Dream Drydock 2024

KevinFL

DCL Pearl
Does anyone know what is being done to Concierge lounge deck 12 and Concierge outdoor area deck 13 when drydock this year?

And when Fantasy undergoes drydock?

Does anyone know what is being done to Concierge lounge deck 12 and Concierge outdoor area deck 13 when drydock this year?

And when Fantasy undergoes drydock?
1. Someone at DCL probably does - but nothing has been officially mentioned by Disney. One of the most anticipated change is a potential conversion of Enchanted Garden into some sort of themed dining

2. The current rumor is for the Fantasy to head to Europe Summer 2025, and go to drydock after the S25 European sailing season

1. Someone at DCL probably does - but nothing has been officially mentioned by Disney. One of the most anticipated change is a potential conversion of Enchanted Garden into some sort of themed dining

2. The current rumor is for the Fantasy to head to Europe Summer 2025, and go to drydock after the S25 European sailing season
Great feedback thank you!!!

Chatting with one of the hosts last year, it sounded like they're aware of how much worse the Dream/Fantasy lounges are and want to fix it, but I didn't get much in the way of detail (and it sounded like any major change might be further off than this year). But who knows -- we're sailing again in a few weeks so perhaps I'll be able to get a bit more insight then.

Everything is pure speculation at this point. What I heard was that they were going to revamp Enchanted Garden so that they can have a dinner show

Everything is pure speculation at this point. What I heard was that they were going to revamp Enchanted Garden so that they can have a dinner show
Enchanted Garden needs a refurb but I'm not crazy about dinner shows. I know they are wildly successful and Disney doesn't half *** anything, but I think those are better suited for the theme parks than the cruises.

Was told by Concierge staff of expansion of sun deck to have ocean view (to the side) and addition of support to add hot food in the lounge (like the Wish) …

Enchanted Garden, hoping they go with the Mary Poppins overlay as long as they keep the sea bass ….

Just got off Dream concierge. We were told dry dock will be in September & they wlll be expanding the lounge & sun deck. That’s great but the point of doing that is because they are now making cabins on 10 concierge as well. Right now Dream has about 40 concierge & will expand to 70 ish. Bummed to hear that bc it will become Wish like in that regard & we liked Dream bc of the more intimate experience in the Concierge area.

Just got off Dream concierge. We were told dry dock will be in September & they wlll be expanding the lounge & sun deck. That’s great but the point of doing that is because they are now making cabins on 10 concierge as well. Right now Dream has about 40 concierge & will expand to 70 ish. Bummed to hear that bc it will become Wish like in that regard & we liked Dream bc of the more intimate experience in the Concierge area.
I think this is exactly right. Just looked at booking concierge for the Dream on a Nov 14 sailing and they have a category called "Concierge Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah - Guaranteed" which now includes decks 10, 11 and 12.

1713923383329.png

Yikes to them adding way more concierge cabins with only expanding the sundeck. I don't feel like a lot of people hang out up there so that's not going to do much to help the lounge getting cramped.

When we sailed the Dream recently I asked about possible changes and heard the same thing about expanding the sundeck on one side. It didn't sound like they could do much else because the lounge is surrounded by cabins. No mention of them adding a hot food kitchen but who knows.

I'll personally be sad to see Enchanted Garden go if that's indeed what's happening. It was a really beautiful space. I can see why they feel the need to make it some sort of Disney IP though.

I'll personally be sad to see Enchanted Garden go if that's indeed what's happening. It was a really beautiful space. I can see why they feel the need to make it some sort of Disney IP though.
Me too. My favorite restaurant on the Dream/Fantasy. But I am an oddball. I loved Parrot Cay as well which was generally disliked (it’s now Tiana’s).

Any changes for the decor in the concierge rooms? Our concierge room on the Magic was beautiful!View attachment 840751

I was just thinking about this after seeing that Deck 10 will be renovated to Concierge Cabins. Unless DCL saved a lot of carpet and furniture from 2011 then I would think they would update all the Concierge rooms for the same consistent look. Will be really interesting if this happens what they do to the Royal Suites. Bittersweet I have so many great memories of cruising in those rooms really loved the look and feel.

I was just thinking about this after seeing that Deck 10 will be renovated to Concierge Cabins. Unless DCL saved a lot of carpet and furniture from 2011 then I would think they would update all the Concierge rooms for the same consistent look. Will be really interesting if this happens what they do to the Royal Suites. Bittersweet I have so many great memories of cruising in those rooms really loved the look and feel.
My guess is they will be done in the grays and blues of the recent renovations we saw on the other ships. I’ll hold out hope for an Art Deco theme, but that seems to be the way of the past for now ….

I question just how big you can make the concierge experience without diluting the exclusivity… I know that is a complaint of Wish Concierge…. But, they likely have the data that explain why this is a great decision. I suppose whenever recession hits they can always cut services and discount the rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter