Drowning in MagicBands!

I ordered mine and I felt like within 2 weeks it came. It was actually really fast. Same for when I ordered my first onsite stay MB. we booked a trip last minute and were leaving for SC in a week and it came in 3 days!

We renewed our APs on 3/11 when we arrived for our last visit. I customized our new MBs via MDE on my phone that evening, and they were waiting for us when we got home on 3/22. They probably arrived a day or two before - we had the USPS hold our mail while we were gone.

Awesome! Another question for you then. You said you already had a MB linked to your account, what happens with pre-existing FPs if you suddenly link new MBs?

Nothing happens to your FPs. The FPs are linked to MDE. Your MBs are linked to MDE and simply access the information in MDE re FPs, resort room locks, ADRs, etc. that is stored there. So all active MBs are interchangeable.

HAHA Oh my goodness you do have so much more! I own a timeshare so I hardly stay onsite so for me this seems like a lot. I also wanted to purchase 3 LE bands the last time I was there and stopped myself from doing so.

I was thinking of just bringing 2, my Haunted mansion band and my Yellow Annual Passholder band since its bright for summer!

I stay on and off and go .... probably too much. :)

We have all our old ones in a box. I'm working on designing some kind of contraption to display them on.

I got an inexpensive watch holder on Amazon. This was about 5 bands ago ...

9660B9E7-E707-42FF-BED4-D437E42B0BEE.jpg

This picture is amazing :teeth:

OH WOW thats all for just you? do you have LE ones or just plain bands?

Right, which is why I think packing the AP 2.0 band with the Haunted Mansion one would be good. my first band is still in its arrival box as a memory to our first onsite stay!

I often wear two or three. I have my special ones I like and then I try to wear my new resort one in case my old won't work on room. I have had to walk back to front desk too many times now.

Also I LOVE all my HM MBs (3) and Villains but as they get older they may not grab the long range RFID pictures etc so wearing my current resort MB helps make sure I get those.

Hold up, if you have an AP you can get free magic bands?!

How the heck did I miss this?! Do you remember how long it took to receive your bands? Wondering if I ordered them today, if I would receive them by April 21st...

Once you activate your AP it should show up on MDE to be ordered. A few have said it happened before they activated but that has never happened to me ... unless a renewal.

Awesome! Another question for you then. You said you already had a MB linked to your account, what happens with pre-existing FPs if you suddenly link new MBs?

NOTHING is on your MagicBand, so no effect on FP+. EVERYTHING is in your MDE and the MagicBands are just segways to the info. So you can interchange all your bands on your trips and they all should work.

I have 2 LE a 2016 one and a 45 anniversiry one I might get another LE one

I wanted to buy the D&B one, MNSSHP one and the 45th but I talked myself out of it! I thought thats way too many too soon! maybe I'll splurge and get a new LE one if a theme pops up that I really like.

I stay on and off and go .... probably too much. :)

I got an inexpensive watch holder on Amazon. This was about 5 bands ago ...

9660B9E7-E707-42FF-BED4-D437E42B0BEE.jpg

I often wear two or three. I have my special ones I like and then I try to wear my new resort one in case my old won't work on room. I have had to walk back to front desk too many times now.

That is what I am afraid will happen is if my older band wont work with my room. It wont hurt to bring it and I can change colors if I like. Do you think have 3 bands active at one time is too much??

I don't know how many my family has - I have never counted them but I do know that I have at least twelve feet of them when strung together paper chain style. (looped over the top rail of my catwalk rail with 8 floor ceilings, they dragged the floor) I use them as garland on one of my Disney themed Christmas trees.

That is what I am afraid will happen is if my older band wont work with my room. It wont hurt to bring it and I can change colors if I like. Do you think have 3 bands active at one time is too much??

Nope you should be fine. Like I said I have ....... many ...... and wasn't until last trip I deactivated the old ones. Ironic, last two trips it was my new MB that didn't work.

I have never unlinked my bands. MDE shows my most recent 11 bands linked. I have never had any problems with them (watch, I just jinxed myself)

We're doing a split stay for our April trip and received 2 sets of bands for the family. We have other family joining us halfway through the trip that are staying offsite, therefore not receiving free bands. Can I deactivate the second set and give them to the offsite family members to reactivate and use, so they don't have to buy their own? Thanks!

I ran across a picture some time ago on here that someone had made what looked like a smaller version of a curtain rod where the ends were shaped like Mickey gloves and the rod held all the magic bands from their numerous trips. I can't find it now but if someone knows where it is, please post it or link it because it was a great idea. :tigger:

We're doing a split stay for our April trip and received 2 sets of bands for the family. We have other family joining us halfway through the trip that are staying offsite, therefore not receiving free bands. Can I deactivate the second set and give them to the offsite family members to reactivate and use, so they don't have to buy their own? Thanks!

To my understanding you cant. The bands are linked to the people on the reservation in MDE. once ordered I believe it is attached you even before shipping it out. Once MB have been linked to a person they cannot be deactivated to give to someone else. The offsite family would have to purchase their own.

I ran across a picture some time ago on here that someone had made what looked like a smaller version of a curtain rod where the ends were shaped like Mickey gloves and the rod held all the magic bands from their numerous trips. I can't find it now but if someone knows where it is, please post it or link it because it was a great idea. :tigger:

Actually converting one bathroom to a Mickey one and was considering using old ones for my shower curtain hooks.

I love the idea but I fear that I will need more than one curtain rod.

I tossed all the 1st generation stiffer thicker ones. Was collecting the thinner ones in each color, but now they have the large ones, I have 3 of those so far (one SE HM). My favorite is a white patterned Dooney one, it is not the new wide type. I love that one.

I am not crazy about the new wide Magicbands, I think they will be sweaty in the warmer weather, and yes I know there are other options to wearing on wrist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter