• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dream aft elevator comes out in Cabanas ?

KevieKev is correct. You can get to the kids club from the aft elevators on Deck 5. You walk up the hallway on the port side and reach a closed door that says something like "Emergency Exit" ... go through, make a turn and you'll be right at the Oceaneer's Club entrance.

The kids and I enjoyed using this little secret entrance. It's not an emergency exit at all, it's just a door separating the stateroom hallway from the middle part of the ship.

Whew!!! :woohoo:Thank you so much. I am a complete novice at the whole cruise thing and the thought had never entered my mind that you wouldn't be able to access the clubs from the rooms in the back.:confused3 Of course that extra bit of walking wouldn't really have killed me.:lmao:

I am in an AFT cabin on Deck 8 for my cruise I am hoping this makes the elevators less used since people don't think they can get to the kids clubs from them and also you have to get to the pools through Cabanas. Maybe I'll have them all to myself :)

Whew!!! :woohoo:Thank you so much. I am a complete novice at the whole cruise thing and the thought had never entered my mind that you wouldn't be able to access the clubs from the rooms in the back.:confused3 Of course that extra bit of walking wouldn't really have killed me.:lmao:
Is there a rear entrance to oceaneers, so if you come from aft there is an easy entrance to Oceaneers? or do you have to walk to the entrance midship?

They could put a sign in that elevator location indicating for people going to pools to get off on 12 by Meridian, and there you can exit onto the deck near the miniature golf course and walk to the pools from there.

Is there a rear entrance to oceaneers, so if you come from aft there is an easy entrance to Oceaneers? or do you have to walk to the entrance midship?

You can come from the aft elevators on deck 5 to reach oceaneers. It doesn't look like there is a hallway on the deckplan, but it is there no problem.

And wow, you dug deep for an old thread, congratulations!

I think perhaps some of the trepidation is a little overdone.

The way I looked at it, the aft elevators gave direct access to Cabanas. That was a PLUS. So when I wanted to go to Cabanas from my Midships cabin, I didn't go to the Midships elevator (where I would have to walk past the whole pool area, much more difficult than walking through Cabanas to get to the pool, IMO), I went to the Aft elevator and was directly at the back of Cabanas, where the line was usually shorter than the front of Cabanas, BTW.

Thus, the reverse is true, if your cabin is aft, but you want to go to the pool, you can go to the Midship elevator on your floor and come up by the pool if you don't wish to walk through Cabanas.

We stayed in an aft room on our first cruise (Dream). We always felt weird walking through Cabanas when they were closed -- kind of like we were somewhere we shouldn't be. We used the midship elevators and walked the long hallway back to our room to avoid the weird aft elevators.

We pretty much exclusively use the forward and aft stairs/elevators. Much less crowded. There is also a rear entrance to Animators Palate by the aft stairs that no one ever uses. I've seen a line at the main entrance and walk right in the back entrance with no wait. You still get brought in by the team so it's no different than the main entrance.

I think perhaps some of the trepidation is a little overdone.

The way I looked at it, the aft elevators gave direct access to Cabanas. That was a PLUS. So when I wanted to go to Cabanas from my Midships cabin, I didn't go to the Midships elevator (where I would have to walk past the whole pool area, much more difficult than walking through Cabanas to get to the pool, IMO), I went to the Aft elevator and was directly at the back of Cabanas, where the line was usually shorter than the front of Cabanas, BTW.

Thus, the reverse is true, if your cabin is aft, but you want to go to the pool, you can go to the Midship elevator on your floor and come up by the pool if you don't wish to walk through Cabanas.
That is great advice thanks!

We pretty much exclusively use the forward and aft stairs/elevators. Much less crowded. There is also a rear entrance to Animators Palate by the aft stairs that no one ever uses. I've seen a line at the main entrance and walk right in the back entrance with no wait. You still get brought in by the team so it's no different than the main entrance.

Lately they have a CM who goes thru the line at the main entrance of AP and asks what table you are. If you are at one that is closer to the back entrance by the stairs, they will direct you to that entrance and avoid the line altogether. However, I still use the back entrance no matter where our table is because, as you mentioned, it is never as busy as the main one. :)

Yes it is true. You must walk through Cabanas to go forward.

On deck 5 forward you must go up or down to go aft and on deck 5 aft you must go up or down to go forward.

Takes some getting used to but it wasn't too bad.

FYI, From deck 5 forward you can at least get to the atrium area w/o going up or down. It took us a while to figure out how to do this our first time staying 5 forward -- the hall is only on one side of the ship, and there is this double 90 degree jog in it that initially makes you think the hallway ends.

Also, I'm pretty I remember going to the aft cabin area on deck 5... on deck 5 from the atrium. Again, some jogs involved so it isn't obvious. But I may be mistaken on that, confusing it with another deck.

SW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter