Dress Up

Cfabar1

DIS Veteran
We are doing a wish Halloween on the High Seas cruise. 3 night.

What costume dress up nights/events are there in terms of costumes? Do people usually dress up or just some die hards?

Maybe kids. DD (adult) and I did 5 night cruise with Halloween theme last year. The big tree was up, maybe a pumpkin decorating thing, but I don't remember adults doing anything.

This is a great opportunity to dress up if it’s your thing - without the stares.

You will also see some pirates onboard.

I have done 2 Halloween cruises and I would say the majority of people dressed up. Maybe that's just what I saw because we dressed up and were in the areas where people dressed up would be. Halloween on the ship is just one day that people dress up for that though, not all throughout the cruise.

We are doing a wish Halloween on the High Seas cruise. 3 night.

What costume dress up nights/events are there in terms of costumes? Do people usually dress up or just some die hards?
We've seen plenty of adults dress up. Some is really elaborate costumes, some double up their pirate costume, some just wear shirts or do a cosplay style dress up. Some Disney, some non Disney. It's plenty of fun. As an adult dressing up, you'll get some extra attention from the characters if you meet them as well.

Lots of adults dress up too. If you’re into that and want to dress up then go for it! You definitely won’t look out of place

We always bring pirate costumes and Halloween costumes. We enjoy it.
There will be alot of families dressed up, adults included.
If its not your thing, you def won't be the only ones not dressed up.
As a PP mentioned some people go ALL out with their costumes, some family themed costumes (one year we are all Star Wars characters and the other family traveling with us was Wizard of Oz), some extremely elaborate hand made gowns etc) and others have simple costumes.
Do what you feel comfortable doing and you will be fine.

My husband and I are going on cruise for our 10 year anniversary (no kids coming with us) and we are dressing up for both halloween AND pirate night lol. Its all up to you! Just have fun!!

We are on our first cruise on the Wish and it is a HOTHS cruise. Just given space in the carry on and we are dinning at Palo, two adults on a quick get a way, we will skip it. But, I can't wait to see everyone's costumes. I am wearing a fancy dress that night, I could bring a tiara... Hmmm... LOL It should be fun!

We have Halloween T-shirts that DW found at one of the online Disney shopping sites. We’ll wear those. Easy to pack, indicates we’re playing the game, but we’re not really costume people.

We do something similar for Pirate night if we don’t happen to be dining in Palo that night. If we go to Palo, the Pirate bandanna will likely be used as a pocket square for the blue travel blazer that I pack these days.

I did 2 three night halloween cruises on the Dream in the past for us Halloween activities & pirate night was the same day

The first trip I wore my pirate outfit the second I wore a costume… also on the second trip after the pirate fireworks they had an 18+ halloween party in one of the lounges

I did 2 three night halloween cruises on the Dream in the past for us Halloween activities & pirate night was the same day

The first trip I wore my pirate outfit the second I wore a costume… also on the second trip after the pirate fireworks they had an 18+ halloween party in one of the lounges
Yeah our 3 night on the Magic this fall both halloween and pirate are going to be on the same night. I'm just gonna be a pirate all day since it's our Castway Day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter