• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DU TA no longer responding?

LullabeeDisney

Mouseketeer
Not sure what happened, but I know this forum is tied in heavily with them, so maybe I can get an answer here.

Basically, the TA answered me promptly, all my questions etc... until I made the deposit. I emailed her again after I did the deposit (had to call Disney myself since I was using a DVA to pay), but all I got was the generic "THANKS FOR USING US!" email.

I emailed again, a request for our group/asking general questions of how DU handles thing.

Nada. And I'm not talking "she hasn't emailed me in 24 hours!" thing. I emailed over a week ago. I understand we are not her top priority - we have a long ways to go - but isn't that the whole point of a TA? For questions?

She was just SO hands on when she was trying to make the sale, now it's like we don't exist.

That's frustrating. I had a great experience with DU. My agent promptly answered emails even while on maternity leave and after we returned. Try contacting through the main email - DCL.reservations@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com express your concerns and ask to switch agents.
Will that affect our reservation at all? To be honest I mainly did it for the OBC - I don't mind doing it all myself I just wish it wasn't like pulling teeth for a response.

You might want to contact John@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com (I think that is his right email?). He is always super responsive (he is one of the owners) when handling an issue with an agent. I personally have used DU for the last @15 years and have never had an issue with my agent contacting me. Something must be up with your agent. In fact, I was on the first long cruise after drydock for the Fantasy (the cruise that almost wasn't) and I heard from my DU agent before I heard from DCL about the changes and the delays. Good luck!
Edited to add; it should not affect your reservation at all should you contact the main email or John.

You are 1 year, 5 months, 3 weeks and 2 days from sailing so perhaps she is not compelled to answer an email about information that could quite possibly change in that time frame between now and closer to the cruise. She also could be on vacation, on medical leave or no longer with the company.

That being said, definitely contact the owner to find out what the delay in communication is about. If that answer is not acceptable to you, then ask for a new agent. It will not affect your OBC at all. And at the very least, you will be able to establish your rapport with the replacement agent early on. :)

I just listened to this podcast...one of the great questions they addressed was how to change agents. They made some wonderful points...one of which was how to contact John if things aren't working, and how to explain how things are working. I don't know if this would be helpful or not but I thought it would be illuminating.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/video-dreams-unlimited-travel-question-answer-06-12-17.3610875/
Thank you so much! I'm having to skip around but I appreciate it.

You are 1 year, 5 months, 3 weeks and 2 days from sailing so perhaps she is not compelled to answer an email about information that could quite possibly change in that time frame between now and closer to the cruise. She also could be on vacation, on medical leave or no longer with the company.

That being said, definitely contact the owner to find out what the delay in communication is about. If that answer is not acceptable to you, then ask for a new agent. It will not affect your OBC at all. And at the very least, you will be able to establish your rapport with the replacement agent early on. :)

I already acknowledge that I am far out from my cruise - I said I understand that. I'm not freaking out because she hasn't responded in a day. It's been over a week for my last email - even longer than that for the previous one. If it's a simple thing that could change, why not say "Hey this is how it is now, but it could change so don't assume this is locked in"? It's the lack of response that is bad customer service IMHO. As far as Vacation/leaving the company - why wouldn't they email for that? I understand things happen (emergency), and if that's the case then fine. But I'm surely not her only client emailing, and you'd think someone would take over/let her clients know.

Just BTW - It's not something that could change. It was general questions on how she does her job and requesting things for our cruise. No it's not dying to be done ASAP but it still doesn't warrant no response at all. A quick 'hey I got your email I'll start on that when I'm able' would be better than radio silence.

And maybe I'm wrong for expecting an email response from a TA in that time frame. I've never used a TA nor has anyone in my family, so. One friend has one for her cruises but it's her friend so she can just hop on FB/Text her and be like 'what's happening with x?'.

Usually though with vacations, most professionals will have an away auto-response and usually a second covering them - at least in my experience from the times I have had to work with agents. Ditto a planned medical leave. For an unplanned leave or someone leaving the company, I would think it is on management to reassign all of those clients. To do neither of those things seems unprofessional IMHO.

If it is just the agent assuming she can wait since the cruise is so far off, I personally think that making no contact is equally unprofessional. It's not hard to fire back a simple "Are you ok with waiting for me to deal with this for a little while?" email just to verify that she got it and ensure that the client is cool with waiting.

And maybe I'm wrong for expecting an email response from a TA in that time frame. I've never used a TA nor has anyone in my family, so. One friend has one for her cruises but it's her friend so she can just hop on FB/Text her and be like 'what's happening with x?'

I get it...and I believe there is sort of a standard response time for the industry as well as the agency itself. I know I was recently checking my email multiple times a day then realized that my agent had her hours on her signature (6pm-10pm). Wow-no wonder I wasn't seeing a response as soon as I woke up! That's why it seemed like forever when in reality if I emailed as I was going to bed and she took 48 business days it was actually more like 3 me days (if that makes sense and really just an example :)). John seemed truly sincere in wanting a relationship with clients so I'd encourage you, as other PPs have, to email him. Also, and this is something my DH reminds me constantly about customer service, if you don't tell the boss when your needs are not being met, then who will (and you're probably not alone!) and then that hurts the company. So that's how/why I am often the "squeaky wheel!" It's for the good of the company/corporation/betterment of humanity :)

She was just SO hands on when she was trying to make the sale, now it's like we don't exist.

Since you had responses before, this may not be what it happening, but, just in case, I would recommend checking your spam/junk mail folder. It could be that email filters occasionally "learn" things wrong after a while.

Best wishes on your vacation preparation!

It's never taken longer than 48 hours for me to get a reply. When she's on vacation she emails everyone and tells us and has someone fill in. I think you're experience is unusual and it's a good idea to report it.

I already acknowledge that I am far out from my cruise - I said I understand that. I'm not freaking out because she hasn't responded in a day. It's been over a week for my last email - even longer than that for the previous one. If it's a simple thing that could change, why not say "Hey this is how it is now, but it could change so don't assume this is locked in"? It's the lack of response that is bad customer service IMHO. As far as Vacation/leaving the company - why wouldn't they email for that? I understand things happen (emergency), and if that's the case then fine. But I'm surely not her only client emailing, and you'd think someone would take over/let her clients know.

Just BTW - It's not something that could change. It was general questions on how she does her job and requesting things for our cruise. No it's not dying to be done ASAP but it still doesn't warrant no response at all. A quick 'hey I got your email I'll start on that when I'm able' would be better than radio silence.

Absolutely she could / should jot off a quick email saying that she got your email. However, IF she is away on vacation or taking a week or so off, she would not see the email to respond. And if she is out on medical leave and had another agent take her immediate bookings (like travel happening in the time frame of her leave, you would not necessarily get any notification for said agent taking a leave because it falls out of the parameters of your trip. As for her leaving the company...again, if your travel time were closer and your agent changed, you might not be notified of it until closer to the actual time action will need to be taken.
I understand your frustration and I know I would be anxious as well. Maybe give her until Thursday am to contact you and if not by then contact DU leadership for further information.
One of the first things agents do (typically) is establish communication and rapport with clients. How do they like to be contacted? How often and in what mode? How much and how little do they want TA assistance and what are the details that are going to be priority pressure points.

Evidently, this agent has not established this rapport with you and that is very disappointing. I hope that it is simply a communication problem that can be worked out easily by intervention if not the agent contacting you sooner.

That's all.too bad to hear. Even when my DU agent is out of the office for work AND also for her own personal travel, not only do I receive an OOO reply, BUT she will email me too and also provide me with the name of whoever is helping her in her absence. So either way, my issue gets handled by either her even if she's away or her back up.

Definitely get a hold of John. For all you know, somehow your email went to your TAs spam folder and it was never seen. By going higher up the chain, John can find out what's happening. If it's a technical screw-up, you'll find out and get your answers. If not, you'll get the customer service you deserve.

Definitely get a hold of John. For all you know, somehow your email went to your TAs spam folder and it was never seen. By going higher up the chain, John can find out what's happening. If it's a technical screw-up, you'll find out and get your answers. If not, you'll get the customer service you deserve.
Don't forget to check your spam folder too. Sometimes emails get flagged as spam by accident by your email provider.

Don't forget to check your spam folder too. Sometimes emails get flagged as spam by accident by your email provider.
Lol that's the first thing I do when I have missing emails. I understand they go there way too often but I have her marked as "not spam" (she was at first, so that's why I checked).

I'll give it a few more days and see if she reponds and go from there. I hate for her to loose her money but there's little left for me to do. I'm just glad it occurred now, vs closer to my sailing time.

That's all.too bad to hear. Even when my DU agent is out of the office for work AND also for her own personal travel, not only do I receive an OOO reply, BUT she will email me too and also provide me with the name of whoever is helping her in her absence. So either way, my issue gets handled by either her even if she's away or her back up.
Yeah that's why I went with them. I saw how much everyone here raved about them. Plus I assumed since they were associated with this board (one of the top Disney boards) I couldn't go wrong lol.

And maybe I'm wrong for expecting an email response from a TA in that time frame. I've never used a TA nor has anyone in my family, so. One friend has one for her cruises but it's her friend so she can just hop on FB/Text her and be like 'what's happening with x?'.
Every travel agent I have used in the past (except one that I will no longer use for other reasons) has responded within 24 hours, even if it is just I am out today, but will check tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter