dreamer- skyauction

reeddi

Mouseketeer
I know you just returned and liked where you stayed. Could you give us a run-down on the process for skyauction and how it worked with the property?

1) How did you pay?
2) Did you have to listen to a presentation?
3) Where there any extra "hidden" costs?
4) Which property and what were the rooms like?

Inquiring minds.

Got Orange Lake 2BR for $299 no auction involved..... Through Ready Set Go option..... Am going in April.

My Credit Card was charged $299 (received bill). That is for 1 week. Never heard about hidden costs and confirmation states no other costs either.

Auctions, especially last minute are huge bargains. If going in off period you can get almost anything. When worst comes to worst and you end up paying $50/night for a Hampton Inn (which I love + breakfast) it is a ridiculous bargain staying offsite in Orlando.

Heard nothing but good about Orange Lake and there is no Timeshare presentation required, though they may ask.

I also had very good luck with skyauction. We stayed in a 3br villa at Embassy Resort Grand Beach for $222/wk. This was a standard auction, which maybe is wehere your questions of "hidden costs" come in. However, the skyauctions website was very straightforward. For my 7 nite vacation package there was a $195 handling charge and a $15 charge for overnight confimation delivery. I started bidding at $1 and won with a bid of $12, so my total for the week was $222 with no taxes. I think that the deal I got was thru someone putting up their timeshare for auction, as my actual confirmation was handled as an exchange confirmation thru RCI, which my BIL says is a timeshare company. No matter- we had a great vacation with wonderful accomodations, and nobody ever contacted us about taking a timeshare tour (which I wasn't thinking would happen, anyhow!). When you place a bid on skyauctions, you have to enter your credit card info, and the card is charged as soon as you win (like with priceline). We had no problems, and the accomodations were deluxe, IMHO (of course, we get excited about the Comfort Suites!). A woman at the pool told me that they were paying #309/nt for the same villa I won for $222/WEEK!!

Hi we did Orange Lake via Skyauction in Jan....you will recieve a packet which says you have "exchanged a time share".....people at Olake do not know that it is through Skyauction...there are NO hidden charges and our condo was great......Olake is HUGE so be prepared to drive to the pools unless you happen to be very close...there is a free shuttle that runs a regular route....pool at north end is brand new and lots of kids stuff. W egot one call from a sales rep on Wed....she said taht she knew we already owned a time share but was wondering if we wanted more info on Orange Lake....Well, we don't own a time share, so that's how I knew they assumed we had "traded" for Olake...I said no thanks and that was the last we heard......FYI they have a great miniature golf course that is 24 dollars for the week for the whole party...was fun a few times......again, we could not believe how big this place is, but lots of fun and an incredible bargain for our 280 a week.....195 plus 85 dollar bid....enjoy...Ted

Hi - Everyone else covered mostof your questions, but here goes..

1) How did you pay?
I entered my credit card info and everything was charged correctly

2) Did you have to listen to a presentation?
We were called and asked if we wanted to have a breakfast meeting to chat about the property. We refused by saying we already had plans. That was the end of that...

3) Where there any extra "hidden" costs?
No extra costs, they did run my credit card on check in for security reasons. I have know problem with that, it's a common practice at hotels.

4) Which property and what were the rooms like?
We stayed at Sunterra Cypress Pointe and had a 3 bedroom unit which was a 2 bedroom with an attached one bedroom lock-out. It was great for our needs. The decor was standard condo/hotel stuff. Nothing too fancy as they would have a lot of wear-n-tear.

I do look forward to my next bidding activities with Skyauction

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter