Dream/Fantasy 8A cabins

Tradahpd said:
Just got back from the Disney Dream - room 6016!! This room does have the pole in it by the end of the bed. But there is so much room you won't even notice it is there. Exactly like the room above!!!

Do you happen to have any photos of the room? My DH and i just booked that exact room for may and we are Disney explorers and love to try everything, so when we heard about these rooms we booked immediately and got the last category 8A room and it was that one. I am really excited!

These photos are from the Fantasy, but the Dream cabins should correspond. I was able to tour these cabins last week.

==========

Cabin 6016 on Disney Fantasy, a Category 08A Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with two portholes and single bath. Sleeps 4.

076-IMG_0149.JPG

077-IMG_0150.JPG

078-IMG_0151.JPG

079-IMG_0152.JPG

Single standard bath - pretty roomy.

080-IMG_0153.JPG

==========

Cabin 6014 on Disney Fantasy, a handicapped accessible Category 08A Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with two portholes and single bath. Sleeps 4.

082-IMG_0155.JPG

Video link (I hope...) - Tour of Cabin 6014

084-IMG_0159.JPG

Roll-in bathroom - shower and toilet areas have grab bars. I think the shower has a fold down seat, but I don't see it on any of my pictures.

085-IMG_0160.JPG

==========

Cabin 6012, a non-connecting Category 08A Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with 2 large portholes and single bath. Sleeps 4.

This stateroom has the wide door of a HA room, but is not designated as such on the deck plans. I didn't grab a picture of the bathroom. 6014 is the only designated 08A HA stateroom.

086-IMG_0163.JPG

087-IMG_0161.JPG

088-IMG_0162.JPG

==========

I also got photos of some 09D cabins around the corner from these. I'll insert the link once I get them posted.

In room 6016, where was the portholes located? Off the side of the bed or at the foot? Was a little hard to tell! Booked that room for May and I am very anxious :blush:

On our Dec cruise we had a cabin crawl

6014 was HA without the pole. Very large and bright.

5020- we had the minisuite that only sleeps 3
In the rooms on the tv there is a camera view of what is ahead of the ship. If you lean all the way into the front window you can see the camera from this room.
You can not see directly down to the water as the overhang for the lifeboats sticks out.

You feel the waves in this one. Hubby kept rolling into me and waking me up so I went for a late night walk a few nights.
Tub was regular sized. These rooms DO NOT have the round tubs.
Bathroom door banged into hallway door.

We could hear some of the noise from the above theater storage after the shows were over for about 15 minutes. Found out later they change the sets nightly so were rearrranging for the next day.

It has some turns in the hallways so is a bit off the beaten path.

The regiular entrance for VIBE is on deck 4. Only the HA access for VIBE is on deck 5. SOmeone forgot to tell the teenagers that.

We had problems with teens knocking on the doors as they passed. I felt comfortable enough chewing them out the third time(I work in a school with teens) in a nice disney way as we showed them the lovely strobe light effect they created on the hearing impaired door.
I did follow up with a call to VIBE.

Yet we still liked it.

Just off the Fantasy this past Saturday, 2/16/13, we booked 5518 for next year! Very excited about the huge room and port holes. We learned about it from these threads! Awesome!

allears said:
Just off the Fantasy this past Saturday, 2/16/13, we booked 5518 for next year! Very excited about the huge room and port holes. We learned about it from these threads! Awesome!

me too!! We are booked for june2014. In 5520 and 5020. I love all the reviews and pictures. So glad I grabbed those two because the rest are all booked! Only 16 months to go ! Lol

I'm booked in 5522 in August so no pictures yet.

There are some pictures of 5522 here. Very similar to 5022, of which there are a lot more photos; only difference being it is "backwards".

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2683634 5522 pics

http://toddjodybrent.blogspot.com/2011/08/stateroom-5022-on-disney-dream.html Good video/pics of 5022 (only big difference is how the bed faces)

We just booked 5522 for next year and our very excited for our "mini-suite". We've never been in the front of a boat before, always in back on RCCL/Princess/NCL....is the ship movement bad? An 8B, 8C, or 8D location seems a little better, though the room isn't as nice IMO.

Thanks!

btt--came looking for this info and had a hard time finding it. I didn't realize that these cabins are the same on the Dream and the Fantasy. Are all cabin nos. the same with the same location or just the 8a's?

btt--came looking for this info and had a hard time finding it. I didn't realize that these cabins are the same on the Dream and the Fantasy. Are all cabin nos. the same with the same location or just the 8a's?

I think all the numbers are the same on the Dream and Fantasy or atleast they look that way when comparing deck plans. :)

Pictures to follow, but in the meantime, here is a low down on 6510, 6512 and 6514 on Dream.

6514 - HUGE! 2 portholes. Pole in room. No split bath. Has tub, small bathroom. No privacy curtain. Queen bed. Top bunk. Couch is twin. Really won't sleep more than 4 comfortably, and that is if 2 of the 4 are children. Good amount of closet and storage space.

6512 - HUGE! 2 portholes. Pole in room. No split bath. No privacy curtain. Huge bathroom. No tub. Open for clear wheelchair access. Don't run shower at full blast, will soak the floor! Queen bed. Top bunk. Couch is twin. Really won't sleep more than 4 comfortably, and that is if 2 of the 4 are children. Good amount of closet and storage space.

6510 - HUGE!! 2 portholes. No pole. Queen bed. Top bunk. Couch is twin. Really won't sleep more than 4 comfortably, and that is if 2 of the 4 are children. Was my sister's room and I don't think I saw the bathroom!!! Will update when I get in touch with her. Good amount of closet and storage space.

Cruise was amazing. Service was impeccable. Mickey bars to die for!

We don't sail for another two months, but will post when we get back. However, it seems a lot of folks say that and it doesn't happen. I will do my best to remember to post on this thread.

ETA: Guess I won't be posting pics after all, sorry, after getting the GTY assignment I wanted, DH now says he wants a verandah, so we are upgrading to a 4E.

I booked this room with very little info. I found a few photos, but not near enough detail and no walkthroughs. so i made a video walthrough tour of SR 6012 aboard the Disney Fantasy.

my hubby, Clint, of Thrillgeek posted it to his youtube. I would post a link, but b/c i just registered, it will not let me. google Thrillgeek and you should be able to find his youtube and website. he also posted the Buccaneer Blast fireworks! as soon as I have 10 posts or more, i will repost with a link.

happy Sailing!

We have 5018, 5020, 5022 and 5520 booked for April for us and our extended family. I cannot wait. I love the extra room and a room for just the girls will be "awesome" as my DS always says. :banana:

We have 5020 and 5022 booked for March. I can't wait! We've only ever done inside staterooms so I think this will seem like such a treat. (Just afraid we won't want to go back to an inside stateroom after that)

I booked this room with very little info. I found a few photos, but not near enough detail and no walkthroughs. so i made a video walthrough tour of SR 6012 aboard the Disney Fantasy.

my hubby, Clint, of Thrillgeek posted it to his youtube. I would post a link, but b/c i just registered, it will not let me. google Thrillgeek and you should be able to find his youtube and website. he also posted the Buccaneer Blast fireworks! as soon as I have 10 posts or more, i will repost with a link.

happy Sailing!

Thank you for this.

We are booked in 6012 on the Fantasy next August. And you're right, there seems to be very little info out there about it. There is much, much more info out there about the 8As on deck 5.

Here are the list of the Cat 8A double porthole rooms on the Dream/Fantasy (HA = Handicap access).

Deck 5
5018 (HA-designed; no tub) - no pole/no wall (big open room), no split bath, no privacy curtain, sleeps 4
5020 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, no split bath, sleeps 3
5022 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, no split bath, sleeps 3

5518 (HA-designed; no tub) - no pole/no wall (big open room), no split bath, no privacy curtain, sleeps 4
5520 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, no split bath, sleeps 3
5522 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, no split bath, sleeps 3

Deck 6
6012 (HA) - no pole, no split bath, no privacy curtain
6014 (HA) - pole in center, no spilt bath
6016 - pole in center, no spilt bath, no privacy curtain, sleeps 4

6510 (HA) - no pole, no split bath, no privacy curtain
6512 (HA) - pole in center, no spilt bath
6514 - pole in center, no spilt bath, no privacy curtain, sleeps 4

We are aft verandah peeps ourselves, but this info might really help some people. Anyone have any more info that we can add to this list??

We would like to reserve 3 category 8A cabins on the Fantasy, Feb. 2015. The opening day is getting closer. We are interested in 5518, 5520 and 5522. We are not handicapped. Can I reserve these 3 cabins on opening day or does Disney keep them open for potential handicapped guests?
Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter