Drink of the day and beer mug

CindyH927

Earning My Ears
can someone explain to me how the drink of the day and the beer mug works? I assume you buy the drink with the cup initially and then the refills are discounted for the rest of the cruise? Do you have to carry your cup abs beer mug around all day for refills?

Drink of the day is discounted. You do not have to carry around the mug, instead you can carry a token to turn in in exchange for a mug.

Once you purchase the beer mug, you use it to get a 22 oz pour for the price of 16 oz, I believe. We are planning to do this for our upcoming cruise.

I you're talking about the drink of the day hurricane glass, you can keep the glass after you purchase the drink, and then with future drink purchases, you can give them the glass when you order, and they will put your drink in the hurricane glass (which is larger than a regular drink glass), but only charge you for the regular drink. It does not have to be the drink of the day -- it can be any drink. We use it for the frozen drinks. Essentially, no discount on future drinks, but if you carry the glass around, you can get more drink for the money. It sounds a little crazy, but we do it -- in large part because it feels more vacation-y to me to drink my drinks out of the cute hurricane glasses :):sunny:

I you're talking about the drink of the day hurricane glass, you can keep the glass after you purchase the drink, and then with future drink purchases, you can give them the glass when you order, and they will put your drink in the hurricane glass (which is larger than a regular drink glass), but only charge you for the regular drink. It does not have to be the drink of the day -- it can be any drink. We use it for the frozen drinks. Essentially, no discount on future drinks, but if you carry the glass around, you can get more drink for the money. It sounds a little crazy, but we do it -- in large part because it feels more vacation-y to me to drink my drinks out of the cute hurricane glasses :):sunny:
What's the size of the regular drink of the day glasses? The Hurricanes seem to only hold 16 oz if i remember the last time I measured it.

Once you purchase the beer mug, you use it to get a 22 oz pour for the price of 16 oz, I believe. We are planning to do this for our upcoming cruise.

21 oz. if filled all the way to the top with no head. Confirmed with my mug and a graduated measuring device.

What's the size of the regular drink of the day glasses? The Hurricanes seem to only hold 16 oz if i remember the last time I measured it.

Hurricane glasses are 18.5 oz filled to the rim with liquid.

I plan on doing the same with the DotD glass and the hurricane glass when I'm on my next trip just to settle/confirm any arguments. :D

I confirmed that the DotD standard cup is a Cambro Laguna LT16 tumbler. I placed an order for one before we even got off of the Fantasy last week and just measured it. Filled to brim, the Cambro is 18 oz and a very small bit. Poured from the tumbler directly to the hurricane glass there was no difference. They are the same size.

You can buy the Cambro LT16 here: Clickity click

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter