Drinks allowed to be carried on question

TinkerbellTris

DIS Veteran
Our last Disney cruise was in 2009 and so I’m a bit rusty and I am sure rules have changed. We will be sailing in the spring on Disney Wonder and I have a few questions about what drinks can and cannot be brought onboard. Here goes:
Can we bring bottled water on board? If so how many bottles and can we carry them on with us?
Can we bring beer? If so how many bottles? Can we carry them on with us?
Can we bring a bottle of captain morgan? If so can we carry it on with us?
If we cannot bring these items can we repurchase them to have on our room? I’m asking because I do not see anything but beer and water in the onboard gift section .
Thank you so much!

beer - a six pack per drinking age adult, or two bottles of wine per adult. you can also buy them and bring on in each port. Must be carried on with you
water - kind of as much as you can carry, though must be carried on with you
No hard alcohol.
water can be bought in bulk on board though at a steep price.
no hard alcohol can be purchased for the room. Only individual drinks at the bars. Disney does not have a "drink package" like other cruise lines either.

Our last Disney cruise was in 2009 and so I’m a bit rusty and I am sure rules have changed. We will be sailing in the spring on Disney Wonder and I have a few questions about what drinks can and cannot be brought onboard. Here goes:
Can we bring bottled water on board? If so how many bottles and can we carry them on with us?
Can we bring beer? If so how many bottles? Can we carry them on with us?
Can we bring a bottle of captain morgan? If so can we carry it on with us?
If we cannot bring these items can we repurchase them to have on our room? I’m asking because I do not see anything but beer and water in the onboard gift section .
Thank you so much!
2009 was the "salad days"! I remember you could bring on your own alcohol. It was great! We would always bring on a bottle of rum. When DCL changed that in September 2015 it was a sad day...

It was also interesting to get all of the miniatures in the FE's!

As mentioned above, each adult guest (21 in most ports, 18 for cruises leaving from Australia/New Zealand) can bring up to 6 beers of up to 12 ounces each or up to 2 bottles of wine or champaigne of up to 750 ml each onto the ship at embarkation and at each port of call. You can bring onboard an unlimited amount of non-alcoholic beverages. However, all beverages must be carried onto the ship (and hauled around until staterooms open). They may not be placed in checked luggage.

You can purchase other kinds of alcohol in ports, but you can't bring it back to your room. You will need to surrender it when you board the ship and pick it up on debarkation day.

I have seen wine as well as beer in the onboard gifts section of the DCL website, but that varies by cruise itinerary. I don't see wine available on cruises leaving from Australia and New Zealand.

I will add that the water on board at the soda stations tastes great and I consider myself very picky about my water. That may save you one thing to bring on board.

You can bring on 2 bottles of wine per adult at the ports as well. If we have drank our wine we sometimes hop off and grab another bottle or two at port. I like to sit on my balcony and drink a glass before dinner while we are all getting ready.

The wine packages on board are really reasonable for dinner.

I will add that the water on board at the soda stations tastes great and I consider myself very picky about my water. That may save you one thing to bring on board.

You can bring on 2 bottles of wine per adult at the ports as well. If we have drank our wine we sometimes hop off and grab another bottle or two at port. I like to sit on my balcony and drink a glass before dinner while we are all getting ready.

The wine packages on board are really reasonable for dinner.
Thank you, meliscan, for the information about the water on board. Last time we sailed we purchased a water package but it was pricey and we somehow ended up not using it all. We are sailing again next weekend, and I'm just packing a refillable water bottle.

Thank you, meliscan, for the information about the water on board. Last time we sailed we purchased a water package but it was pricey and we somehow ended up not using it all. We are sailing again next weekend, and I'm just packing a refillable water bottle.
Look for water refill stations on Deck 4 outside walking promenade. Maybe not all ships?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter