually is.

its disappointing, since I want dragons at DAK like they were supposed to be.

We need more than just dragons on the sign and on the ticket booths

Experiment113 said:
If that is true why does my parents hate Figment?!?!
JK. They just hate the annoying song! I luv it!!!! Hee hee!!!!

Everyone loves Figment

I've been so curious about this whole dragon search Gary's been going on.... like everyone else, I believe testing those flying dragons in California was meant for DAK. Now, it's obviously for New Fantasyland and I'm just so surprised that they've kept this secret for so long.

Perhaps it was a last minute type of addition because of everyone complaining that everything in New Fantasyland focused on girls (except Dumbo, which technically isn't "new" and the Mine Train which won't open for awhile.)

I'm very excited... I thought maybe the dragon would be a Disney dragon, but Figment and Maleficent are out. And Mushu, someone mentioned him earlier... I mean, he can't fly. Maybe it's a new character?

I'm going the first week of January and hope the dragon reveals him or herself by then :woohoo:

Maybe it has nothing to do with fantasyland but Epcot. Maybe brining back the original Figment. I can only hope.

Dw would fall over with excitment if that was true.
But I thik it will be based around new Fantasyland.

I've been so curious about this whole dragon search Gary's been going on.... like everyone else, I believe testing those flying dragons in California was meant for DAK. Now, it's obviously for New Fantasyland and I'm just so surprised that they've kept this secret for so long.

Perhaps it was a last minute type of addition because of everyone complaining that everything in New Fantasyland focused on girls (except Dumbo, which technically isn't "new" and the Mine Train which won't open for awhile.)

I'm very excited... I thought maybe the dragon would be a Disney dragon, but Figment and Maleficent are out. And Mushu, someone mentioned him earlier... I mean, he can't fly. Maybe it's a new character?

I'm going the first week of January and hope the dragon reveals him or herself by then :woohoo:

The dragon thing seems to be heating up (pun intended) and i suspect we will no for opening of Fantasyland on 12/6

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter