Dressing "too provocatively" at Golden Corral

I agree that the outfit looked like something some wouldn't complain about a thinner woman wearing. I wouldn't consider it necessarily appropriate, but certainly not shocking. Not so far from what I wore as a teen.

I haven't read all the posts, but I know it had already been pointed out on the first page that that photo may not have accurately portrayed what the outfit was actually showing at the time. Locally, we had a prom outfit gone wrong a few years back that got highly publicized. The family of the girl whose outfit was questioned posted pictures of her dress all over the media complaining about how she was mistreated. What they didn't say was that at the prom, she was using the "bra" portion of her dress as a purse and had her cell phone etc. in her dress causing the dress to dip WAAY below what the later pictures reflected. (nip slip was involved - and not just a slip of it.) I knew lots of people that had been there and they offered to hold her things, offered her a shawl, safety pins, etc. etc. to help her meet dress code. Instead, she stormed out, hitched her dress up and went home and cried to mom who took pictures, and claimed she had been kicked out and her night ruined. Some people just look for trouble and publicity.

Even if the outfit she had on was showing some cheek or more breast or more stomach telling her to change or get out is over the top. She wasn't wearing anything that couldn't have been "adjusted" to fit since in her photo the outfit does appear to fit correctly.

Gosh people, I think we are missing the point here. We are focusing too much on what is appropriate attire to eat at GC and discrimination laws. The real crime here is going voluntarily to the GC. 🤮 I agree that her outfit was not over the top outrageous. I will agree that I have seen much worse in public.

I did contract work for GC in the Atlanta area about 16 years ago. Most of the restaurants were brand new (less than 3-4 years old) so they were indeed clean. However, food preparation and storage would make Gordon Ramsey's head spin.

Isn't Erie, Pennsylvania Amish country? While the Amish wouldn't be in Golden Corral, I have to wonder if that region is just more conservative in dress, in general, so as not to offend the Amish?
No, i live near Erie. There are some Amish in nw pa, but not in erie. I've been to that golden corral and have not seen Amish in there. You see all kinds of people and dress in there. Pa Amish country is near Lancaster, PA.

Isn't Erie, Pennsylvania Amish country? While the Amish wouldn't be in Golden Corral, I have to wonder if that region is just more conservative in dress, in general, so as not to offend the Amish?
Sure they would be! No comment on the outfit or the article, but I live and work in the middle of Amish Country Ohio and they most certainly eat at Golden Corral (why anyone would want to is beyond me, especially to drive an hour there...) and any and every other restaurant around. The Amish aren't as backward and isolated as people think they are. Anyway, carry on!

She didnt drive an hour just for GC, she spent the day at a few places there celebrating her ds's birthday. Maybe he picked that place to eat. It's a buffet, and quite frankly the food is on par with some of the stuff served in WDW restaurants, even their buffets. But you pay a premium and see some characters so you think it's better :rolleyes1

What a horrible thing to say. I'm fat and my husband tells me I look sexy and beautiful. Should I just always assume he is lying?

I never said anything about your husband. But because you asked, i would say that if, if mind you, like the woman in question, you were wearing a Daisy Duke get up two sizes too small for you I think it likely he would be lying if he said that. If you're wearing something sensible and appropriate, I would say he's probably not lying if he says that. There are plenty of outfits that look fine on large women. Daisy Dukes two sizes too small aren't one of those outfits.

I never said anything about your husband. But because you asked, i would say that if, if mind you, like the woman in question, you were wearing a Daisy Duke get up two sizes too small for you I think it likely he would be lying if he said that. If you're wearing something sensible and appropriate, I would say he's probably not lying if he says that. There are plenty of outfits that look fine on large women. Daisy Dukes two sizes too small aren't one of those outfits.

It's also entirely possible this woman's husband did like the way she looked. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that.

It's also entirely possible this woman's husband did like the way she looked. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that.
Very possible - and I'd even say probable given what we've seen on her FB page. I doubt he'd have such a big grin on his face in the profile picture if he didn't like the top his wife was (almost) wearing in it.

Anti-fat bias is just another form of discrimination.
The only bias actually proven is an anti two sizes too small Daisy Dukes bias. And I am quite ok with discriminating on the basis of 2 sizes too small Daisy Dukes.

Hello! Erieite here. Several eye witness accounts stated that there were several "wardrobe malfunctions" resulting in full breasts being shown. GC isn't very classy so I knew there had to be more to the story.
Well you know when someone takes a can you believe I was dress coded for wearing this picture, they put it in the best possible position it can be in for the picture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter