Driver killed in monorail crash....

twalton

Mouseketeer
Happened early this morning. Apparently a monorail crashed into a parked one. The pictures that were on the news (not on the website yet) showed one cabin completely embedded into the other. Those on the scene couldn't even get to the driver, it was such a mangled mess...

Wow how awful, thats not something you would even imagine happening, hope all the passengers are okay. My prayers will be with the family of the driver who was killed.

Wow how awful, thats not something you would even imagine happening, hope all the passengers are okay. My prayers will be with the family of the driver who was killed.

Absolutely.
What a terrible thing to happen.

Wow...This is one of those things that I always wondered about in the back of my mind if it was possible to happen. We have encountered some really nice monorail drivers (Yeah Dill!). Prayers out to all involved!:sad1:

Wow. That's scary. Thank God it happened in the middle of the night when there were only a few people on the monorail, and not when it was full. I wonder how it happened. :(

I wonder if the driver wasn't already incapacitated already (heart attack or something). Just seems like it would be too difficult to slam into another train full-speed unless something really unusual happened...

Why was it running at 2AM in the morning? The park closes at what, 11PM? Was it employees on the train compared to park guests?

Why was it running at 2AM in the morning? The park closes at what, 11PM? Was it employees on the train compared to park guests?

MK was open until 1am...4th of July, remember? And if I'm not mistaken, Disney transportation runs an hour after parks close. Makes you wonder if fatigue had anything to do with it.

It's still a horrible tragedy, no matter what.

according to reports, it was actually on the Epcot track

Having been in a monorail cab when the automated driver controls stopped the train when the driver was diverted, I'm surprised this could happen. Either there was a malfunction; or the safety controls were disengaged--and I would not think there's a way to do that .....

Much yet unknown about this terrible tragedy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter