Droid depot and Savi’s with 6 year old

Darth Insidious

Mouseketeer
Hi. I am planning a trip for our family off 5. We will spend a full day in Galaxy’s Edge. Everyone wants to build droids and light sabers. Our youngest will have just turned 6 and might need help.

For droid depot, if we reserve for 5, can the adults help her grab parts and assemble while doing our own? Or should we book 2 separate groups?

For Savi’s, does it require a lot of adult assistance? If so, I will likely break into 2 groups because the adult assisting might not get their own finished. I’d prefer for us all to do it together, but everyone enjoying the experience is more important. I feel like that’s maybe less of an issue at droid depot?

I did consider just helping her and not building my own but I’m the biggest Star Wars fan in the family and I think I’d regret not building my own.

Any suggestions from those who have done these with kids?

Thank you!

Hi. I am planning a trip for our family off 5. We will spend a full day in Galaxy’s Edge. Everyone wants to build droids and light sabers. Our youngest will have just turned 6 and might need help.

For droid depot, if we reserve for 5, can the adults help her grab parts and assemble while doing our own? Or should we book 2 separate groups?

For Savi’s, does it require a lot of adult assistance? If so, I will likely break into 2 groups because the adult assisting might not get their own finished. I’d prefer for us all to do it together, but everyone enjoying the experience is more important. I feel like that’s maybe less of an issue at droid depot?

I did consider just helping her and not building my own but I’m the biggest Star Wars fan in the family and I think I’d regret not building my own.

Any suggestions from those who have done these with kids?

Thank you!
Not done this with kids, but I don't think it would be an issue at Droid Depot for adults to help kids while doing their own. The hardest part is the part that needs a screw driver.

Breaking into 2 groups also frees up someone to take pics (guessing this is allowed) while you’re still all there together.

The experience at Savi's takes like 15 minutes, but you get a lot of things sorted out before you go in with your group, such as paying, selecting your scrap type, and getting your pin. A half hour is probably the right gap.

Droid parts are grabbed collectively before getting in queue for individual build stations.

We had a seven year old and a twelve year old do both. The cast members would have been enough to help them through it, but it was easier with an adult each and I really appreciate that we had separate cameras pointed at each, at least for Savi's.

The lightsabers at Galaxy's Edge are actually kind of bad. I'm very glad I was there for the experience, but the kids are still jealous of the lightsaber I built myself using Variable Hilt Configuration (VHC) pieces from Chinese manufacturer LGT/Damiensabers, for much less money. There are many resellers of LGT lightsabers and parts in countries all over the world. Then again, I don't have the pin or a crystal I can pop into a holocron. Still, we're buying them some cheap LGTs for more "enthusiastic" play with more fun controls.

The experience at Savi's takes like 15 minutes, but you get a lot of things sorted out before you go in with your group, such as paying, selecting your scrap type, and getting your pin. A half hour is probably the right gap.

Droid parts are grabbed collectively before getting in queue for individual build stations.

We had a seven year old and a twelve year old do both. The cast members would have been enough to help them through it, but it was easier with an adult each and I really appreciate that we had separate cameras pointed at each, at least for Savi's.

The lightsabers at Galaxy's Edge are actually kind of bad. I'm very glad I was there for the experience, but the kids are still jealous of the lightsaber I built myself using Variable Hilt Configuration (VHC) pieces from Chinese manufacturer LGT/Damiensabers, for much less money. There are many resellers of LGT lightsabers and parts in countries all over the world. Then again, I don't have the pin or a crystal I can pop into a holocron. Still, we're buying them some cheap LGTs for more "enthusiastic" play with more fun controls.
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter