Drizzt's Family goes to WDW May 2010

Oh yeah you should come out here! I never though in a million years I'd like the West Coast. Cause you know I'm a GA girl at heart. But I really do like it. DH wants to move back to San Diego or maybe Miami. (Not sure where he got that from!) When we are retired from the AF. We'll see, I don't think I'd hate to live in San Diego it's really nice!

Oh if you ever plan on heading out this way anytime soon let me know! I will for sure you tell you the cool places to check out in So Cal and AZ. :) :hippie:

I LOVED San Diego when we visited. In fact, it has probably been one of my favorite vacations ever. I will mention it here for sure if I plan a trip soon - I would love some recommendations! :goodvibes

And how exciting about AI! I actually went to AI here in Atlanta for Interior Design a few years ago. I ended up only staying for two quarters, but just because I changed my mind about ID, not because of the school. I loved the school! :love: In fact, I always thought maybe I should have gone there for culinary arts instead - I would love to do that. How fun and exciting for you!

Hey TokyoDina,

I don't normally do recommendations to read other people's threads...but if you haven't yet come across Alison's F&W at Disneyland Trip report, you should check it out. She's attending the classes and the pictures are amazing!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2414340

Thank you! I still haven't had a chance to read the full report but I will as soon as I get the first chance to!

I LOVED San Diego when we visited. In fact, it has probably been one of my favorite vacations ever. I will mention it here for sure if I plan a trip soon - I would love some recommendations! :goodvibes

And how exciting about AI! I actually went to AI here in Atlanta for Interior Design a few years ago. I ended up only staying for two quarters, but just because I changed my mind about ID, not because of the school. I loved the school! :love: In fact, I always thought maybe I should have gone there for culinary arts instead - I would love to do that. How fun and exciting for you!

Oh yeah I love SD too! We get so many free things every time we go! It's just too hard to say no. Oh you should go back to AI for culinary. I'm going to apply next week. I know I can't do anything until the end of this year but they told me sometimes getting military folks accepted into the school can be tricky so I should start on it ASAP.

Why didn't you like Interior Design?
So would you believe I got sick from Pizza? I don't normally eat Pizza and on Monday night I didn't feel like cooking because I just got done with a dance class and I told DH to order some Papa John's. Pizza gets here and then boom I'm sick as the dog was last week. I've only been able to keep Ginger Ale and saltine crackers in my system. But I'm recovering slowly but surely.

In other news I'm going to go see Cinderella the Musical. It should be great! The local high school is doing the production of it. I will take pictures if I can! Can't wait it's tomorrow night!
:cloud9:

BLECH to getting sick!!! Was it because there was something wrong with the pizza or was it an allergic reaction or something? Did your DH get sick too? But here's to feeling better! :yay:

BLECH to getting sick!!! Was it because there was something wrong with the pizza or was it an allergic reaction or something? Did your DH get sick too? But here's to feeling better! :yay:

No, my DH did say he felt a little bit sick. But he didn't get as sick as I did. I didn't eat for two days almost. I just was able to put soup down. I think it was food poisoning. I'm pretty sure. But everyone at work thinks it's some kind of bug because other people have been coming down with it. But I'm sure it's food poisoning cause the pizza dough as almost raw. But no more pizza! I now refuse to eat it! Soon I'm just going to stop eating out cause no one can prepare food safely anymore!

Geez!

Okay I need to make dinner so we'll be ready for Cindy's play! :hippie:

Thank you~~!!

Whee 22 days left! Yes! Now I need to clean my messy house. We'll it's not that bad actually but it could use some TLC!:confused3

Oh yeah I love SD too! We get so many free things every time we go! It's just too hard to say no. Oh you should go back to AI for culinary. I'm going to apply next week. I know I can't do anything until the end of this year but they told me sometimes getting military folks accepted into the school can be tricky so I should start on it ASAP.

Why didn't you like Interior Design?

I've got to get through business school first! I just started my MBA :scared: Then maybe one day I'll take some culinary classes. I would love to learn about how different flavors pair together and how to come up with all of those yummy combinations that chefs make! :thumbsup2

Hmmm, Interior Design was...interesting. Not at all what I was expecting. Honestly, they should rename it "Interior Architecture" because that's what it was. I was ok until I got to the drafting class and then that was it for me. We spent the first class (which was 4 hours, by the way) drawing a single line! :eek: So as much as I loved the school, I knew the program wasn't for me. :sad1:

Oh wow! I think I would have dropped it too!

Yeah I'm really excited about it. I told DH I'm thinking maybe after my cooking school days are over and if Chopped is still on TV I should try to get on the show. I entered in that Olive Garden Culinary Institute contest. I'm sure I won't win but man I'd be so thrilled if I did! I think I'd drop everything! Geez!

Wow good luck with your MBA! I think that's a ton of paper writing there! Yeck!

Great so the ride I thought might be taking us to the Airport might not be. I have to work and see if getting a shuttle to our house to the Airport is cheaper than just parking at the Airport. Grumble Grumble I was hoping I didn't have to do that...

Oh wow! I think I would have dropped it too!

Yeah I'm really excited about it. I told DH I'm thinking maybe after my cooking school days are over and if Chopped is still on TV I should try to get on the show. I entered in that Olive Garden Culinary Institute contest. I'm sure I won't win but man I'd be so thrilled if I did! I think I'd drop everything! Geez!

Wow good luck with your MBA! I think that's a ton of paper writing there! Yeck!

Oooohh, you should totally try out for one of the cooking-type shows. They've become so popular now that I'm sure once you get done with the school something will still be on! That would be so exciting!

Thanks for the wishes with the MBA!:goodvibes I'm doing an accelerated program that hopefully should put me finishing in about a year. I'm sure it's going to keep me plenty busy! :eek:

Oooohh, you should totally try out for one of the cooking-type shows. They've become so popular now that I'm sure once you get done with the school something will still be on! That would be so exciting!

Thanks for the wishes with the MBA!:goodvibes I'm doing an accelerated program that hopefully should put me finishing in about a year. I'm sure it's going to keep me plenty busy! :eek:

Oh yeah I think I might do it. As soon as I have a good grasp on cooking techniques and stuff.

Wow so what do you plan to do with your MBA? I'm sure you can do it and FI will be there to help you every step of the way!! :)

Whooo 19 days before it's time to hit the plane! So sadly some of the dresses I ordered did not fit the way I wanted them to. So I've ordered a cute top and some shorts. I hope they get here soon. I think I'm going to hit up a thrift store here in town called Buffalo Exchange. They have this place where you can exchange your clothes for ones they have there. I hope they will take them. I'm not happy with the fit and I want to get something else. :P But yes we are getting down the the two week make here in about 5 days! Wow!

It's getting close....

I'm not three days (state side) away but yeah two weeks is coming up! I can't wait!

I think we might be doing a wine tasting tour depending on what's going on for the both of us. I've got to watch how work goes because I might have to come on Saturday before we get on a plane but hopefully not!

We went kennel hunting for Drizzt yesterday and needless to say none of the places worked out! He is an indoor dog so just the idea of him being in an outdoor/indoor enclosure was out of the question. I don't know why we booked it but I canceled it right after I made the reservation. It smelled like pee and some of the dogs were agressive and it was so loud. I wondered how anyone got any sleep in there! And they didn't have any toys at some of the places and only one dog as allowed out in the run at a time.

So I said this is not happening! I don't care how much it costs I'm putting him in a doggie hotel! And that's what we are going. We are going to the PetsMart PetsHotel today. I hope the conditions there are just like the website showed. Which is a completely indoor area with places to play and people to play with him. I have a right to overly concerned about the dog because I don't want him to get fleas or ticks from being outside. :love:

So wish me luck on this I hope it's better than what I expect!

Also it looks like we are parking the car at the airport. Luckly I got an coupon for a huge discount! YES~!!! :banana:

I hope the doggie hotel turns out to be just what you were expecting! And I completely understand you wanting to make sure your dog's environment during your vacation is just right. I have a doggie too - a Boxer named Bella :love: I actually got her as a puppy from my cousin who has the mother and father dog. She decided to keep one of the boy puppies as well. So now, whenever I go out of town my cousin is nice enough to let Bella come stay with her and her dogs. Bella just loves having her family to play with! She actually loves it so much that when I bring her home she's sad for days! :guilty:

It'll be worth the money in the long run for you to relax about Drizzt being in someone else's care. Plus, it'll be like a vacation for him too!

Let me know if you don't like the hotel for any reason. We would be happy to dog-sit if Dallas is nice to him. ;) She's an old lady and we just never tried to re-train her from whatever weird life she had before us. She has some dog friends that she loves, but sometimes she decides she doesn't like one at the park or whatever. She was (one of) our babies before we had human children, so I totally get your concern over where your baby will be staying!

I hope the doggie hotel turns out to be just what you were expecting! And I completely understand you wanting to make sure your dog's environment during your vacation is just right. I have a doggie too - a Boxer named Bella :love: I actually got her as a puppy from my cousin who has the mother and father dog. She decided to keep one of the boy puppies as well. So now, whenever I go out of town my cousin is nice enough to let Bella come stay with her and her dogs. Bella just loves having her family to play with! She actually loves it so much that when I bring her home she's sad for days! :guilty:

Haha! Drizzt does that too! When he has had too much fun playing or if we leave him for a week when he comes home he does nothing but sleep and doesn't want to play. It's like he is depressed that he left his friends and he is too tired to do anything.

It'll be worth the money in the long run for you to relax about Drizzt being in someone else's care. Plus, it'll be like a vacation for him too!

Yeah! Actually it's not as bad as I thought. The kennels are really nice and open and it's not a cage just glass windows so the people that work there can look in. I was hoping it was going be less than $40 a day and it's half that! So I'm glad we can put him in there. And he'll get three walks and three play times a day on top of being let out when he has to go. So he won't be cramped up in the kennel all day.

Let me know if you don't like the hotel for any reason. We would be happy to dog-sit if Dallas is nice to him. ;) She's an old lady and we just never tried to re-train her from whatever weird life she had before us. She has some dog friends that she loves, but sometimes she decides she doesn't like one at the park or whatever. She was (one of) our babies before we had human children, so I totally get your concern over where your baby will be staying!

I think I wanna use this as a excuse just to finally meet you. But maybe we can just get together this weekend and see if Dallas is okay with Drizzt. He loves everyone and everything. Sometimes he can be a little bit shy when he first meets a new dog but once that initial 10 seconds is up. The dog is like family according to him. He loves to play. I don't think he's totally lost his crazy puppy phase yet. He is only 2 but crazy crazy!

Oh yes! And now it's my turn!!! Only 13 days left! Man! I have a very busy week next week this week, I'm sure, is going to be pretty stressful. I felt it even before I left work on Friday. Yeah......let's hope my dance class tonight makes me feel better.

12 days!!!!!

I have a long week of work next week. It's not going to be pretty! But tomorrow I get to go to a Fitness Expo! Which is really exciting since I love to work out! I hope they take pictures cause I'm actually apart of it not a spectator. :)

Can I get an 8 days! cheer over here? One long week of work left. I'm not kidding it's going to be long. But in the end when I get on that plane it'll be worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter