• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dreams will come true! Hearts will soar! May 2016 TR *NEW 7/6 x2!*

What an adorable meet and greet with Repunzel and Finn! I love how Flynn took the extra time and attention with the boys -- so very sweet :) They should have the Princes out more often with the Princesses, it takes the experience to a whole other level.

I am VERY jealous that you guys stumbled across Rapunzel and Flynn! That is so cool that you got to meet both of them, and with a very short wait. And those smolders! You're going to have to watch out, it looks like you have a couple future heart breakers.
I have to admit I have never been on living with the land but if it can keep your young boys entertained I am sure I would enjoy it!

All caught up now!

This time, we flew out of BWI because the fares were lower and the times worked out best for our schedule. Our flight was at 9:45 on Saturday April 30. Our options were to get up extra early and drive the 3 hours to Baltimore or spend the night at a nearby hotel. For everyone's sanity, we decided to drive down to Baltimore on Friday night. And I found a park and fly deal at a Country Inn & Suites! So we would spend Friday night and then leave our car at the hotel while we were in Disney. A hotel shuttle would transport us and our luggage to and from the airport. I loved not having to deal with airport parking!

I know i've mentioned this before, but we have to do the same thing...make the drive down to LA which is about a 2 1/2 hour drive for us. I HATE having to spend that extra money on the hotel for the night when I could use it for Disney, but man it's just so much more convenient. And you're right about not having to deal with the parking!

27007466116_31af21c78a_z.jpg

I think i've asked you this before but what app is this??

Isn't it nice not to have to take a carseat on? And my DS did better than I expected too. Actually, i'm not really sure what I expected. Maybe for him to be running all over since he wasn't strapped down, but he did great!

I checked my phone at this point and saw that I had a text saying our room was ready!!

:cool1:

So cute! Good find.

Because a picture of your room number is necessary.

Hey, I think it is!

Love this.

That's a nice surprise!

Ick. Not the best view is it? But is that the monorail I spy back there?

Yay for the first family picture!

We explored the lobby a bit more. This fireplaces looks like it would be a wonderful place to sit on a rainy day!

Right?! With a book and some hot chocolate?! :love:

We threw our stuff in a chair and they took off! The splash pad was really amazing. Lots of sprayers, fountains, dumping buckets, and 2 little slides. It was the perfecta area for the boys since they could all run around and play while we just stood and watched. The water around the play area was only really ankle deep.

Awesome! DS is starting to really like the water, so this would be fun for him. And me too, not having to worry about large, deep pools of water :scared:

But I wasn't ready to spend my time at Disney sleeping (not yet at least), so I set out to explore the resort more!

Good girl ;)

Pretty.

I spent some time walking around the lobby and then headed over to the gift shop. I decided on this trip that I was going to begin collecting resort mugs from each resort I stay at

:banana:I wanted to do this cause I love all Disney mugs but DH put his foot down. I have about 2 1/2 shelves filled with Disney mugs so I have to be choosy about what mugs I buy since I only have half a shelf left. So now i'm collecting resort pins and saving the mugs for something I may see in the parks ::yes::

And my little Colin asked "So, how much dessert can we have?"

One day as adult at the buffet, he'll learn to say, "Look at all the dessert i'm going to have!" At least that's what I think and say:rotfl:

Our not so great daytime view turned into a really nice view of Wishes!

Well that was unexpected! Cool!

I assumed it would take them a bit to get up to our room but someone was knocking on our door 5 minutes later!

They've been speedier over the years I feel! I remember in 2012 (or maybe 2013??) it took about 20-25 minutes for them to come. The past few years it's been literally 5-10 minutes!

Instead of "lines" like at Pop or AOA

I forgot that you had to line up at the Value resorts! The bad thing with the grouping up like you do at Deluxe resorts, is that some folks (not many but some) will walk up last second and cut in front of you. Fortunately a lot of families i've encountered though that come up last second will stand off to the side and wait to board since they know they haven't been waiting.

Beautiful day!

Baymax was not quite ready to get off the charger yet

I just love the things that CM's say when characters are taking a break or aren't ready yet. It's so witty!

Hey, 4 out of 5 faces is a success!

Next up, we finally got to see the manatees! Somehow we missed them on our past visits. But they were out today. And eating lettuce. And SO CUTE!

They are SO ADORABLE!

I was interested to see what it was like with Soarin' closed for refurbisment!

Wasn't it so strange to see the building pretty empty? It was nice but eerie.

Nate had been pretty relaxed, just looking around at this point. But when he heard the words "Peanut Butter" he perked right up. Peanut Butter is just about his favorite thing in the entire world and he asked "Is that a Peanut Butter Sandwich Tree?" :rotfl: Poor guy probably thought he was going to see his favorite sandwich right there for the picking.

All we'd need now for my DS is a Jelly bush to procreate with the PB tree and he'd be a happy camper! :laughing:

This is Colin telling Rapuznel "We have your movie at home! It's called Tangled! I like your hair!" :rotfl: Such a charmer.

Agh so funny!

Love the interaction you captured between the two characters.

We decided that there needed to be an "all boys" smolder session so Rapunzel stood with me to watch. I got this one on video!

:rotfl2:

Not sure how I fell so far behind!!!

So if you followed my PTR, you might remember that I had been given complimentary 1-day base tickets for Hollywood Studios that evening after I sent an email to Guest Services about my disappointment over the cuts, cancellations, closures, and delays that had been announced right before our trip. A lovely CM from Guest Services called me to talk over everything and she gave us some bonus FP+ plus these tickets for us to see the Symphony in the Stars. Well, the day after I spoke to Guest Services, it was announced that Symphony in the Stars would be extended and we would get a chance to see it later in the trip.

I remember when this happened. It happened to a lot of folks who were planning trips. I think Disney handled it well. Glad everything worked out so nicely for you guys.

In the end, I valued sleep and well rested kids over seeing the fireworks twice. It hurt not to use those tickets but I really didn't think the boys were up to a late night in the parks after our flight and travel day. I tried to get an ADR at Whispering Canyon but only later times were available. So I looked over at Trail's End at Fort Wilderness and found plenty of availability!

Sleep with kids will always win out, in my book. Once night of late night fun is not worth grumpy crabby pants the next days!

He's just too cool.

According to Stephen (and a little internet research) it was once an attraction where guests could observe wildlife such as flamingos, lemurs, and tortoises. Very interesting!

I've seen footage of that park on youtube!

Heehee, he's a wild child!

Fort Wilderness has a very different vibe than any other resort that I've visited. I think a stay here would be interesting and it's on our Disney bucket list now!

ours too! We seriously considered it for the trip in May. The cabins look so cozy and tucked away. A nice get-away after a busy day in the parks.

And my little Colin asked "So, how much dessert can we have?"

YES! A boy after my own heart!

he and Nate started to strategize right away. They settled things while I grabbed some real food to fill their bellies.

LOL! I can see the two of them planning their dessert choices, and all before dinner!

Jim went for another helping of brisket and ribs.

Nice! My hubby would likely do the same...

Our not so great daytime view turned into a really nice view of Wishes! I wish I would have been prepared and played the soundtrack on my phone but we just made due with watching the fireworks. The boys could actually see them from the top bunk so they just laid in bed and watched. I sat out on the balcony for the whole show, of course!

COOL!! I'm so glad this happened for you guys! What a great little treat!

Fist Bump!

Our first park day! :goodvibes

Two updates? How did this happen?!

I assumed it would take them a bit to get up to our room but someone was knocking on our door 5 minutes later!

Nice! i'm glad the transition was so smooth.

Instead of "lines" like at Pop or AOA, there are just benches and everyone just crowds around.

Weird...

When we got to Epcot, the bag check lines were nonexistent so we breezed through and managed to be the 3rd family in line at our Mickey turn/tap-stile.

And another reason RD is the very best!

Gorgeous shot!

The CMs let us in at 8:55 and we were the first family in line to meet Baymax!

Sweet!

4 outta 5 isn't bad; an improvement from past family photos!

Wow, that's a great picture.

And surprise...no wait! Just a long walk through the queue. The boys love this and point out how we're going under the water and turning into fish!

Cute! I love how kids think up things like that.

He kept shouting "Hi Nemo!" each time which was pretty adorable. :goodvibes

AWE!!!

After the ride, we went straight for the "shark playground" as the boys call it.

I like that name!

Adorable!

he spent quite a bit of time "teaching" me about the inhabitants of each tank. What a lucky mom I am, to have such a smart kid to teach me things. :cool: :rotfl:

You are a lucky mom! So kind of him to take the time and tell you all these new facts! heehee

I'm just going to use this time to say just how useless I find FP+ on most shows. We were let into the same large open area as the regular standby guests so it always seems completely pointless to me. The boys looked around the queue area until the theater door/curtain opened.

I've heard that. FotLK was not like that, thankfully, but that's really the only show we used FP+ for...?

CUTE! They're so big!!

Cross Body Bag:
wet wipes
tissues
mini first aid kit (bandaids, small tylenol
small wallet
small toys for in line or waiting for shows (trains, action figures)
pen
sharpie for autographs
notebook for TR notes
external charger
park map (I print one from easyWDW)

Stroller Bag:
changing pad
extra diapers
changes of clothes for all boys
snacks
autograph book
ziplocs for wet clothes
ponchos is rain is forecasted
rain cover for stroller (a poncho or one that came with our stroller rental)
glow sticks

We also bring our own water bottles to refill in the parks. Those stay in the stroller too.

Saving this...

Is that a Peanut Butter Sandwich Tree?

I missed three updates?!?! Where have I been?!?!

But from what I've heard, I'm not sure it would be quite what they imagine! We always promise "Maybe next time..." and quickly walk away. :rotfl2:

Wait, I don't get it. What are the videos?

Next, I pointed out this Peanut Butter Tree. Again, who knew? But a quick Google search tells me the tree bears a fruit that is very similar to peanut butter in both flavor and scent. Cool, right?

Cool! I didn't know either of those plant facts!

"Is that a Peanut Butter Sandwich Tree?" :rotfl: Poor guy probably thought he was going to see his favorite sandwich right there for the picking.

LOL! That's too cute!

Tomatoes for my Colin, who eats them by the quart in the summer!

Nice! DD eats them by the pintful as well.

I grabbed the autograph book and we waited less than 10 minutes. Then the boys were up!

This is a great photo.

LOL!

Goodbye hugs all around and we were done! The entire experience took 15 minutes from line to meet, so this was a great little surprise! The boys love Flynn (and Rapunzel, if you can get them to admit it) so they were very excited.

ADORABLE! I didn't know characters still met like this, outside of character-palooza. How fun that you guys had such a great little meet. And the "actors" seem really into their parts, which is always magical.

Hopefully I can keep up a little better from here on out!

How cute about the peanut butter sandwich tree and your Rapunzel meet sounds absolutely wonderful :)

Glad you got Living with the Land with such a short wait. Was The Land pavilion deserted?? Or was Sunshine Seasons as packed as usual?

It was walk on, which was nice! One time we waited like 20 minutes and that was rough since the queue is just all switchbacks. It was definitely less crowded than previous trips! And we were at Sunshine Seasons right at 11 so the crowds may have been low because of the time but I have a feeling not as many people are eating there right now with Soarin' closed!

Great interaction with Rapunzel and Flynn! So awesome! I love Tangled!

It's one of my favorite movies too! The boys loved meeting them and it was a really nice little surprise!

Can't wait to read more about your trip! Ours is in less than 30 days, and I'm reading trip reports to pass the time! :surfweb:

Thanks for following along! I love reading TRs leading up to trips! Hope you have a great time! :goodvibes

Ok, that is seriously awesome! I mean, you gotta be you, right? Lol!

Jake is his own special person, for sure! And his moves worked! :rotfl:

Rapunzel and Flynn! What a lucky catch. I had no idea they appeared in Epcot now.

It was a total surprise for us! I think these friends of Rapunzel and Flynn were having a little training time? I know they do that occasionally at Epcot.

That meet and greet was ADORABLE!!!!

It was super cute! I was so happy we stumbled on them since the boys idolize Flynn!

What an adorable meet and greet with Repunzel and Finn! I love how Flynn took the extra time and attention with the boys -- so very sweet :) They should have the Princes out more often with the Princesses, it takes the experience to a whole other level.

I agree! I think it's great when they can meet as a pair. It was so fun to see Rapunzel and Flynn not only interacting with the boys but also with each other!

I am VERY jealous that you guys stumbled across Rapunzel and Flynn! That is so cool that you got to meet both of them, and with a very short wait. And those smolders! You're going to have to watch out, it looks like you have a couple future heart breakers.

It was such a random little meet! I think these friends were in a character training time. I loved meeting Flynn and Rapunzel together. It was a fun vibe to see them interacting with each other and the boys! And the boys already have some serious moves down, don't they? :rotfl:

I have to admit I have never been on living with the land but if it can keep your young boys entertained I am sure I would enjoy it!

I wasn't sure about it the first time and went on it for my mom, who was very excited. Now we ride it every trip!

I know i've mentioned this before, but we have to do the same thing...make the drive down to LA which is about a 2 1/2 hour drive for us. I HATE having to spend that extra money on the hotel for the night when I could use it for Disney, but man it's just so much more convenient. And you're right about not having to deal with the parking!

Isn't it such a pain? I so wish we could fly out of our little local airport but it's more than twice as expensive and such inconvenient times. It does save us money (even with a night in a hotel) but I hate having to drive that extra few hours!

I think i've asked you this before but what app is this??

I use the WDW Prep School countdown app. I think it's only for iPhones though?

Isn't it nice not to have to take a carseat on? And my DS did better than I expected too. Actually, i'm not really sure what I expected. Maybe for him to be running all over since he wasn't strapped down, but he did great!

It was really nice not having to lug that carseat through security! And I had the same fears - that Jake would be bouncing all around his seat but he did a great job. He stayed in his seat the entire trip...as long as I kept the snacks coming!

I love getting that text and skipping the check in desk! Best feeling!

So cute! Good find.

There were so many great little touches all throughout the resort!

Hey, I think it is!

Me too, obviously! I took pictures of this and our room number at AKL!

Love this.

Another cute find at Wilderness Lodge! Our room was full of cute forest friends!

That's a nice surprise!

The construction pins were a nice keepsake!

Ick. Not the best view is it? But is that the monorail I spy back there?

Definitely not the picturesque view you would expect! Hmm...we could see the top corner of the Contemporary from our room for sure. Maybe that's what it is?

Yay for the first family picture!

We made sure to get quite a few this trip!

Right?! With a book and some hot chocolate?! :love:

Now that would be living the dream. A book and a hot chocolate by the fire in complete peaceful silence!

Awesome! DS is starting to really like the water, so this would be fun for him. And me too, not having to worry about large, deep pools of water :scared:

That splash area was perfect for all of them. Plenty to keep them entertained but not deep enough for me to really worry or need to follow them around!

Good girl ;)

I just couldn't waste that little bit of solo time!

So many pretty little spots around Wilderness Lodge!

:banana:I wanted to do this cause I love all Disney mugs but DH put his foot down. I have about 2 1/2 shelves filled with Disney mugs so I have to be choosy about what mugs I buy since I only have half a shelf left. So now i'm collecting resort pins and saving the mugs for something I may see in the parks ::yes::

We'll be in Disney Mugs Anonymous or something together then. :thumbsup2 I try to limit myself to only 1 new mug each trip. But I truly believe coffee tastes better out of a Disney mug!

One day as adult at the buffet, he'll learn to say, "Look at all the dessert i'm going to have!" At least that's what I think and say:rotfl:

Yes, I may have tried several of them...the perks of being a grown up! :cool2:

Well that was unexpected! Cool!

It definitely made up for that mud pit view earlier in the day!

They've been speedier over the years I feel! I remember in 2012 (or maybe 2013??) it took about 20-25 minutes for them to come. The past few years it's been literally 5-10 minutes!

That's great that things are speeding up! It was a nice surprise and the whole process was super easy!

I forgot that you had to line up at the Value resorts! The bad thing with the grouping up like you do at Deluxe resorts, is that some folks (not many but some) will walk up last second and cut in front of you. Fortunately a lot of families i've encountered though that come up last second will stand off to the side and wait to board since they know they haven't been waiting.

We found this to be the case most of the time. There was a huge family group of like 20 people who just bombarded the bus after arriving at the last minute. But overall our experience was very nice!

Beautiful day!

It really was a perfect day! We had pretty great weather this trip!

I just love the things that CM's say when characters are taking a break or aren't ready yet. It's so witty!

Aren't they just the best? So much more creative than my excuse of "He's not ready yet." :rolleyes:

Hey, 4 out of 5 faces is a success!

It's something I can work with!

They are SO ADORABLE!

I loved the manatees! Just floating and eating lettuce, totally happy with life!

Wasn't it so strange to see the building pretty empty? It was nice but eerie.

So crazy! That area was just so empty and such a change from the norm with crazy lines and people walking everywhere!

All we'd need now for my DS is a Jelly bush to procreate with the PB tree and he'd be a happy camper! :laughing:

Wouldn't they just be a pair? :rotfl:

Agh so funny!

I love when kids talk to face characters because they are usually not intimidated at all and say the cutest things!

Love the interaction you captured between the two characters.

It was really fun to see Rapunzel and Flynn interacting with each other. I wish the princes were a more permanent fixture. I think it really gives you a better feel for the personality of each character!

The boys were pretty serious about all that smoldering!

Glad the luggage transfer went smoothly, as well as transportation!

I'm glad you all got to meet Baymax!

Jake sounds too cute on the Nemo ride :) What a fun time looking at the tanks! Love the photo of the boys in front of the Nemo statues!

Living with the Land is such a nice ride, glad everyone enjoyed it!

OMG Rapunzel and Flynn! What a nice surprise! Sounds like it was great interaction!

I remember when this happened. It happened to a lot of folks who were planning trips. I think Disney handled it well. Glad everything worked out so nicely for you guys.

It was really great that Disney handled the complaints so well. Little extras like that go a long way to smooth over disappointments!

Sleep with kids will always win out, in my book. Once night of late night fun is not worth grumpy crabby pants the next days!

Agreed! Grumpy kids would have made the next day pretty miserable.

He's just too cool.

Isn't he? :rotfl: They do love their sunglasses!

I've seen footage of that park on youtube!

I did research after we got home and it sounds like the earliest Animal Kingdom? That and River Country were in the same area.

Heehee, he's a wild child!

They had a blast on that playground! Even if it was a pretty standard playset, it entertained them for quite some time!

ours too! We seriously considered it for the trip in May. The cabins look so cozy and tucked away. A nice get-away after a busy day in the parks.

I think it would so much fun! I loved the atmosphere there. The only issue for us would be transportation - it seems like a golf cart or at least a car would be necessary to avoid the internal bus system.

YES! A boy after my own heart!

LOL! I can see the two of them planning their dessert choices, and all before dinner!

Dessert is always on their mind! I hear "how much of this do I need to eat before I get dessert?" quite often...:confused:

Nice! My hubby would likely do the same...

He is a total carnivore! I'm pretty sure he went up and got some strawberry shortcake too, though!

COOL!! I'm so glad this happened for you guys! What a great little treat!

It definitely made up for the muddy view during the day! I can almost see how a theme park view would be worth the money...almost.

Two updates? How did this happen?!

I was on a roll with summer break and all! I really want to finish this before my October trip!

Nice! i'm glad the transition was so smooth.

Disney made the split stay super easy! Very low stress and no issues.

It was definitely different than I was used to. I did appreciate the shade and benches to wait on. But there were a few times that we had been waiting for quite some time for a bus and then had people who had JUST walked up get on the bus before us.

And another reason RD is the very best!

I really like getting to the parks early. Waiting in those bag check lines is a pain!

Gorgeous shot!

I think Epcot may be winning my favorite park award. But then I look at the castle and the battle starts all over again!

I was really surprised! And no one joined us in line for quite a while. Everyone was headed over to meet Joy and Sadness.

4 outta 5 isn't bad; an improvement from past family photos!

Definitely true! We did get a few pictures with everyone looking at the camera this trip though!

Wow, that's a great picture.

I love it too!

Cute! I love how kids think up things like that.

I love their imaginations!

It was super cute. And now Nemo is one of his favorite movies!

I like that name!

Totally appropriate! I have no idea what the actual name is!

Adorable!

I love pictures inside of Bruce's mouth!

You are a lucky mom! So kind of him to take the time and tell you all these new facts! heehee

Isn't he just the best? :rotfl2:

I've heard that. FotLK was not like that, thankfully, but that's really the only show we used FP+ for...?

I think it's worth it for FOTLK and maybe Frozen Sing Along? But other than that, it seems like a total waste!

CUTE! They're so big!!

So big now! I think we're going to try and make this a tradition until they become too cool to sit up there!

Saving this...

I got most of it from the WDW Prep School packing list!

I missed three updates?!?! Where have I been?!?!

How lazy! It's not like you have a job or a child or a life! :rotfl:

Wait, I don't get it. What are the videos?

There are signs pointing the way to the Circle of Life movie theater. They say things like "Only 500 more feet until the fun!" or "Turn here in 100 feet!" and the boys so badly want to see the movie. But it's pretty dry from what I've heard!

Cool! I didn't know either of those plant facts!

I always learn something new on Living with the Land!

LOL! That's too cute!

I think he was honestly disappointed when there weren't actual sandwiches on the tree!

Nice! DD eats them by the pintful as well.

He is the veggie eater in the family. He loves to help with our garden and thankfully that makes his tomato habit much cheaper!

This is a great photo.

I loved watching them with the boys and then with each other. I wish the princes would meet with the princesses more regularly!

ADORABLE! I didn't know characters still met like this, outside of character-palooza. How fun that you guys had such a great little meet. And the "actors" seem really into their parts, which is always magical.

I think these guys were doing some character training? It was such good luck that we walked by at the right time. And they did a great job playing with the boys and interacting with each other!

Hopefully I can keep up a little better from here on out!

No worries! I'll be here! :thumbsup2

How cute about the peanut butter sandwich tree and your Rapunzel meet sounds absolutely wonderful :)

Living with the Land is always full of surprises for all of us! The meet with Rapunzel and Flynn was such a great surprise and the interaction was fun!

I absolutely loved your meet and greet with Rapunzel and Flynn!

It was such great luck that we happened by at that time! And Rapunzel and Flynn did a great job with the boys...and each other! I really liked seeing them together!

Glad the luggage transfer went smoothly, as well as transportation!

The whole split stay process was very easy! I was a little worried but we had no issues with our bags, magic bands, etc.

I'm glad you all got to meet Baymax!

The boys love Big Hero 6 so they were very excited! Now I only wish we had hugged him too!

Jake sounds too cute on the Nemo ride :) What a fun time looking at the tanks! Love the photo of the boys in front of the Nemo statues!

He's really into Nemo now, which is good since we'll be seeing Finding Dory this weekend. I love spending time looking at the tanks and the manatees especially now!

Living with the Land is such a nice ride, glad everyone enjoyed it!

I remember thinking how dry and boring it was going to be before our first trip but now we all look forward to it!

OMG Rapunzel and Flynn! What a nice surprise! Sounds like it was great interaction!

It was such a lucky surprise to see them meeting there! The meet went perfectly and the boys are still talking about their smolders! :rotfl:

Love Living with the Land, too!! It amazes me that my son doesn't get bored either :)

What an awesome little surprise Tangled Meet and Greet! Maybe that was one of those "training" sessions I've heard about?? Either way, just awesome, and I really enjoyed their little smolder session.

Love Living with the Land, too!! It amazes me that my son doesn't get bored either :)

Isn't that crazy? The first time I thought they would be bored but they are pretty hooked the whole time. That's great that your son loves it too!

What an awesome little surprise Tangled Meet and Greet! Maybe that was one of those "training" sessions I've heard about?? Either way, just awesome, and I really enjoyed their little smolder session.

I think that's exactly what it was! No PhotoPass photographer, just a character attendant. It was such a lucky moment for us because we've been wanting to meet Rapunzel and Flynn for such a long time but it never worked out at any of the parties we've been too.

Following along... I'm excited to hear how your stay at AKL goes as we are considering staying there in 2017 for our trip! I'm staying at WL in September but only for a few days as it's a short trip so we will probably rarely even be in our room. I've heard such awesome things about that gorgeous lobby though!

Your boys are so adorable and I love their meet and greet with Rapunzel and Flynn. How fun?! It's so exciting when you stumble upon something special like that!

Yours is I believe the 3rd TR I've read where Flynn and Rapunzel were meeting/training in Epcot :goodvibes I seriously hope we catch them in November, we've never met Flynn and I'd love to! We've actually caught Rapunzel training in Epcot like 5x but usually at the IG. Seems over there by Figment is the newest training place.
Your boys were just adorable with them!

Playing catch up as usual!

Fort wilderness and the cabins are always in my radar but I feel like it would be such a different trip that I'm not ready to do that yet... If that makes sense at all! I think skipping HS and the fireworks probably worked or for the best in the end, but I can not imagine that was an easy decision to make.

I never noticed that about the lines at values v. Deluxe, but now that you point it out it..... I sometimes hate the no lines because someone shows up late and rushes to the front. Hopefully you didn't incounter that at all! I really enjoy turtle talk with crush and the Nemo ride! I also find FP for shows to be rather annoying and not Bey useful. I could see how on a really crowded and hot day it may be worth it to guarantee the air conditioning and down time.

I love living with the land too! Such a relaxing cool fun ride! Great surprise getting rapunzel and Flynn rider!

Great pictures!!

The "I'm the Boss" shirt is precious.

Thanks for following along! We had a great first morning in the parks! :goodvibes

Following along... I'm excited to hear how your stay at AKL goes as we are considering staying there in 2017 for our trip! I'm staying at WL in September but only for a few days as it's a short trip so we will probably rarely even be in our room. I've heard such awesome things about that gorgeous lobby though!

Thanks for joining in! We LOVED AKL and WL. Both were so peaceful and a great escape from the parks. And there was so much to do at AKL with the savannas to watch and activities!

Your boys are so adorable and I love their meet and greet with Rapunzel and Flynn. How fun?! It's so exciting when you stumble upon something special like that!

Thank you! :goodvibes It was so lucky that we found Rapunzel and Flynn right there. We've been wanting to meet them for a few years but always miss it when they meet together at parties!

Yours is I believe the 3rd TR I've read where Flynn and Rapunzel were meeting/training in Epcot :goodvibes I seriously hope we catch them in November, we've never met Flynn and I'd love to! We've actually caught Rapunzel training in Epcot like 5x but usually at the IG. Seems over there by Figment is the newest training place.
Your boys were just adorable with them!

It must be the place to be! I'm thinking they must switch up the training spots, just like they moved Characterpalooza at HS. It was really lucky that we got to see them both! I've been wanting to meet Rapunzel and Flynn together for a few years now but always seem to miss them during the parties that we've been to! They were so much fun interacting with the boys and with each other! :lovestruc

Playing catch up as usual!

I feel like that's the story of my DIS life - I just get all caught up and then something happens and I'm a week behind again!

Fort wilderness and the cabins are always in my radar but I feel like it would be such a different trip that I'm not ready to do that yet... If that makes sense at all! I think skipping HS and the fireworks probably worked or for the best in the end, but I can not imagine that was an easy decision to make.

I completely understand what you're saying about Fort Wilderness! I think it would need to be a more laid back trip for us. More resort time and less park time maybe? And we would need to rent a car or golf cart to get around the resort for sure. I think maybe in a couple of years that will be for us!

I never noticed that about the lines at values v. Deluxe, but now that you point it out it..... I sometimes hate the no lines because someone shows up late and rushes to the front. Hopefully you didn't incounter that at all! I really enjoy turtle talk with crush and the Nemo ride! I also find FP for shows to be rather annoying and not Bey useful. I could see how on a really crowded and hot day it may be worth it to guarantee the air conditioning and down time.

We only had one time where a huge group came up at the last minute and tried to squeeze in front of us. Luckily the boys just barreled onto the bus so we were just like "Oops, there go my kids! Let me go get them!" :rotfl:

I think the Turtle Talk FP+ can be useful on a busy day for sure! But for the most part it just seems like a waste for us. Maybe if they kept the queue separate like at some other shows? But it really is such a funny show! "Crush" does such a great job interacting with everyone!

I love living with the land too! Such a relaxing cool fun ride! Great surprise getting rapunzel and Flynn rider!

It really is such a relaxing ride! A really nice escape from the park when it's hot and crowded! And finding Rapunzel and Flynn was really lucky - we've been wanting to meet them for a long time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter