Driving from Yosemite to Disneyland

1 goofy family

Mouseketeer
This isn't exactly a Disneyland question, but I was hoping you DIS experts might have some advice on our vacation plans.

While we were in Disneyland last December, there was a bad snow storm that closed the I-5. It seemed like it was an unusual weather occurrence, it sure dominated the news for the time we were there.

We are planning on driving from Yosemite through Fresno, and onto the I-5 to Anaheim. What are the typical driving conditions along that highway in winter? Is snow and heavy fog common on the I-5?

I'd appreciate any advice you might have to offer. :goodvibes

Snow closures are not common, but happen 2 or 3 times each year. It depends on the time of year you're visiting - spring/summer you'll be fine. An alternate route is to take I-15 through Barstow and the Cajon Pass, which doesn't get closed down as often AFAIK.

Thanks for the advice. I'll have to look a little further into that route. From Yosemite, what highway would we take? I see the I-15 from Barstow, but where is the Cajon Pass? :confused:

Here's the alternate route via Mapquest. I-5 is preferable unless you hear it's closed. I-15 goes through the Cajon Pass between Hesperia and Devore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter