DS8 has question about games in the lab

MelissaE1

Truly believes in the Magic
My DS8 is getting excited about our cruise, and asking a lot of questions. He would like to know two things about the lab... what video game system and/or game titles they have (and are there plenty of terminals), and do they have chess on the computers, or maybe in a board game?

Any help from previous cruisers or parents of cruisers in the 8-9 age group (or 10-12 even) would be much appreciated! :)

I believe that they have playstation two in the lab and there must be at least ten computer stations, the game my son (9) always seemed to be playing was hercules. I know they had a racing game and a snowboard game on the playstation because I would see it when I picked him up.

Thanks AnnMorin,

Your info has made my son very happy. lol.

Anyone else know anything about the computers? Are they used for specific activities, or do they have games on them, or what? (Can you tell my son is, um, electronically oriented?)

Also do they have board games there? He loves those, too. The only thing better than a kids place with tons of games would be if they installed a swimming pool right there in the lab. (grin)

I know the computers have neat contollers for them got DS one for christmas, they are like nintendo controllers instead of using as mouse. They have kinects (sp?) kinda like lego things, and I do recall seeing some board games,.

I've been in the lab and it's so much fun
they have a circular work station with about 10 computers with disney games like toy story which my brother enjoyed in the back they have about 5 computers with activity makers to make cards and name tags and craft things which i used to make address cards to keep in touch with friends I met i belive that also has solitare (sp?) They have a kitchen type area where you make flubber and they have plenty of board games on one side in the back there is a comfy area where you can listen to a bout 50 different songs on head phones and on the other side theres a lot of legos and knex and blocks The counslers help you meet each other people with different games theres also a lot of times when we leave the lab to do other things like make animation cells or smoothies and so many other things there are parties like a pool party and glow stick party but There are so many good things about the lab I could talk about it all day I hope this helps your son
~Kari~

Hi Kari,

Thank you very much for posting your experience with the lab. My son was very glad to read it. He is even more excited now!

Happy New Year,
Melissa :)

I am 10 years old boy and was on the Wonder in late October 2002.

The Lab has about 10 computers, a big screen game wall for playing games and watching movies, and Nintendo 64.

I enjoyed playing on the computers. They had "Who wants to be a Millionaire-Sports Edition", "Motorcross games", some Disney Computer games.

They had a lot of Knexs and many other games too. I don't remember seeing chess. When we weren't doing an organized acitivity, there was plenty of things to do in the lab.

I spent most of the time on the cruise with the 10-12 year old kids. I was having such a good time that I did not spend much time with my parents. I asked my Mom & Dad if we can take another Disney cruise in 2003.

:earsboy: :earsboy:

THANKS Kari, and 10 yr old from Wisconsin !!! We are taking our 8 yr old grandson on the western Magic Jan 18. You have given me more info about the lab than I have read in 6 mos on this board !! Details ,yes, thanks again ! Glad you had a wonderful time and it does sound like a lot of FUN for Nick !

Originally posted by Wisconsin
I am 10 years old boy and was on the Wonder in late October 2002.

My son was very glad to hear you liked the lab so much - it helps to hear from kids who have been there. Every post makes him feel more and more comfortable and excited about our cruise! Thank you very much for sharing. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter