Dueling Pianos/Magic

rae519

<font color=6666CC>DIS Veteran<br><font color=CC00
While on the 9/28 Magic-al Mystery Cruise (Castaway Cay twice, Puerto Rico and St. Thomas instead of Western due to Hurricane Lili), we had several WONDERFUL nights at the Family session of the Dueling Pianos - Fidelio and Tamara.

Highly recommend their 45 minute family show to everyone, especially the kids. Their audience interactive music gets everyone singing, dancing and having a fantastic time. I swear we could see smoke coming from their pianos when they did "Great Balls of Fire" - roll over Jerry Lee!

We didn't catch the adult show, but the way these two pianists rock - I can just imagine!!!!

Try to catch at least one of their shows (all were different, by the way) - (7:45PM til 8:15PM) - just a half hour and it's after the early seating and just before late. You'll never regret it!

Rae

We didnt see the family shows, but from your description, I agree! We had a ball at Dueling Pianos(on the Wonder). They definitely got adult in the humor, but it was all in good fun. That would be a must do for us if we ever get to cruise again without the kids.

The two guys doing the dueling pianos on the Magic last week weren't very good. I have seen MUCH better at every other piano show I have been to. I was very disappointed in it. BUT, on the Wonder last year the two that were there were wonderful!

I guess it's the luck of the draw on that one.

Sue Ellen

We always see the Dueling Piano Shows. We just love them! Unrelated to the cruise line, the dueling piano show at Jellyrolls on the Boardwalk at WDW has a continous show. Once the first two pianists finish, they excuss themselves and two others start another show. I guess it must have changed on the hour or something, so you get to see different pianist throughout the night with different styles and enthusiasm.

Tina :)

I agree with the SueEllen, the two dueling piano guys on the Magic last week were not the best. OK, but nothing special. Their names were Jeff and Greg. We gave them two tries, one family show and one adult show.

So disappointing that Fidelio and Tamara weren't there for you. I'll be on the Wonder in December and JUST HOPE that their pianists are half as good. It's more than talent on the ivories, it's the personalities that came through with F and T. Both were funny in their own way and the kids (especially the older ones, like me~!) just laughed and laughed and laughed.
I think it might have even inspired my son to learn piano (he's 7) -

Rae

We were on the Oct 5-12 cruise. Saw the family show with Fidelio and Tamara and enjoyed it. We returned one evening for the adult show. It was pooly attended, and maybe this did not give them much "ammo" to work with. But, trust me, if you did not get back to see another show, you did not miss much. They were very off, both in requests, interacting with each other, and at times, downright off-color. I am curious, have they worked with each other much? They just did not seem to be interested in playing off each other. As lovers of Jellyrolls, we were very let down.

Wow! Doesn't sound like the same two people we saw the previous week.

Maybe this is why they aren't on the Magic now!!!!!

Rae

We gave the Dueling Pianos a try one night on our 1/01 Magic cruise and weren't impressed at all. It was two guys, I don't remember their names. We stayed about 20 minutes, then left and went next door to Rockin' Bar D and that's where we spent most of our evenings after that!!! :D

I was also disappointed in the show on our 9/7/02 Magic cruise. Fidelio was very good, but the other guy (name escapes me) was a not a good singer.

They really looked bored during the show, with long gaps of silence between the songs.

I say they need to bring back improv comedy to the boat. Heck, Disney shows "Whose Line", so put in a "Whose Line" style show on board!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter