dress code question

twilight

Earning My Ears
Are capris and a nice top acceptable for women and girls in the restaurants for dinner? Thanks

Yes. On a recent 4 day Wonder cruise, this is exactly what I wore. Even to Tritons. I dressed up my capri's/nice top with a linen jacket-y thing. :)

HTH!

btw, I never felt underdressed as we were seated next to the family who only brought tee-shirts and cut off jean shorts to the cruise. Oh, sorry, my bad. Their overweight teenage daughter also brought some skimpy halter tops....which she wore to the dining room!! :rolleyes:

Are the women only wearing gowns for formal night? I have a black velvet plain dress but it is short not a gown. Would this be acceptable for formal night?

I packed casual skirts for dinner and felt overdressed most nights. Capris are what I wish I had to wear. Most women wore these to dinner and looked fine. A short dress is also what the majority wore for formal night.

Tezb, MOST women wear short cocktail-type dresses on formal nights. :) You will see some long gowns too but the majority of women in the Magic cruises I've been on wore short dresses on formal nights.

thanks guys...saved me the trouble of having to buy something more fancy....only buy real nice dresses as I need them...

Buck.....shame on you!! are you into leather too!!

On our Magic cruise gowns were the norm. I would say that about 3/4 of the ladies had on gowns during the second seating--although it seemed like it was only about half coming out of first seating wearing gowns.

First seating about 30% of the men were in tuxes, second seating it was up around half.

Anne

Originally posted by tezb
Buck.....shame on you!! are you into leather too!!

nono.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter