*Dreamy Spring Double-Dip* March 13, 2012

Decision to cruise made. - check.

Pick out cruise dates - check.

Pick room - check and got !!!

Make arrangements and book - check.

Dining rotation picked - check.

Signed teenager up for Vibe - check.

All there is left to do is wait....... that's the part I'm not looking forward to. Guess I'll be on the boards often to kill time.

Count us in for the FE as well.

Removed my comments about pricing - seems the 6a's are sold out now and I must have caught it when the system was in a wierd place. :) It was showing nearly 5K for a party of 3, but it looks like all the other categories are still pretty much where they were... whew, that was freaking me out.

I would love to participate in the FE - sounds like so much fun!

Anyone else planning a few days at the World beforehand? Any idea when we'll be able to start booking for resort stays?

UmmGooD Your daughter sounds like my son. If it's a girl he'll follow her anywhere...lol.

:cool1:Looks like Texans are taking over the March 13, cruise. This will be our second cruise with Disney. The last one was when our youngest was 6 months old and she will be 6 when we cruise this time. We also have a DS who will be 14 and another DD who will be turning 11 right after the cruise. My husbands whole family is joining us to celebrate his parents 50th wedding anniversary along with our good friends who were on our last cruise with us. I think we are up to 21 people now. So there's more Texans to add to the group! I am hoping to find a little friend for my 6 year old to play with since she is the baby of the family and has no cousins or friends close to her age. We need to get a bunch of Texas magnets for our doors as we take over the ship.:yay:

Can't believe that in almost 1 year we'll be on the ship.

It will be Ontario March Break and I'm sure that we'll be able to fill up a couple of more rooms with Canadian Disney Fans.

I'm looking forward to chatting with my fellow cruisers for the next little while and passing the months away.

Our party is very small, just 2 of us. My DS will be 16 when we travel but we both really enjoy cruising with the Mouse. This will be our 3. It's been a while since our last trip (2006). We're very much looking forward to enjoying some much needed time away.

:cloud9:

I just booked this cruise to lock in the rate. Unless some awesome kids sail free or something comes up, I'll be on this cruise for Spring Break next year. I really want that "double dip". :goodvibes

It will be me, DH, and DS (almost 6 at sailing), and DD (4).

We are going on a 4 night Dream cruise this May...if anyone has anything specific they want me to check out, let me know. :cool1:

:cool1:Looks like Texans are taking over the March 13, cruise. This will be our second cruise with Disney. The last one was when our youngest was 6 months old and she will be 6 when we cruise this time. We also have a DS who will be 14 and another DD who will be turning 11 right after the cruise. My husbands whole family is joining us to celebrate his parents 50th wedding anniversary along with our good friends who were on our last cruise with us. I think we are up to 21 people now. So there's more Texans to add to the group! I am hoping to find a little friend for my 6 year old to play with since she is the baby of the family and has no cousins or friends close to her age. We need to get a bunch of Texas magnets for our doors as we take over the ship.:yay:

Hi! :wave2: My daughter Merissa will be 10 on this cruise also. Just the two of us traveling, so she will definitely be looking for friends to hang out with. Love the idea of Texas magnets!

So, any takers for organizing the FE gift exchange?

Can we set some dollar limits? I'd personally like to keep it inexpensive. From what I can see, some do one gift per cabin, whereas others do one gift per child or per person? My preference would be one gift per child or one gift per cabin.

Who wants to organize??????????????? My thought is it should be someone who's done this before.

If anyone wants to start a list..... When we sail, DD will be 6 and DS will be 4.

I'm so stoked about this; everytime I go shopping, I've got my eyes open for gift ideas. I know its still plenty early, but I'd love if we could set down some guidelines for our FE.

And a newbie to the board. We are soooo looking foward to this! Can't wait! Our son Holden will be 12 when we go.

:banana:

Oh! And totally count us in on the FEs!

And a newbie to the board. We are soooo looking foward to this! Can't wait! Our son Holden will be 12 when we go.

:banana:

Oh! And totally count us in on the FEs!

Welcome newbie! Very strange... My son's name is Holden, and my wife's name is Julia also. :rolleyes1

Rob (Kias) and I are from Ohio, and I saw Kelly from OHio on this board too.

I love the sound of mojitos! Our DS (11) was looking at videos on youtube today of the ship, etc and is super geeked! He saw all the video games and I think he lost consciousness for a minute. LOL :worship:

Planning my FE and told Holden he's in charge of the magnets! We will be driving down from the Toledo area and probably going to Universal for the day before to see the Harry Potter Wizarding World. H has been a big Harry Potter guy since he was little.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone. Would LOVE to do a mixer when we get there, like someone mentioned.

We are big Geocachers and Letterboxers and have started looking for those on the stops as well :mickeyjum:

We have 3 older kids in college, and this will be our first big trip without them and our first cruise ever.

Hi,
We went the same cruise week in March and it was mainly Texans and people from Canada. We are very much looking forward to this cruise. We did the Wonder in 2010.

We will have a son that will just have turned 5 and a 9 month old son who is due this June.

We are looking forward to meeting everyone!

Rob (Kias) and I are from Ohio, and I saw Kelly from OHio on this board too.

I love the sound of mojitos! Our DS (11) was looking at videos on youtube today of the ship, etc and is super geeked! He saw all the video games and I think he lost consciousness for a minute. LOL :worship:

Planning my FE and told Holden he's in charge of the magnets! We will be driving down from the Toledo area and probably going to Universal for the day before to see the Harry Potter Wizarding World. H has been a big Harry Potter guy since he was little.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone. Would LOVE to do a mixer when we get there, like someone mentioned.

We are big Geocachers and Letterboxers and have started looking for those on the stops as well :mickeyjum:

We have 3 older kids in college, and this will be our first big trip without them and our first cruise ever.

Hello there,

Just wanted to let you know that your post made me smile. My DS and I are also on the cruise and he's such a big Harry Potter Fan as well. We actually stood outside the house where they filmed the street that he lived on, "under the stairs" shots. We did a Harry Potter's London tour last summer. Have the pictures of the trolly going through platform 9 3/4.

We're working Universal into our plans before the cruise.

Looking forward to chatting.

Maybe we'll have to meet up for lunch or something on Monday at Honeydukes or something. :)

I think I"m looking foward to Universal as much as he is!

Julia

SPITFIRERN-Going to Universal does sound awesome. My DH, DS, and I all love Harry Potter and i've been wanting to go there. Especially since the cruise doesn't leave til Tuesday then we are so there. I wanna try the butter beer.

Me too! I hope it all lives up to the picture in my head from reading all the books numerous times!

Removed my comments about pricing - seems the 6a's are sold out now and I must have caught it when the system was in a wierd place. :) It was showing nearly 5K for a party of 3, but it looks like all the other categories are still pretty much where they were... whew, that was freaking me out.

I would love to participate in the FE - sounds like so much fun!

Anyone else planning a few days at the World beforehand? Any idea when we'll be able to start booking for resort stays?

I might consider a stay in one of the resort hotels right before the cruise. Maybe some time at DTD but I don't know if we'll hit the parks. I might only allow one day. We have also been considering a beach day before the cruise but the more I think about it we'll have 3 days in port for beach days.

I am glad I booked when I did. I got a great room and the price wasn't too bad for spring break.

UmmGooD Your daughter sounds like my son. If it's a girl he'll follow her anywhere...lol.

Last time I checked she was a girl haha :)

She'll be happy to have an entourage.

I might put my longhorn magnet on the door ;)

With this many Texans it might be possible to arrange a clay pigeon shooting festival off of the upper deck. j/k...

Well we're almost at the year mark. Hopefully time will start to move a little faster for everyone.

The snow is starting to disappear here in Ottawa and that puts us in the mood for trip planning.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone to count down the days!!

M

Looks like we picked the popular cruise! Inside staterooms, and Oceanview staterooms appear to be sold out! Prices are skyrocketing too! One year and three days to go!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter