Drunk, unruly group at IOA

fervour

Mouseketeer
Hi all,
I was at IOA on Sep. 1. At about 7pm I was waiting for the next showing of Posiedon's Fury. In the group waiting was about 4 or 5 drunken guys. When the guide came out, they wouldn't let him speak. The drunks just hooped and hollered. The guide asked the drunks to be considerate but they would not quiet down.

It doesn't offend me for Universal to sell alcohol but it would seem like the employees would have authority to eject drunks from the parks. Am I the only person who thinks this? Truly, it seemed like the employees were not trained in how to handle the situation. It was so bad that other people in the audience were yelling at the guys to shut up (no, I wasn't one of the guys confronting ---I am really soft spoken ---hehehe). Of course, that didn't help ----the guys were drunk!

A thunderstorm was about to break. The PF show had a technical error because of the thunderstorm. I don't fault Universal for having technical difficulties due to weather. But this particular showing of PF ended in the second chamber. The show attendants opened a side door into the backlot. The door was without awning. It was pouring rain. And the show attendants were just herding people out with NO direction. It was dark. There was one sign that said "to park". The gate was closed. The attendants gave NO indication of what to do. Some people were going down the wide sidewalk which seemed the obvious thing to do, but I went down the sidewalk to the closed gate ---that is where the sign was pointing. Fortunately, the sign was right and I went back to the park.

Clearly these employees had not been trained how to handle unusual situations. It would've been nice if an employee would've opened the closed privacy gate to ensure that guests knew how to get back into the park.

That same night, we walked to the CAT, and there was no attendant. The ride looked like it might be closed. (This was about 7:30 ---the park was open till 9). So we walked into CAT. It was open and running, there just was no attendant out front.

I like IOA and Universal ----I have a season pass ---but the park was in really bad form that night.

If you are a first time visitor to this board ----let me be the first to say, that mine was not my usual experience at IOA. The park is usually great! ----definitely worth visiting! ----I just thought the regular readers of the board might be interested. Thanks for listening to my rant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter