DSD20 doing April 4 Character Auditions / Advice ?

TinkerbellinLouisian

I think I'm going on my 21st visit in 47 years...
I'm just so excited !

DSD20 will be auditioning at the Character Auditions in Orlando on April 4th !

There are many characters to audition for... Snow White, Alice, Cinderella...

but I do think with her Cajun looks... she'll have a better shot at Jasmine or Pocahontas...

I think I will tell her to look up some You Tube videos of various characters in the act....

But do you have any advice or suggestions I can pass along to her ?

HUGS
Mary

I have a friend who has gone thru a Disney audition and is still trying though she looks sooo much like this particular character.
One thing she did tell me is that not only do they want you to look and act like the character you're auditioning for you also need to resemble the other people who are already cast and acting as your character.

So if someone sees Belle in MK and then in EPCOT not only does the Belle in EPCOT look like Belle but she also resembles the Belle in MK so guests think it's the same person.

So if I were you I would try to see as many current photos people took with the characters you DSD wants to try out for and see which cast member and character combined she most resembles.

I also hear that if you want to be one of the non-face chacters (one in full costume) there are very strict height requirements. You either need to be no more than 4"11" or much taller to be someone like Goofy, or Beast. There is no in-between.

Thank you so much Wendybird.... Great advice and I will pass it along...

Supposedly the height requirements for Jasmine and Pocahontas are 5'3" to 5'6" and she is 5'4" .... so far so good.

That's a great idea... I can try to get pics of current face characters to see if they match....

so interesting how exacting a science Disney is !

Hugs
Mary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter