• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DU TA and insurance

gumbypee

DIS Veteran
So this is first time I trying DU. I am frustrated. I just am in quote stage. I asked for insurance too. I wanted to know if the insurance would cover me getting a new job and having to cancel after PIF. She told me to contact insurance

I thought that was weird bc I thought she was supposed to be doing stuff on my behalf. Well I call insurance company and they tell me to ask travel agent.

1) is travel agent supposed to help me if I am getting insurance through them??

2) how can I find out reasons to cancel when both won't help me.

I'm about to go to old TA even though less obc

So this is first time I trying DU. I am frustrated. I just am in quote stage. I asked for insurance too. I wanted to know if the insurance would cover me getting a new job and having to cancel after PIF. She told me to contact insurance

I thought that was weird bc I thought she was supposed to be doing stuff on my behalf. Well I call insurance company and they tell me to ask travel agent.

Is this the travel insurance directly from DCL?

Really??? Ok I don't want them. I thought they did third party. I'll check on my mown. Thank you bunches!!

I am sorry to hear that you are frustrated with the answer provided by your Dreams Unlimited Travel agent. As always I invite anyone not fully satisfied with the service provided to write to me directly at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

I would like to say that Dreams Unlimited Travel is not an insurance provider. We will purchase the insurance requested on your behalf but we do not have control over what is or is not covered.

When a client asked a very specific question about insurance, like the one you asked, we do suggest contacting the insurance provider directly. The insurance providers have the most up-to-the-minute information on their policies and should be able to provide you with an answer to your specific question.

I am surprised that the person you spoke with at the insurance company directed you back to your TA. The only thing I can think of was the person you called wasn't sure what policy you were referring to as they sell many. In a case like that your TA should be able to give you the policy number that DCL is selling and from there the insurance provider should be able to answer specific questions.

Again I am sorry for your frustration and if you would like to discuss it further please feel free to email me at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

We always buy our travel insurance thru Insuremytrip website. We have used DU and have always had excellent service. Insuremytrip is easy to navigate and compare plans.

Sorry, didn't know the company name I just posted would be blocked out. Just google travel insurance and you will see a website offering multiple companies to compare travel insurance policies.

I am sorry to hear that you are frustrated with the answer provided by your Dreams Unlimited Travel agent. As always I invite anyone not fully satisfied with the service provided to write to me directly at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

I would like to say that Dreams Unlimited Travel is not an insurance provider. We will purchase the insurance requested on your behalf but we do not have control over what is or is not covered.

When a client asked a very specific question about insurance, like the one you asked, we do suggest contacting the insurance provider directly. The insurance providers have the most up-to-the-minute information on their policies and should be able to provide you with an answer to your specific question.

I am surprised that the person you spoke with at the insurance company directed you back to your TA. The only thing I can think of was the person you called wasn't sure what policy you were referring to as they sell many. In a case like that your TA should be able to give you the policy number that DCL is selling and from there the insurance provider should be able to answer specific questions.

Again I am sorry for your frustration and if you would like to discuss it further please feel free to email me at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

Thank you. She was able to assist me this morning after all.

Sorry, didn't know the company name I just posted would be blocked out. Just google travel insurance and you will see a website offering multiple companies to compare travel insurance policies.
thank you. DU referred me to a multiple insurance site as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter