DS security from friendship boats?

mjmgsssp

DIS Veteran
I'm hoping someone can tell me where the security checkpoint is at Disney Springs for those arriving via boat from Port Orleans. The last time I was there, it wasn't through an entrance by the marketplace. Please tell me it isn't through a parking garage or the bus depot! I'm concerned about the extra walking.

Last edited:
I'm hoping someone can tell me where the security checkpoint is at Disney Springs for those arriving via boat from Port Orleans. The last time I was there, it wasn't through an entrance by the marketplace. Please tell me it isn't through a parking garage or the bus depot! I'm concerned about the extra walking.
You walk behind Christmas Store and the Earl of Sandwich. Security is near BBB. Security is also used for guests walking from SSR and from the hotels on Hotel Plaza.Blvd

It's the most bizarre thing....there is absolutely 0 security if you go to DS via a bus, but if you go via boat there is. It's so dumb. The security for the boat was not at marketplace but not too much farther- can't remember exactly though.

It's the most bizarre thing....there is absolutely 0 security if you go to DS via a bus, but if you go via boat there is. It's so dumb. The security for the boat was not at marketplace but not too much farther- can't remember exactly though.
Yes they should drop the security theater and bring back the water taxi.

We were surprised by this as well

There is also security if you drive (at least Lime and Orange Garages have security setups).

Yes they should drop the security theater
Security at DS was started after it was discovered that House of Blues at DS was the intended target for the Pulse nightclub shooter. The only reason he didn't act at House of Blues was because there was extra security that night due to a show going on.

I'm honestly fine with taking a couple minutes to go through security if that makes things even a little safer. Very odd though you don't go through security if you take a bus.

Security at DS was started after it was discovered that House of Blues at DS was the intended target for the Pulse nightclub shooter. The only reason he didn't act at House of Blues was because there was extra security that night due to a show going on.
I doubt he would’ve gone there by boat.

Have they changed things? When I was there last (admittedly last Thanksgiving), you had to go through security when coming by bus.

Have they changed things? When I was there last (admittedly last Thanksgiving), you had to go through security when coming by bus.
We've never gone through security by bus. Most recently this past July, before that Feb. and multiple times each yr. We did have to do the covid checks back when that was a thing, but otherwise no security for DS when arriving by bus. - This has always been a Disney bus for us, not sure of other buses.

Yes we definitely went through security when we arrived by Disney bus in August 2022.

I've heard people talking before about not going through security at DS when arriving by bus. That just seems so odd to me. Why would they force people arriving by boat and by foot through the one security point, force those driving/parking through the parking garage security, but then not secure the buses? I've even gone through a small security check walking over and entering near the Cirque theater. We don't take the buses to DS, so I've not experienced that first-hand, but am concerned when I hear people say they just walked right through. Don't they still have surface parking spaces near Cirque, too? Any security for those folks, or might that be cast member parking?

I don't recall walking through Security when arriving by bus, either. It's been about 8 months, all I remember is getting off the bus and walking in through the entrance by the Vince Camuto store (I think), I remember some metal barriers, but no walk through scanners. We'll be there in less than a week, I'll have to pay more attention!

I thought it was dumb, routing people thru a 'security' checkpoint on one side and NO security getting off a bus (b/c there isn't any) I hate that new setup,walking a long way around just to go shopping.

We were at DS a few weeks ago, arriving by bus from the WL. When going toward the stores we walked past a security guard with a dog, but he wasn’t stopping anyone that I noticed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter