• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DRURY at Disney Springs accepting reservations! Oct. 27, 2022 and beyond.

thanks for posting! Bummer on the $18/night parking charge, but it was fun to look! I refuse to pay hotel parking fees over $10/night unless there's something really special about the hotel (like Universal's hotels with free express pass.)

thanks for posting! Bummer on the $18/night parking charge, but it was fun to look! I refuse to pay hotel parking fees over $10/night unless there's something really special about the hotel (like Universal's hotels with free express pass.)

What I don't see mentioned on their page but showed up when I did a sample booking is $22 per night Resort Fee. Since I drive that adds $40 per night.

Years ago I used to stay in Disney Springs all the time but as the fees increased, because I drive, I moved a short distance offsite to just as nice rooms with no fees. I think Disney Springs is a great option for those who fly, especially now that you have to get your own transportation. Having the DS Bus System and ability to walk to Disney Springs is a big plus. And while the prices always tend to look great, we must remember to add the extra fees.

What I don't see mentioned on their page but showed up when I did a sample booking is $22 per night Resort Fee. Since I drive that adds $40 per night.

Oh yeah...good catch. That's definitely a no-go between parking and resort fees - no thank you. I can still find reasonable accommodations without parking or resort fees. They're not fancy, but clean and safe - with free breakfast - which is all I need from any orlando trip.

Perhaps Mousesavers will have some reduced parking/resort fee deals next year, after it's been open a while.

Isn't Drury a rather basic hotel chain? Like, sub-Holiday Inn?

Mid Scale like Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn, Best Western and even that depends on location. The Disney Springs hotels would all be considered mid scale hotels with slight variations depending on what they offer. Buena Vista Palace gets a bump for their pool area, Doubletree since it is an all suite hotel. This Drury is completing all new tower rooms, is renovating the old tower, building a new convention space and rebuilding their pool area. It has the plus it does not back up to I-4 so quieter. They will be offering free breakfast and evening reception, a big perk for Disney Springs. Folks who stay at Drury have nice things to say about them. Based on amenities, they'd likely on paper rate higher than Disney Value resorts. At this point, if looking at Disney Springs hotels, unless you have an allegiance to a brand, I think it will be very popular since they are continuing their free breakfast amenity there.

I interpreted Kickback to mean some snacks and maybe beer & wine like some other hotels. Someone talking about it opening up just posted this menu. The fact they are still offering this on Disney property is impressive.

https://www.druryhotels.com/menu

I interpreted Kickback to mean some snacks and maybe beer & wine like some other hotels. Someone talking about it opening up just posted this menu. The fact they are still offering this on Disney property is impressive.

The savings for a family of five adds up to some real money. It is easy to spend more than $300 a day for something comparable paying out of pocket.

I recall they gave you three adult beverages per adult. At $10 for a beer, there is $60 for a couple right there.

The Drury Inn Dining Plan!

Yep. Full on breakfast and dinner. Plus 3 alcoholic drinks per adult per day. :D
Last time we went To Universal, we stayed at the Orlando Drury for $90 a night.
It totally felt like a steal for my family of four.:)

Last edited:
Yep. Full on breakfast and dinner. Plus 3 alcoholic drinks per adult per day. :D
Last time we went To Universal, we stay at the Orlando Drury for $90 a night.
It totally feels like a steal for my family of four.:)

$90 def would be a great deal. We often stay Homewood Suites that does similar - had one of my best salmon dinners at Homewood on International. But for just two of us and hitting around $200+ a night, the Disney Springs one is still more than I want to pay, especially if we are in parks at dinner hour. But I think a great option for families, especially if they want a late afternoon break for dinner then head back to parks.

Today I learned Drury Inn can actually be superior to Holiday Inn (which wasn't a high bar to pass, I realize). Certainly new hotels are always "better".

We try to stay at Drury whenever we can. Spent Christmas at one in Indiana this year. There is one in Pittsburgh that we have used many times that is in an old federal building that stored currency. Still has the huge vaults and hiding places for the FBI. We always a good stay at any Drury that we have used. My understanding is that they try to but historical building and convert them when they can. Every one serves biscuits and gravy as a directive from the owner. And they all allow pets.

This week drove past the Drury multiple times a day. The original plan was build the tower, open it, close the old tower and renovate it, then work on the convention and pool areas. It looks like they are working on everything. Lots of workers in both towers, the old tower has the first few floors completely gutted - you can see through it - concrete work being done in the convention area. They have lots to do but once they enclose it all weather won't slow them down. Going to be a real plus to the area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter