Dream/Fantasy 8A cabins

Can I reserve category 8A cabins on the Fantasy on opening day for Feb. 2015? We need 3 cabins, hoping for 5518, 5520 and 5522. None of us are handicapped. Can I reserve these cabins or does Disney hold them for potential handicapped guests??
Can't wait for opening day. I would be very happy with 8B or 8C cabins if we cannot get the 2 porthole rooms. 2 portholes or split bath and larger desk.
Can anyone answer my question?
Thanks

We would like to reserve 3 category 8A cabins on the Fantasy, Feb. 2015. The opening day is getting closer. We are interested in 5518, 5520 and 5522. We are not handicapped. Can I reserve these 3 cabins on opening day or does Disney keep them open for potential handicapped guests?
Thanks

5518 is not designated as HA that I see on several plans, nor are any of these three cabins. I see no issue reserving all 3 cabins. You better be fast though, as these cabins book fast.

Can I reserve category 8A cabins on the Fantasy on opening day for Feb. 2015? We need 3 cabins, hoping for 5518, 5520 and 5522. None of us are handicapped. Can I reserve these cabins or does Disney hold them for potential handicapped guests?? Can't wait for opening day. I would be very happy with 8B or 8C cabins if we cannot get the 2 porthole rooms. 2 portholes or split bath and larger desk. Can anyone answer my question? Thanks

Check official deck plans to determine if any of those rooms are actually handicapped. Some were designed that way but did not pass inspection. If they are, DCL will ask if you are handicapped when you try to book.

Also be aware that these rooms are very popular and you may not be able to get three of them if you are not Gold or Platinum status in the Castaway Club (I'm on my phone so I can't see signatures right now). They get to book first before it opens to Silver and the general public.

Sent from my Tricorder using DISBoards

Check official deck plans to determine if any of those rooms are actually handicapped. Some were designed that way but did not pass inspection. If they are, DCL will ask if you are handicapped when you try to book.

Also be aware that these rooms are very popular and you may not be able to get three of them if you are not Gold or Platinum status in the Castaway Club (I'm on my phone so I can't see signatures right now). They get to book first before it opens to Silver and the general public.

Sent from my Tricorder using DISBoards

Thank You. I forgot about Gold and Platinum Members. I hope we can still get 8B or 8C 3 in a row!

Can I reserve category 8A cabins on the Fantasy on opening day for Feb. 2015? We need 3 cabins, hoping for 5518, 5520 and 5522. None of us are handicapped. Can I reserve these cabins or does Disney hold them for potential handicapped guests??
Can't wait for opening day. I would be very happy with 8B or 8C cabins if we cannot get the 2 porthole rooms. 2 portholes or split bath and larger desk.
Can anyone answer my question?
Thanks

We reserved 5020 and 5520 for our June 2014. They are not reserved for handicapped.

Keep in mind that on the Fantasy some of the 6th floor 8A staterooms do not have bath tubs. I just called DVC and they told me that stateroom 6514 has a tub. We are in 6510 in April 2014 and I was just told there was no tub in that room (I was told by CM before that it did, but in the back of my mind knew it probably didn't). The CM I just spoke with was much more knowledgeable. We have a 2 and 4 year old. We would've liked to have a tub, but I think a room two huge port holes will more than make up for it.

The video was very helpful. Now I know we won't have a tub in our room. How did you feel about that?

Does anybody have photos of rm 5520 on the fantasy? I had this rm on the dream and wondering if it looks the same or different arrangment of bed, desk and sofa.

This thread has been very helpful but I have a question - We have booked room 6514 on the Dream. However, I noticed I can get two inside Staterooms (connected) for basically the same price. We have two young kids (6 and 3) and I think the two rooms would be nice. This is our first cruise so any opinions from experienced cruisers would be great!

Thanks!

This thread has been very helpful but I have a question - We have booked room 6514 on the Dream. However, I noticed I can get two inside Staterooms (connected) for basically the same price. We have two young kids (6 and 3) and I think the two rooms would be nice. This is our first cruise so any opinions from experienced cruisers would be great!

Thanks!

Well I am not really sure why you would want to go into a inside stateroom unless you were saving money. We have not stayed in this room but my understanding is that these are very roomy Cabins with two portholes (with seats). I would WANT to get one of these rooms. Are you thinking two bathrooms? Maybe you want to be able to put the kids asleep in the other side of the connecting rooms? We have had connecting rooms on the dream and while all the rooms on the new ships are wonderful I would want one of these special rooms because it looks so open and spacious. With two little ones that would be awesome!

Good luck in your choice and if you cancel that room by all means let the boards know!

865AB7C6-EB28-4C41-8EAF-2A64D496F3E2_zps6tobkycy.jpg
[/IMG]

Sorry was having issues uploading pictures of my room, but here's the room I stayed in which was 6016 on the Dream.

865AB7C6-EB28-4C41-8EAF-2A64D496F3E2_zps6tobkycy.jpg

96BDA2B5-EA9E-46AA-840B-B115C4D6B651_zpszao0eg3r.jpg

Pardon the mess!

6C17BB5B-F35D-4624-B59B-C8C17D9212D9_zpsgdaefiqw.jpg

C83A2E26-A47F-4624-A6E4-2A4262F99357_zpsltliflk0.jpg

So I saw one comment about noise from the theater on deck 4. Anyone else who stayed in an 8A room on deck 5 have concerns over noise?

So I saw one comment about noise from the theater on deck 4. Anyone else who stayed in an 8A room on deck 5 have concerns over noise?

That might have been me. We were in 5522 last August on the Fantasy. We did hear some noise from the theater below on the evenings we didn't go to the show (like magician night, etc) but it was fairly early 8:30-9:30 or so. Wasn't a deal breaker and we would stay in that room agajn

I found this thread really helpful when planning my cruise.

I would like to say thanks by adding my own review of 5520. (Fantasy)

http://3batteredsuitcases.blogspot.co.nz/2013/12/a-room-fit-for-king.html

We enjoyed the same stateroom for our November 16 Fantasy cruise and agree with your review completely! We had room 5522 last November 2012 and agree that we like 5520 a tad bit better - mostly because of the longer desk and arrangement of the sofa bed as you mentioned. I honestly don't think I could sail on the Fantasy or Dream again without booking one of these 4 rooms. We're spoiled now. And we didn't miss not having a balcony at all.

Thanks again for your great review and pictures!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter