Driving to DLP - any tips?

disneyat40

Earning My Ears
Hi this is our first time driving our car to France and to DLP. We'll be parking in the DLP carpark while we visit DLP. We have to pay the first day and after that it's free when we have our AP's.

Has anyone got any tips that they'd like to share/useful information etc?

Thank you!

We always drive to DLP as we find it very easy to do, motorways almost all of the way taking around 3 hours. We make sure we have our toll money ready (around 22 euros each way). The only tip I can think of is when arriving at the carpark later in the day drive to the front of the carpark as they do not fill the spaces very well and there are often spaces in the front few rows which saves the long walk at the end of the day.

Thank you, that is very helpful! We will mostly be arriving late in the day to try and avoid the crowds and also to do some other stuff during the day time. A few hours at DLP in the evening will round the day off nicely :-D

The only tip I can think of is when arriving at the carpark later in the day drive to the front of the carpark as they do not fill the spaces very well and there are often spaces in the front few rows which saves the long walk at the end of the day.

+1 Danauk.....just drive around the cones that they place on the road, and make your way to the end, and you'll generally find a space in of the 1st couple of rows.

A thread here which may also be helpful: http://www.disboards.com/threads/travelling-to-dlp-by-car.2802801/

Little tip if you're a lushie like me... preorder a few boxes of wine from Calais Wines online and pick up on your way back home... such amazing prices! We always stock up on the way back :flower1::flower1::flower1:

Thanks everyone, it all worked out really well. It's really all very straightforward which is great :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter