Dream Crowds Currently

m3bolton

Earning My Ears
Our family is doing the Dream February 4th. I am wondering how full (empty) the ship has been recently.

I just got off of the Dream on Monday. I heard various reports ranging from 1300 to 1600 passengers.

We also just debarked the Dream. The crowds for the shows were very manageable. We were seated just a few minutes before the show right behind the walkway between the front and back sections of the theater. The movie theater was also very sparsely filled when we were there. The pool deck felt decently crowded. There were lines to swim in the pool as well as a line for the family hot tub. I found myself thinking that the pool deck would have been crazy with full capacity! That being said, our sailing was the last before requiring vaccinations for the 5 to 12 age range so maybe we had a greater percentage of swimmers on our cruise. The restaurants were great – tables were spaced like a normal restaurant on land as opposed to the normal close confines on a cruise ship. The ship definitely never felt empty as had been reported before, but had enough passengers to feel festive without being overwhelming. We did not wait to take any photos or meet any characters so I cannot comment on that.
We debarked the ship late- around 11 on Castaway Cay day. We took the tram to the pelican plunge beach and there were just a couple groups of empty chaise lounges left. But we found a group of four and enjoyed the day.

On the Dream now. I don’t know how many are onboard, but the porter said 1,400 were booked for the cruise.

We were on the Dream over Thanksgiving and it was only half full...the cruise before only had 800. It will change with the holidays, spring breaks and DCL guidelines often...we have three cruises scheduled with the mouse this year and I will wait until a week or two before boarding to determine what the ruling of the day will be...still may get port changes as we cruise.
Several years ago, we were on the Magic doing the 7-night Mediterranean. We couldn't stop at Monte Carlo because it was too windy to tender folks ashore. Within three hours the captain declared that day an "at sea" day, arranged for us to dock in Marselles the next day (was to be an "at sea" day), had a dozen excursions lined up and got the word to all the passengers. I asked one of the officers later how this was possible to assemble so quickly. He said that they always have a Plan B ready...and C & D. Happy sailing and be flexible!!

Just off the dream about a week ago. Everything was really manageable. Noticed the “Broadway” shows filled up very close to showtime. So don’t wait til the last minute just in case. They do both shows on two different nights so you don’t miss out (at least on the 4 night cruise).

As someone else said, there were lines for the family pools and hot tubs. I can’t imagine relaxing in the hot tub with ppl in line right next to you looking at you. Adult pools and hot tubs hardly had anyone in them whenever I was in that area. Cabanas got busy around prime breakfast and lunch hours. (9am/Noon) We always tried to get there early and it was pretty empty.

Lots of trivia and crafts on board. Trivia did fill up on sea days. So show up early for those. Anything on sea day filled up it seemed. Just not a whole lot to do if you aren’t in trivia/crafts or pool time. So everyone showed up for those. Port days it was pretty empty for those things.

This was all with about reports of around 1400-1600 on board.

We were supposed to board the dream tomorrow and then again on Monday. Had to cancel for covid exposure. Judging by the sheer number of people in the Facebook groups that are reporting testing positive or having exposure, these cruises will probably have low numbers.

To answer another of the OP's questions, the show on the Jan 7 sailing on the Dream was switched to Believe instead of Beauty & the Beast. It was shown on the first and third nights, and the second night was a movie (Encanto) in the Walt Disney Theater. Rumors are that BATB was cancelled because of exposures among the cast, but no information was given. It was not announced as a change - the schedule just reflected Believe as the evening show as if it was always planned that way. If you didn't know that BATB had been the evening show on the Dream up until the Jan 7 sailing, you would have no way of knowing that anything was different.

We got off the dream on Friday (Jan 14). We had Believe on nights 1 and 4, Beauty and the Beast on nights 2 & 3. I think we had about 1200 passengers, but that's hearsay. We really enjoyed the cruise. We'd sailed four times pre-Covid. While this was certainly different, it was still great in our opinion. We rather enjoyed the "empty" dining rooms so we could hear the conversation going on at our table. We missed Pirate night being a bigger deal as well as the Sail Away party and other dance parties. While we're looking forward to a more "normal" experience, we still had a fantastic trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter