Driving from San Jose to Anaheim questions...

TinkBoo&ElliesMum

<font color="ba7cbc">Tagless and that's ok!<br><fo
We're flying in to San Jose and then driving down (it's a surprise trip for the kids so we're really messing with their heads!) what's the easiest way to get down there? We're also hoping to stop at a Costco in the San Jose area, does anyone know where there is one close to the airport or just off of the freeway on the way down.

Thanks!

I believe the quickest way is to take the 5 all the way down. I think you can get the 580 east from the San Jose area, and then from there take the 5 south -- that will take you all the way to Disneyland. :)

The quickest way to DL from the San Jose airport is to head south on 101 and cut over onto I5 using 152. Take I5 all the way into Anaheim. It's pretty boring, but it's fast. Alternatively, you can take 101 all the way down to LA. It's a pretty nice drive, and well worth it if you haven't seen much of California. It will take 1-2 hours longer than taking I5, but is much prettier. A third choice is to take Highway 1 part of the way. Highway 1 adds a lot of time, and is not recommended during the rainy season.

There are a couple of Costco's in San Jose. One is located at 2201 Senter Rd. This is pretty close to 101. Take the Tully Rd exit west (right off the freeway) to Senter Rd. Turn right onto Senter Rd. I'm not real familiar with this area, but I'd guess that Tully Rd is around 5 miles south of the airport, and that Senter is 1-2 miles from 101.

If you just want to get to Anaheim Fast take Highway 5. If you can handle a couple extra hours of driving it is much more interesting to take 101.
There is a Costco on the other side of the airport on Coleman Ave. It would be about a 5-7 minute drive from the airport. Easy to get to and east to get back to a freeway.

Another former SJ resident saying TAKE I-5 to Anaheim! Don't mess with 101...it will add a lot of time to your drive.

There are several Costcos in San Jose....one is on Almaden Expressway, which is off Hwy 85. Basically from the airport you would take Hwy 87 to Hwy 85 and get off at Almaden Expressway (it is in a shopping center with a Bed, Bath and Beyond, Barnes and Noble, Trader Joes...)...then get back on 85 to get on 101 southbound. You will get to Hwy 152- go east and that will hook you up to I-5. once you are on 5, if you go the speed limit and there are no major traffic jams, you will be at Disneyland about 5 hours later. It's about a 6 hour drive although we have done it in less. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter