driving from Chicago area

These times and distances are from DeLorme Street Atlas 2003 and are computed, I assume, using legal speed limits. So times may be different depending on how fast you drive. Enforcement can be spotty, but when we drove last march Ga state police were all over the place stopping cars. Don't know at what speed. I think I also saw some locals on the interstate. Also I think Calhoun county GA , somewhere between Chattanooga and Atlanta was running a notorious speed trap on I-75.

Starting point is I-355 and I-55 via I-57 to Chattanooga Jct I-24 and I-75 is 662 miles and 12:00 hours

Jct I-25 and I-75 to Stockbridge Ga is 129.9 miles and 2:28 hours.

Stockbridge to Disney World via I-75, Sunshine Turnpike, us 27 and 192 to I-4(Disney) is 422 miles and 7:43 hours

We prefer Hampton Inn. They are not the cheapest but are high quality. They have a web site and you can locate their sites. They are owned by Hilton and if you are a Hilton Honors member can get points AND airline mileage.

Hope this helps.

We too drive as much as we can, to me its soooo relaxing.. We leave after we get off of work, usually around 5, and drive straight thru that night... Hit Atlanta around 5 AM before traffic gets bad and at WDW around noon...Of course its just the two of us so we can make nice time...

Wow manning...thanks so much:D ! That is great!! I'm going to print this. Thanks for the heads up about GA, too. I'll check out the Hampton Inns site today.

Jon99...driving is relaxing to me, too.

Thanks all for your help. You're the best!

correction. that I-25 in my previous post should be I-24. sorry about that.

Got it, manning. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter