Dream/Fantasy Muster Stations

I know that was not the point of what you posted, but all of these things are clearly listed on DCLs "prohibited list," so it's no weird at all. If they didn't do their homework yes that's disappointing but not weird. I would not put stock in those "cruise approved" designations on Amazon and the like because sellers can pretty much say whatever they want in the product description. DCL says no extension cords.

Sorry, I'm just not a fan of people who don't do their homework and then get mad at a company for doing exactly what they said they would. Yes, there's a lot of info on the DCL site, but they also send emails with links to this kind of info. Maybe I'm too harsh (and maybe I'm reading too much into this comment (I didn't watch the video), but DCL makes it clear these items are not allowed.

I know that was not the point of what you posted, but all of these things are clearly listed on DCLs "prohibited list," so it's no weird at all. If they didn't do their homework yes that's disappointing but not weird. I would not put stock in those "cruise approved" designations on Amazon and the like because sellers can pretty much say whatever they want in the product description. DCL says no extension cords.

Sorry, I'm just not a fan of people who don't do their homework and then get mad at a company for doing exactly what they said they would. Yes, there's a lot of info on the DCL site, but they also send emails with links to this kind of info. Maybe I'm too harsh (and maybe I'm reading too much into this comment (I didn't watch the video), but DCL makes it clear these items are not allowed.
I agree. Moderator will remove off topic post. I edited my post as well.

Some other cruise lines are starting to go back to in-person muster drills although e-muster drills would be great!
Can you name one? To the best of my knowledge every major cruise line except Disney uses e-muster. Norwegian briefly switched back to in-person and quickly caved to overwhelming negative guest response.

Can you name one? To the best of my knowledge every major cruise line except Disney uses e-muster. Norwegian briefly switched back to in-person and quickly caved to overwhelming negative guest response.
We did in person on Viking. Even had to wear our life vests!

Can anybody tell me the station for Dream 8590? it’s a handicap room.

If you have concerns about standing/claustrophobia/heat/anxiety, get to the muster station early and let the cast member know. They should be able to give you a place to sit and maybe a bit of space. When I had an outdoor muster station it was pretty packed tight with people, but if they know you have an issue they can work to accommodate. Not sure about the shade, though, depending on which way the sun is facing (I don't have good enough spatial awareness to think about which side of the ship is facing east/west, lol, so maybe someone else can help me out there).

Seating and walls to lean on will not be readily available for an outdoor muster station, so best advice is to get there early and let them know of your concerns.

I don't think they will do sail away party until the muster drill is over (the whole ship pretty much 'shuts down' during the drill).

Here is a review with the muster drill crowd. They no longer require the life vest to be carried or put on. But it was and is shoulder to shoulder literally. It gets hard to carry a small child but the tallest person can lean against a back wall but (gets super hot). The men in the back needed to get out of line to get some air.

https://www.victoriaonvacation.com/2019/06/disney-wonder-day-1.html?m=0

View attachment 754164

That video is helpful. Thank you!

And it is another testimony that if you have an outdoor station you miss the sail away party (already started by the time you can get there and you cannot find a place to see the show because it’s already packed). I read a few similar accounts saying the same thing. This video actually shows it.

With that in mind, does anyone have any tips on how to get to the sail away party the quickest from station L that does not involve stairs? And suggestions for best viewing areas?
I got back a couple weeks ago from the Fantasy, and you both were right! Again, thank you for the heads up and helpful tips! I had assembly station L, and it indeed did look like the photo you posted and the experience you described (even more shoulder to shoulder/body to body than in the photo). Thanks to your tips, I went to the assembly area early before the first crew member showed up. When she showed up, I was able to speak with her and explain mobility and anxiety issues, and she let my family line up in front of a bench so the person who needed to could sit the entire time. It was a total game changer, and if I hadn't read your advice I would have never known it would be like it was (which could have been miserable) nor would have thought to go early to ask for help. It was a long 30 minutes in the sun body to body, but it went as smooth as can be because we were prepared. Thank you!!!
Also, as expected after your postings, we did not make it to the Sail Away party in time. By the time we got there it was halfway over, and it was totally packed with no where to stand to actually see the performers. Again, it was a total disappointment, but with your postings it was expected so it lessened the disappointment (even though we still tried our darnedest to get there). I do not get why they start it so soon. We headed straight there, but with the slow moving crowds there was no way us nor anyone else in nearby assembly stations was getting there before the party started (not to mention get a spot to actually see it).

Thanks, again, for being so helpful!

I got back a couple weeks ago from the Fantasy, and you both were right! Again, thank you for the heads up and helpful tips! I had assembly station L, and it indeed did look like the photo you posted and the experience you described (even more shoulder to shoulder/body to body than in the photo). Thanks to your tips, I went to the assembly area early before the first crew member showed up. When she showed up, I was able to speak with her and explain mobility and anxiety issues, and she let my family line up in front of a bench so the person who needed to could sit the entire time. It was a total game changer, and if I hadn't read your advice I would have never known it would be like it was (which could have been miserable) nor would have thought to go early to ask for help. It was a long 30 minutes in the sun body to body, but it went as smooth as can be because we were prepared. Thank you!!!
Also, as expected after your postings, we did not make it to the Sail Away party in time. By the time we got there it was halfway over, and it was totally packed with no where to stand to actually see the performers. Again, it was a total disappointment, but with your postings it was expected so it lessened the disappointment (even though we still tried our darnedest to get there). I do not get why they start it so soon. We headed straight there, but with the slow moving crowds there was no way us nor anyone else in nearby assembly stations was getting there before the party started (not to mention get a spot to actually see it).

Thanks, again, for being so helpful!
You're welcome, glad it was a help! Sorry you missed Sail Away, but glad you were able to make the muster drill the best you could for you.

Fantasy says...
9047 - J - on deck (starboard)
9052 - E - Buena Vista Theater

So what do we think 9048 and 9050 are?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter