Drink Stations/Soft Serve Ice Cream Question

Disney Magic in January 2024 was self serve but CM nearby and continuously cleaning, at least every time we went up. Agree with earlier post that CM serving is more sanitary.

I will admit that I liked the cast members serving the ice cream. Much more sanitary without all the kids (and some adults) putting their hands all over the machines.
Or letting it continue to flow and pile up
on the drain tray..

I’ve been on 3 cruises post pandemic (Wish, Dream, and Fantasy) including last month and none of them had self serve ice cream.
I was on the Dream earlier this month and they absolutely had self serve soft ice cream on Deck 11. I don't like it so I usually grab a cone and head into cabanas for the yummy hard packed ice cream there.

MJ

Wish was self serve drinks but CM ice cream when we went in June 2023. I agree it's more sanitary with the CM but I just can't help but feel judgment when I'm getting my fifth cone of the afternoon.

Thank you for making me laugh out loud! On our recent Wish cruise, I didn't discover the MAGIC that is the mango soft-serve cones until day 3, and after devouring my first cone I made DH go back and get me a second because I didn't want to be cone-shamed by the CM! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I will admit that I liked the cast members serving the ice cream. Much more sanitary without all the kids (and some adults) putting their hands all over the machines.
I feel the same way (and have felt that way since my first DCL cruise over 15 years ago, so it's not a new thing for me). Maybe they should have one station that's self serve and one that has a CM for those of us who think about the germs. 😅

To add in one more data point, the Dream was self serve this summer in the Med.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter