Dreams Unlimited

ww52

DIS Veteran
It's been a very long time since I've been on DIS Boards; we often stayed at the Swan/Dolphin for the discounts and proximity (I wonder if the Sigma Delta 'Sorority" still exists? I'll check later. I actually named that group of Swan/Dolphin enthusiasts - and my wife was Facebook friends with "Mama T" for some time)

Anyway - we are planning a VERY significant trip July 2025 and I used to use Dreams Unlimited (until they stopped including Swan/Dolphin). But this time we want to stay at the Beach Club (which we have manty years ago) so I'm considering Dreams Unlimited again.

They were always top notch. Still true?

Yes. Still great service from Dreams Unlimited.
Thanks - I did contact them even though 2025 reservations aren't being taken yet. Agent has all my info so we can get to work on the details once they are

It's been a very long time since I've been on DIS Boards; we often stayed at the Swan/Dolphin for the discounts and proximity (I wonder if the Sigma Delta 'Sorority" still exists? I'll check later. I actually named that group of Swan/Dolphin enthusiasts - and my wife was Facebook friends with "Mama T" for some time)

Anyway - we are planning a VERY significant trip July 2025 and I used to use Dreams Unlimited (until they stopped including Swan/Dolphin). But this time we want to stay at the Beach Club (which we have manty years ago) so I'm considering Dreams Unlimited again.

They were always top notch. Still true?
I used DU travel for my DLR visit (2022). I am not using DU for my upcoming WDW visit (2024).

My agent promptly replied when I asked a question and also let me know when she was not available and away from her desk. She was also professional in her replies and never rude.

But, unfortunately, my agent gave me incorrect advice about advanced purchases for our vacation (her excuse was that she assumed I was visiting WDW and didn't check our reservation to re-educate herself that I was visiting DLR) and I had to ask my agent to apply a DLR discount that I was eligible to receive. I was left with the impression my agent was either unaware of the discount or the dates of my travel.

I was left wanting more from my agent and DU and felt like I can plan my own vacation better than the agent could plan it. I hope you (and others) have a better experience with DU than I had.

I used DU travel for my DLR visit (2022). I am not using DU for my upcoming WDW visit (2024).

My agent promptly replied when I asked a question and also let me know when she was not available and away from her desk. She was also professional in her replies and never rude.

But, unfortunately, my agent gave me incorrect advice about advanced purchases for our vacation (her excuse was that she assumed I was visiting WDW and didn't check our reservation to re-educate herself that I was visiting DLR) and I had to ask my agent to apply a DLR discount that I was eligible to receive. I was left with the impression my agent was either unaware of the discount or the dates of my travel.

I was left wanting more from my agent and DU and felt like I can plan my own vacation better than the agent could plan it. I hope you (and others) have a better experience with DU than I had.
Sorry to hear that. I can see why you'd sour on them.

i used DU for a girls trip a couple years ago. Great communication. I’m used to planning everything for our WDW trips but I didn’t want to deal with the booking of ADRs. She was able to get us every restaurant we wanted at about the time we wanted to eat.

Am I right in saying that the same ownership group that owns DisBoards also owns Dreams Unlimited? Dreams/ DisBoards/ DisUnlimited are all the same company if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure that they allow constructive commentary on Dreams on the boards but would think that you wouldn't find too many commenters on here that had a bad experience with DU travel agents. We've booked with DU and the service was good, I'd most likely use them again but our reservations have been pretty straight forward.

Am I right in saying that the same ownership group that owns DisBoards also owns Dreams Unlimited? Dreams/ DisBoards/ DisUnlimited are all the same company if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure that they allow constructive commentary on Dreams on the boards but would think that you wouldn't find too many commenters on here that had a bad experience with DU travel agents. We've booked with DU and the service was good, I'd most likely use them again but our reservations have been pretty straight forward.
Yes, they are all part of the same group of companies. Dreams has been great at responding to complaints posted here on the DIS Boards. Often John will respond directly and publicly.

I kept my DU agent when all the Pete stuff came to light because I didn't want her to suffer consequences not her own doing... But I am still uneasy not knowing if PW is fully removed from the company.

i used DU for a girls trip a couple years ago. Great communication. I’m used to planning everything for our WDW trips but I didn’t want to deal with the booking of ADRs. She was able to get us every restaurant we wanted at about the time we wanted to eat.
WOW - great to hear that! That's always the biggest stress factor for me and also my adult kids on their recent trips. More than ride reservations since that's so fluid (drop/add is a pain but even with the newer system since my last trip in 2021 I've heard it's doable.

Good to know about ADRs- especially since it will be such a special occasion. With such a large group we don't plan on having more than maybe three meals as complete family but they will be important. Thanks for the info!

I kept my DU agent when all the Pete stuff came to light because I didn't want her to suffer consequences not her own doing... But I am still uneasy not knowing if PW is fully removed from the company.
I'm out of touch having not been on this board for aa long time; I don't know what the "Pete Werner" stuff is and it's probably better I don't know.

And I just did a search and stopped reading at "cameras in..."

Often John will respond directly and publicly.
I would like to make another observation here that I have messaged John before, and he has sent reply(ies) to me. Again, my experience with DU has been professional communications, timely replies and some fairly good information when my agent would be available and when my agent was away from the desk.

My issue involved one agent that I felt could've done better in several areas with vacation planning. My experience is one individual experience among (assuming) 1,000s of clients that DU has helped reserve and plan vacations.

I'm out of touch having not been on this board for aa long time; I don't know what the "Pete Werner" stuff is and it's probably better I don't know.

And I just did a search and stopped reading at "cameras in..."
Its upsetting and now I am seeing even stuff I somehow missed... and rethinking using Dreams completely... Such a mess

I’d not hesitate to book with DU again. From my understanding, PW doesn’t have anything to do with the company and isn’t a partner anymore. My feeling is the agents that work for DU were not involved in the scandal and have always been top notch professionals. Don’t know if the agent I used still works for DU but Karen A was excellent.

I would like to make another observation here that I have messaged John before, and he has sent reply(ies) to me. Again, my experience with DU has been professional communications, timely replies and some fairly good information when my agent would be available and when my agent was away from the desk.

My issue involved one agent that I felt could've done better in several areas with vacation planning. My experience is one individual experience among (assuming) 1,000s of clients that DU has helped reserve and plan vacations.
Thanks for adding that - sometimes all it takes is one frustrating or worse experience to make one hesitant. It's unfortunate to say the least that Disney panning has become so complicated that even a agent that does nothing but Disney can make mistakes; but that's where we are at.

We'll never go back to the pre-fast pass days when all you had to do was "rope drop" and make your dining reservations first thing in the morning.

I’d not hesitate to book with DU again. From my understanding, PW doesn’t have anything to do with the company and isn’t a partner anymore. My feeling is the agents that work for DU were not involved in the scandal and have always been top notch professionals. Don’t know if the agent I used still works for DU but Karen A was excellent.
My experience in the past was first rate as well- got a discount once after booking that I never would have known about without them.

I can't recall what made me think they stopped doing Swan and Dolphin. This was probably our trip in 2018 and I think I went to the Dreams site and didn't see Swan and Dolphin any longer on a drop down. I wanted to use them but luckily the reservationist at Swan/Dolphin led us to "alcove suites" for our large party that was so enjoyable (esp the views) that we booked the very same rooms in 2021. But this trip it's going to be Beach Cloud (edit - Beach CLUB, though Beach Cloud sounds like a good name for a resort too) - fingers crossed Stormalong Bay renovations will be done on schedule (supposed to be done May 2025 - we're going July with 7 grandkids (and thankfully their parents too!)

Last edited:
My experience in the past was first rate as well- got a discount once after booking that I never would have known about without them.
Exactly my expectation. Yet, I had to notify my agent of a discount that I was eligible for. And, that seems backwards to me? Maybe I'm crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter