Drink of the Day souvenir cup price?

JerryOnDrums

Earning My Ears
It’s kind of amazing, but I’ve been google searching for the past 30 minutes trying to find the price of the souvenir drink of the day cup that you can buy on sail away day. Every blog site just says something along the lines of “make sure you buy your refillable souvenir cup to save extra!” And then they proceed to NOT state the price, lol. Anyone know off-hand what they cost?

I bought mine on the Norwegian Fjord cruise in 2022 on The Magic. It cost me $18 with the drink of the day and included the 18% automatic gratuity.

I didnt buy it on embarkation day, I bought it on the first port day at Frozone Treats on Deck 9.

It’s kind of amazing, but I’ve been google searching for the past 30 minutes trying to find the price of the souvenir drink of the day cup that you can buy on sail away day. Every blog site just says something along the lines of “make sure you buy your refillable souvenir cup to save extra!” And then they proceed to NOT state the price, lol. Anyone know off-hand what they cost?
And you aren't really saving anything - you'll just get an extra amount when they refill the glass later in the week. Make sure you wash it, just in case they don't or can't swap to a new glass... (Don't ask how I know).

And you aren't really saving anything - you'll just get an extra amount when they refill the glass later in the week. Make sure you wash it, just in case they don't or can't swap to a new glass... (Don't ask how I know).
Is it similar to the beer mug where you can swap it out any time you want for a token? And where they have a plastic version available on the pool decks but a glass version available in the indoor bars?

Thanks for asking this question as I've been curious, too!

Is it similar to the beer mug where you can swap it out any time you want for a token? And where they have a plastic version available on the pool decks but a glass version available in the indoor bars?
No, it is not like the bear mug.
They do not swap out the drink of the day glass for a token.
No, it is just the one design, a plastic glass.

This is what they look like.

Drink of The Day Embarkation Day.png

Do you recall the cost?

I bought the glass at Frozone on deck 9 on The Magic on the 2022 Norwegian Fjords cruise. It cost $18 which included the drink and the 18% automatic gratuity.

This drink was on embarkation day on the 2023 4 night Spain cruise on The Dream and cost $8.56 including the automatic gratuity.

You really have to wash the glass yourself each time you want a refill?

I would wash it out each night when I went back to my room. I usually only had one drink of the day each day. Sometimes they washed it out, some times they didnt when I got a drink.

For what it's worth, on a couple Dream cruises last year, the souvenir cup (pictured a few posts above) was actually a little *less* volume than just the standard cups they were using for the drinks of the day, so we basically stopped using our souvenir cups those trips and even bringing them on subsequent trips when we were trying to pack light. With that said, we didn't even check on our those most recent trips so I'm not sure if this remains the case or is the case on all ships.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter