Dress code question

Countrywife45

Mouseketeer
My sister in law and I are planning a no kid no husband trip. I know that Disney has a level of appropriate clothing but does anyone know if they allow a drinking around the world t shirt or would that be considered inappropriate? I have no problem if it is but I want to make us a couple of tshirts without being out of bounds, if that makes sense.

Thanks!

Disney mostly tries to limit shirts with rude/vulgar/obscene references. Others have mentioned seeing someone asked to turn the offensive shirt inside out to hide the objectionable part.

My sister in law and I are planning a no kid no husband trip. I know that Disney has a level of appropriate clothing but does anyone know if they allow a drinking around the world t shirt or would that be considered inappropriate? I have no problem if it is but I want to make us a couple of tshirts without being out of bounds, if that makes sense.

Thanks!
There is a whole Etsy marketplace for DATW shirts just keep it classy

Thanks for the replies! I did reference the dress code before asking but it seemed kind of a grey area. I think we are going to make the shirts.

Thanks for the replies! I did reference the dress code before asking but it seemed kind of a grey area. I think we are going to make the shirts.

You're fine as long as there is no vulgarity on them. There are many with like checklists of drinks to get, etc. It shouldn't be a problem at all.

Tell us what you are planning to put on the shirts, and we'll tell you if they're OK or not (I'm guessing they'll be OK) :)

Thanks!
I've seen plenty of those types of shirts in EPCOT (some of them are very creative!). I think as long as there's nothing super vulgar about it, you should be fine.

I'll also point out that in addition to vulgarity, Disney is policing how much skin you show. When I lived in Orlando, my gf at the time was very large chested and one cast member at DHS found her décolletage a bit too much and gave her a tee shirt. This was about 10 years ago.

I'll also point out that in addition to vulgarity, Disney is policing how much skin you show. When I lived in Orlando, my gf at the time was very large chested and one cast member at DHS found her décolletage a bit too much and gave her a tee shirt. This was about 10 years ago.
Yeah they don't police that anymore. I've seen less skin showing in a pool than I've seen in the parks the first week of July. lol

Yeah they don't police that anymore. I've seen less skin showing in a pool than I've seen in the parks the first week of July. lol
This is so true, I saw a girl at Epcot last April wearing what literally looked like toilet paper as a bra top and shorts. I presume it was a shein/fast fashion "linen" inspired look. Under boob everywhere, cheeks abound and it was a shade of see through white. Pretty sure if it rained, her outfit would have disintegrated. It moved with the wind and I'm not even sure how it stayed in place. It was less than a bathing suit but just a bit more than birthday suit. Even my teenage daughters made comments and they are not in mom mode at all.

Epcot ain't the beach. Dress for the room people!! I would just presume CMs can't/won't say much anymore between fears of crazy and insane guests who will physically attack and/or verbally abuse you, it's just not worth it for them.

This is so true, I saw a girl at Epcot last April wearing what literally looked like toilet paper as a bra top and shorts. I presume it was a shein/fast fashion "linen" inspired look. Under boob everywhere, cheeks abound and it was a shade of see through white. Pretty sure if it rained, her outfit would have disintegrated. It moved with the wind and I'm not even sure how it stayed in place. It was less than a bathing suit but just a bit more than birthday suit. Even my teenage daughters made comments and they are not in mom mode at all.

Epcot ain't the beach. Dress for the room people!! I would just presume CMs can't/won't say much anymore between fears of crazy and insane guests who will physically attack and/or verbally abuse you, it's just not worth it for them.
I'm a professor and have thus seen students come to class in every possible getup including many that leave nothing to the imagination. I'm certainly not a prude at all but there's a time and place. Something as revealing as you describe just isn't appropriate. This is WDW, not a Vegas pool party.

That said, when the CM asked my gf to put on a tee shirt, he looked so incredibly embarrassed he could barely look either of us in the eye (her cleavage was honestly not that bad).

Couldn't agree more with this! People have no self dignity or care anymore. We were sitting at the Contemporary bus stop and saw a large woman walk by in a tank top with large arm holes. She had no bra on and lots of side boob showing! My husband and son's jaws dropped! I just shook my head. I am sure she enjoyed her park day! :rolleyes1

No longer. I see women in what is nothing more than bikini tops all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter