• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dudley Do Right

Pete the DISney nut

Official NUTcase
Hi y'all,

How you doin? Sorry, Friends fanatic.

I have a question which I would like answering from some of you knowledgable (sp?) souls out there.

I have heard that Dudley Do Right's ripsaw falls goes underwater.

Does it go underwater to the extent where your head is submerged or does it go so far underwater to give you a real good soaking but not totally submerged?

I don't mind as such, but TC is beside herself.

If anybody can shed some light on this it will be gratefully received.

Pete and TC

O.k., Pete, I will give it a try. At the bottom of the drop hill you go ten feet below the water level, but you are not submerged in water. The hill goes ten feet down, but you are still floating. Does that make sense? I hope so. If not, I am sure there is someone out there that can explain it better. Oh, you do get very wet.:wave: By the way, hello from a fellow friends fanatic!

OK>>>never even heard that you go "underwater" in this ride. Gee.....I bet there are many other suprises awaiting me...even thought I thought I've done my homework quite thouroughly.

Now...I really don't get the explanation....it's just added to they mystery...........ooohhhh I just can't wait!!!

By the way I am officially MORE EXCITED than any of my kids. They think I'm obsessed!! OK, I am...I've been waiting sooo long...and it's almost here......

hmmm....I go down a drop....go "under" the water by 10 feet...but i don't really go "under" the water....cause I'm still floating...hmmmm....are you sure it's not one of those virtual ride thingys?......

:p

Hope the ride-tech distributes your ship-mates' weights properly in the vehicle. Double-check your seatbelts before that final drop. Lastly, pray the water vortex doesn't crash down upon you.
Enjoy the ride!
Jim

I'm not telling. You will have to ride it to find out, but remember to leave the Scuba gear at home. :)

Well, it looks like I'm going to spoil it :p.

When you are below the waterline (which is really just a kind of trench), you are no longer floating on water. You're really on more of a roller coaster at that point than you are a boat ride. You're moving along on just a track.

In this picture, you can see where the logs go into the trench underneath the dynamite shack. At the bottom of the picture you can see the track.

139.jpg
(Photo borrowed from ThemeParkInsider.com.)

H20jag is right, though: make absolutely sure your seat belt is securely fastened! ;)

It's really not that bad :). It's only one little dip and hill. It just makes the splashdown a little bit more interesting..

LOL.

It's JTA at SWF that goes underwater. After the big drop, the boat comes back around and drops into a moat. If it's a full boat, the front dips down and a wall of water comes over the front drenching the people in row 1. It's really funny watching this happen to people who have no idea what's coming.

On Rip Saw Falls, the first drop is a small one, where you see a train light. After this drop, a wall of water comes over the left side drenching the person in front. The big hill is like a roller coaster ride. The flume never goes underwater, it gets blasted by water jets from the side. Your shirt will be completely wet from all the water at the bottom, but it's not a soaking, you dry off a few minutes later. Now, Popeye, that's another story.

I thought the exact same thing. I was thinking perhaps the log flume would be a submersible as well. LOL! I was pleasantly surprised at how the ride worked and I loved it! Hope you enjoy it! :D

Me & my hubby LOVE the rip-saw-falls !!!:p
it's a really great ride & TONS of fun.
I never imagined (before we went on it) that it would be so roller-coaster-y. I figured it was a smooth ride, then I caught air on the 2nd dip !!!!
So much fun:bounce:
I'm counting the days until we go again !

JTA and Ripsaw share a lot of common thread. They were designed by the same team, same manufacturor (Mack), same contractors and subcontractors at roughly the same time. Same parts and technology except JTA's boats don't float. They remain supported on rails and are guided throughout the circuit. Some ground-breaking technology was utilized for Ripsaw that Mack is extremely proud of and may duplicate in the future.

Hi Joey - er I mean, Pete.

As you've probably gathered by now, the flume does not go beneath the water - just beneath the water level.

I am posting to let TC know that I HATED this ride. I'm a bit of a scaredy-cat, admittedly and I'm a little bit afraid of Splash, but I've ridden it about 15 times. I would never do Dudley Doo Right's again. It jolts you around and I was quite scared a couple of times. And you get totally drenched (as you do on Popeye & Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges but they were fun).

LOL! It just goes to show how different peoples' experiences can be. I throught the final hill on Dudley looked much worse from the ground than it actually was once I actually rode it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter