• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Drawing class...

loganjared

Mouseketeer
Someone was talking about this on here on day. They said that one of the parks offers the drawing class like the one at Disney Quest. The one where you actually get to draw the characters as they teach you how. Does anyone know what park and where in the park it is?

It's at DHS in the Animation building. It is in the area where they have games and character greetings. I definitely recommend the class, it's a lot of fun!

Can I just tell you this class really frustrated me during my visit early this month. I like to do it a few times in a row to draw a few different characters. The first one we drew was Pluto. The second class was supposed to be Russel half of us were so excited the other half wanted a fab 5 one woman kept yelling "my child doesn't know Russel". So we ended up with goofy who is essentially the same as Pluto. I think they need to prepost the character drawing list simply for this reason. I would have left but I was mid row.

This is one of our favorite things to do! Usually if you ask the CM who is outside of the doors where you enter for the class (they come out a few minutes before they open the doors to everyone) they will tell you which character they will be drawing. Some are easier to draw than others. I agree though, with the not so well known characters being drawn...it's hard for anyone to draw them and visualize it if they are not familiar with what they look like, especially for kids. Not that the CMs should have to customize the class to the demands of the people always, but they should stick to the more well known characters. Theres tons of them!
Have FUN~! It's a great souvenir!

Is there a fee?

Do you have to make reservations?

Are there age limits?

Thanks!

No fee~
You do not need to make reservations, but there is a class size capacity, they will close the doors after all the spaces are filled up. It's a good number, so if you get there early enough to wait, you should have no problem getting in.
Usually the classes run like every half-hour I think? Not sure, but that's what it seems like.
No age limits, but if kids are too little to draw, or sit quietly, I would have them stay out with someone else as not to disrupt the CM's instructions on drawing for the others. It gets pretty quiet while drawing.

Hope that helps...

Did it twice.
LOVE it! :lovestruc

We still laugh at them, especially my son's attempts! :rotfl2:

We really enjoyed the animation class...we got WWII era Donald because the CM teaching it found out one of the ppl taking the class had just returned from military duty or was about to enlist or something. I would have been happy with anything, but it was really nice to do something that was a bit rare!

Oh, and I am a terrible artist. Seriously...nothing but stick people (and my 5 year-old laughs at them). My Donald turned out decent!

We did it when we went on 08. Dd's were 8 and 6 and we loved it!!! We drew Mickey's head, which is what I assumed every class did. It's very cool to hear they switch it up. I know it will be at the top of our list to do when we go back next month. :)

The drawing classes are sooo much fun and you learn alot on this last trip we went in about 5 times in a row :)

Doooooo ittttttttttttt

Haha they run every half hour and they are great!

We got to draw Daisy Duck!

I couldn't find this last time we were there - where exactly do they do it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter