Driving to Toronto from US. Cookies allowed?

AnnaS

DIS Veteran
We have not driven to Toronto/Canada in a long, long time.

We are visiting family. We wanted to bring a tray of cookies. I did google and don't see any restrictions on this. Hubby thinks you can't bring anything. Anyone have any experience. Will definitely tell them we have cookies at the border. TIA>

Baked goods? Not a problem. Pretty much any kind of baked or fried food is OK. Uncooked meat or certain produce might be restricted.

On the way back I had no problem bringing back cooked meat. Produce is another matter. One time we actually bought produce in Canada and brought it back to the US via ferry. My wife washed it first. It was Washington cherries that were placed with the bag. Also Washington apples, but she removed the sticker. We were told that we had to finish them before arriving or throw them away unless they had some identification that they were American produce.

We have not driven to Toronto/Canada in a long, long time.

We are visiting family. We wanted to bring a tray of cookies. I did google and don't see any restrictions on this. Hubby thinks you can't bring anything. Anyone have any experience. Will definitely tell them we have cookies at the border. TIA>
I was recently researching what we can bring into/out of Canada for an upcoming RV trip. Basically, as private travelers, you can bring pretty much anything across the boarder. BUT you have to declare everything (not just fruit/vegetables). And let the border people make the call whether it's allowed or not.

We cross very very often with sandwiches and so forth and never have a problem. In a few weeks we will be bringing 15 bottles of wine into the US, will declare them and pay the fees.

Thank you so much everyone~!! Just wanted to make sure!!!! Will definitely declare them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter