Dresses Same Style as Cherry Tree Lane Dresses?

MapleGirl

Perpetual Planner
Hello,
I have this Tiki Room dress and the style is just perfect on me. Does anyone know where I can get some cheaper/non-disney style dresses just like this? I have some great vintage 50's dresses but I'm really looking for some more that have the rouched bodice and high wide waist of this dress. Thanks!

dress-shop-cherry-tree-lane-disney-springs-9.jpg

PS. I do plan on getting another Disney Dress Shoppe dress in this style but I'm hoping my Budget Board peeps can help me find some similar dresses online too!

Hello,
I have this Tiki Room dress and the style is just perfect on me. Does anyone know where I can get some cheaper/non-disney style dresses just like this? I have some great vintage 50's dresses but I'm really looking for some more that have the rouched bodice and high wide waist of this dress. Thanks!

dress-shop-cherry-tree-lane-disney-springs-9.jpg

PS. I do plan on getting another Disney Dress Shoppe dress in this style but I'm hoping my Budget Board peeps can help me find some similar dresses online too!
Cute! Cute! Cute!

Do you sew? This pattern looks very similar (view A).
https://www.amazon.com/Simplicity-P..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=N7J75QKKYN73414KMCZ1

I sew and I have to say that you don't save all that much by doing it yourself. Nice fabric is expensive, and by the time you buy all the notions, pattern, etc. it adds up. I didn't think the prices were bad on these - the ruching and the waistband on this dress is very time intensive.
Meh. If you want a specific style and a custom fit, you can't beat sewing your own even if it costs a bit more. Most of those Amazon dresses have cheaply finished seams and crooked hems. If you just want them as a costume, that's one thing but as a quality garment that you expect to be able to wash without it falling apart I think you'll want something better. The one that you linked to must be hand washed and "not soaked for too long".

The waistband and the ruching are what the OP specifically liked about the dress she included in her post. Hence the suggested pattern, even though it would require a bit of time to construct properly. In all honesty, the rounded neckline would give me more trouble than the ruching or the waistband. And while good fabric, notions and the pattern itself (which could be used for multiple dresses) would all cost more than the dress you posted, it would still cost less than what the OP's dress would go for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter