Drinks in those plastic oranges????

mcever4

DIS Veteran
I hope I am posting in the correct place. Yes, my question is strange! DS and I leave tomorrow for our Mother/Son trip. When we asked DH what he would like us to bring him back he said he wanted one of those orange shaped cups with the straw. He remembers that from his first and ONLY trip to the Magic Kingdom 30 years ago!!!! Do they still have those in the parks anywhere? I kind of remember them, but they weren't something I was dying to get at Disney! Please let me know if they still have these and where I can find them in the parks!

Robin

WOW is that a flashback!! I used to always get one of those when I was a kid! Can't say that I've seen them at the MK in YEARRRRRRRS.

I LOVE those!!! Don't remember seeing them at WDW tho. Mine is probably closer to 40 years old, and I think from our trip to Cypress Gardens. My guess would be out in town at one of the "Oranges" tourist traps!

Wow, I haven't thought about this in years! I used to LOVE getting those, but the last time I can remember them was probably in the 70s, early 80s.

I believe those were in Adventureland and it was a kiosk sponsored by the state of Florida. Those drinks were good but they've been gone for a LONG time!

Oh my!! My mom and I were talking about these the other day!! She still has my litttle oranges! They were by the Tiki Birds, right?

That's so weird. I was at Disneyland last week getting a Dole Whip when all of the sudden the memory of those plastic oranges just flashed in my head. Before that, I hadn't thought about them since I got them as a child.

Wasn't this the mascot?

orangebird.gif

Thanks for jogging my memory. I can't remember the last time I thought of those little oranges.

You can see one here.

I used to have a bank that was the shape of the mascot pictured above, and my Mom recently thru out my orange shaped cup from my first trip to Disney.. I'd love to get DD one. Man.. now you have me thinking that I should have saved my cup. :sad1:

From the sounds of it, I will not be able to get DS the orange cup! :( Since we will be flying and not have a car I won't be able to make it to any other Florida "orange" tourist trap to get one! Maybe I could search ebay and buy one (not tell HIM of course!)! If anyone DOES remember if you can get one ANYWHERE please let me know!

Robin

You should buy the ones from eBay and have your whole family walk around the park drinking from them. You'll have everyone wondering where the concession stand is. :rotfl:

I remember having one as a kid. My gram must have brought it back for me when she went with my grandpa. (I never went as a child)

Oh my gosh! I remember that from our first trip in '76 as a kid. I was thinking for th 40th anniversary next year, what a great idea it would be to bring back some of those shows, items etc that were available then and no longer exist. Not sure how cost effective Disney would see it as, but I think it would be fun!

I think but not 100% sure that the oranges had orange juice in them?
All I remember is I loved my orange sipper!

Hmmmm....Thinking about a new marketing campaign too......not just focusing on kids and celebrations and such, but what about nostalgia.....remember your first trip? Come see some old favorites again and make new memories...:wizard:

I remember getting the oranges at WDW and some kind of animal at Busch Gardens!!! We had them for the longest time not sure if we still have them if we do they are put away for safe keeping!!
that was back in 73+76

That's so weird. I was at Disneyland last week getting a Dole Whip when all of the sudden the memory of those plastic oranges just flashed in my head. Before that, I hadn't thought about them since I got them as a child.

Wasn't this the mascot?

orangebird.gif

Ok, so why did this picture just totally make me cry? It so brought me back to my childhood to my first Disneyworld trip (MK only) in 1974 my mom took me right after my dad passed away. I remember getting the oranges at MK and Cypress Gardens. Everything else has gone retro once in a while, this should too! :goodvibes

Didn't most amusement parks offer these at one time? I remember the orange ones and also the purple ones shaped like a bunch of grapes. Wracking my brains trying to remember if there were any other fruit shapes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter