DRURY at Disney Springs accepting reservations! Oct. 27, 2022 and beyond.

Yep. Full on breakfast and dinner. Plus 3 alcoholic drinks per adult per day. :D
Last time we went To Universal, we stayed at the Orlando Drury for $90 a night.
It totally felt like a steal for my family of four.:)

This has been my experience as well. Plus indoor pools in our Ohio locations. I love a Drury. Will check into this option for our next trip.

Last edited:
Drury
Does Drury DS qualify for any Disney extra hours?
Drury will be a Disney Spring Resort Area hotel, and all of those hotels qualify for early theme park hours (but not extended evening theme park hours). It's barely conceivable that Disney could change the mix of hotels that qualify for that perk, but it seems highly unlikely that they'd somehow single out one of the Disney Springs Resort Area hotels and lock them out of a perk that the other six qualify for.

Or in other words, yes, I feel confident they will offer early entry to guests.

Anyone know if you can walk to DS from Drury?

Yes. All the Disney Springs hotels are walking distance to DS. I've walked from the Doubletree which is the farthest and it's not a bad walk at all.

Just wondering the hotel states it is opening on 27th October. Do you think it would be risky booking for thanksgiving. We will be a family of 4 adults and 2 infants. Do hotels tend to open on time in Orlando or do they tend to be delayed?
We will be coming from Australia and I’m not sure if the opening date already has some wriggle in it or should I book an alternative,? We are staying onsite at WDW the week after thanksgiving. I’m concerned that thanksgiving really busy.

We just toured the construction site, and they were very confident that the hotel will open on time. Drury owns the construction company and the construction supply company, so they have pretty tight control on their schedules.

We just toured the construction site, and they were very confident that the hotel will open on time. Drury owns the construction company and the construction supply company, so they have pretty tight control on their schedules.
Thankyou for that information

Did it look like they were working on the pool areas, and if they would be ready by opening? We're looking at going in early December (6 adults, one 3 yr old) and a pool for the 3 yr old is a 100% necessity for him and his grandma for days when they dont want to go to the parks.

I really want to book something in the next week, and its down to 3 rooms at the Drury, or renting DVC points for a 2BR at SSR

Did it look like they were working on the pool areas, and if they would be ready by opening? We're looking at going in early December (6 adults, one 3 yr old) and a pool for the 3 yr old is a 100% necessity for him and his grandma for days when they dont want to go to the parks.

I really want to book something in the next week, and its down to 3 rooms at the Drury, or renting DVC points for a 2BR at SSR
They intend to have the pool ready at opening. The pool was all excavated and getting close to pouring concrete when we were there.

Just received an email stating that the hotel will not be ready for our booking over thanksgiving. They claim it is due to the hurricane. We choose this hotel as it was close to Disney springs and new. I can transfer to there other hotel but now I won’t have any of the Disney privileges we would have had. Being from Australia I am very unfamiliar with areas, having a group of 6 and being over thanksgiving I think I have a huge problem.

Just received an email stating that the hotel will not be ready for our booking over thanksgiving. They claim it is due to the hurricane. We choose this hotel as it was close to Disney springs and new. I can transfer to there other hotel but now I won’t have any of the Disney privileges we would have had. Being from Australia I am very unfamiliar with areas, having a group of 6 and being over thanksgiving I think I have a huge problem.
Unfortunately in Florida, there have been many delays with construction. There were many labor and supply shortages before the hurricane. Now it is worse.

The good news is that Orlando has a lot of places to stay. You will find something.

Will you have a car? With six people I would look to rent a house or condo. That would be a lot more comfortable than a hotel, I think.

If you want something new, the Margaritaville resort might be a good fit. You can find those as third-party rental sites and through the resort.

The Drury near Universal is, as you say, not going to have the same Early Entry privileges, and is far enough away that you'd really need a rental car, so if those are going to be a problem, I'd look at some of the other Disney Springs Area hotels. We like the Buena Vista Palace quite a bit, and if you all want to stay in one room, the Doubletree has suites that hold 6 people.

All of these will be more money than the Drury, but quite a bit cheaper than an official Disney hotel. I'm sure you can find something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter