• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dreams DLP booking

SuperMuscleMan

Superman Cosplayer, Filmaker, Gym & Rugby Dude
I've not heard the words Disneyland Paris mentioned on any show for for over a year now. Do dreams still actually do DLP travel booking now? None of the current contributors (bar one flying visit from Craig) have ever been to DLP on the dis podcast.

It's a shame because I feel Paris has alot to offer and is alot more interesting than the latest new flash in the pan food item they often report.

I don't think Dreams Unlimited read these boards. According to this list they have 4 agents, but they do not post, or at least not under their agent's name.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...roducts-they-sell-updated-3-nov-2022.3855478/

Edited to add: I clicked on the 4 links, and apparently none of the agents does DLP bookings (anymore) for Dreams.

I personally think the podcast people are either not interested in non-American Disney parks, or unwilling to travel long distance, or they do not think their listeners are interested.

I do not enjoy the podcast. Tried it once, it wasnt for me. Do they ever talk about non-American Disney parks, just mention that Hong Kong gets the frozen expansion first, or a new parade in Tokyo?

Well when you look at crowd's, shows and experiences Paris is less expensive, has less hoops to jump through, no genie+ and the interaction between guests and characters and performers is superior. That's my opinion but wdw when I last went felt stale, stuck in the 90s in terms of performance and genie plus made me vow never to go back untill it's gone.

Some things I agree, some I don't.
I don't know about characters because I don't care much about them.
About cost, the AP have just increased while removing benefits. Also, for Orlando a 14 days tickets is around £30 a day (I cannot recall the exact price, but about that) and there are 4 parks and 2 water parks included.
Genie+ is a scourge, the workings of the devil, it's evil and should be avoided. But the Premier Pass is the same, or even worst in my opinion, because it allows to buy each attraction individually.
Hoops: just not buy Genie+ and you'll have to look at tour phone only for wait times, like in Paris. People complaint how Genie+ ruins their day but they buy it anyway instead of just going without it and use a touring plan.
Is WDW stuck in the 90s? The newest ride in the Disneyland Park is Buzz, opened in 2006, it'll be 20 yo soon. The next attraction in the studios will be Frozen, a ride that opened in Epcot 8 years ago. Meanwhile, in WDW in the last 4 years they opened Rise of the Resistance, Guardian of the galaxy, Tron, Mickey Mouse Runaway Railway, which are among the best attractions worldwide. The studios got a cute (not much more) shooting ride and a reskin of the RRC.

I love Disneyland Paris, it'll always be a special place for me because stepping in a Disney park was a dream come true, 30 years ago. But I'm now a bit soured by the AP price increase.

Last edited:
I think DLP is very far ahead of WDW when it comes to shows, not just thr drones, but also Shine Bright, Pirates & Princesses and Jungle Book Jive.

They had something similar to Jungle Book Jive, with a show on the lake at Animal Kingdom, but it was without Disney characters. It has to be in a place where it "fits".

I don't think you will see Mickey and the gang in ethnic costumes (not sure if this is the best way to describe it, but you get what I mean) in WDW. I think the closest they got was the mini parade they had for Chinese New Year in Disneyland Anaheim.

P&P and Shine Brighter use more modern music and mashups. More modern dancing. To have all the CMs in different costumes and styles, however they like, is not something you would see in WDW.

I have a feeling WDW has to play it safe and cannot take risks when it comes to entertainment.

When it comes to rides they can be equal.

Character interactions, it can be hit or miss on both sides of the Atlantic. I have had great interactions everywhere and bad interactions everywhere. I think in the US they are better at improv. And that might also have to do with language. In the US they will 99% of the time work in their native language. In DLP they can't. That sometimes influences interaction. Sometimes for the better, arrogant characters as Gaston and Dr. Facilier definitely improve in French 😉 and to give a negative for character in the US, Snow White's voice... in the US she always sounds like she is on helium.

Foodwise, Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Paris are pretty equal as well, however, Epcot and Animal Kingdom have some pretty good options for both table and quick services for decent prices.

DLP is my homepark, and it will always be special. However, I might reduce my visits to DLP to go on a bigger trip to WDW again. And I realize that part of this is because I cannot do go every day, it feels new to me. Plus the AP issues, of course.

I hear you on Disney characters.
For shows, the DHS ones are stale, but both the Festival of the Lion King and Nemo are very good, I'd say on par to Micker and the magician and the Lion King (personal tastes come into play).
The parades are similar quality.
DLP has the hub shows, but WDW has 3 nighttime spectaculars. Happily ever after is better than Dreams, Epcot is getting a new show soon (rumored to have drones, but who knows, it's been rumored for years). And Fantasmic washes the floor with the Tower of Terror Marvel show (which is only in winter).

On the ride front, sorry but it's not even a competition. Some of the rides that are in both resorts can be better in either one, but WDW has the latest and the best.

Some things I agree, some I don't.
I don't know about characters because I don't care much about them.
About cost, the AP have just increased while removing benefits. Also, for Orlando a 14 days tickets is around £30 a day (I cannot recall the exact price, but about that) and there are 4 parks and 2 water parks included.
Genie+ is a scourge, the workings of the devil, it's evil and should be avoided. But the Premier Pass is the same, or even worst in my opinion, because it allows to buy each attraction individually.
Hoops: just not buy Genie+ and you'll have to look at tour phone only for wait times, like in Paris. People complaint how Genie+ ruins their day but they buy it anyway instead of just going without it and use a touring plan.
Is WDW stuck in the 90s? The newest ride in the Disneyland Park is Buzz, opened in 2006, it'll be 20 yo soon. The next attraction in the studios will be Frozen, a ride that opened in Epcot 8 years ago. Meanwhile, in WDW in the last 4 years they opened Rise of the Resistance, Guardian of the galaxy, Tron, Mickey Mouse Runaway Railway, which are among the best attractions worldwide. The studios got a cute (not much more) shooting ride and a reskin of the RRC.

I love Disneyland Paris, it'll always be a special place for me because stepping in a Disney park was a dream come true, 30 years ago. But I'm now a bit soured by the AP price increase.
I don't think you can compare genie+ to premier pass. Very few people use premier pass so has less effect on the main que. I feel the shows parades and presentations are very dated. Yes the rides are old but often are said to be the best versions of the rides.

Yeah, what doesn't help for me... I do not like fireworks shows :p out of the night te shows, I actually only love Fantasmic. With Disney Dreams, I loved Hunchback and Tangled, but that is more about the combination of music and the mapping on the castle.

Music and fireworks are so hard to time to get them correctly. Usually they are a fraction of a second off. Furthermore, they are loud and attract crowds. Not my thing. So, I was very impartial to Happily Ever After.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter