Dues season... Large Disney Gift Card discounts

TinyTGO

Mouseketeer
Now that it's dues season, and dues for everyone are high these days.

Keeping it above $2000, where are the cheapest Disney gift cards that you've been able to find? I know there are some $10 gift cards going around and you can buy a $25 gc for 44%, but that's not really a drop in the bucket when used for dues.

BJ's, once upon a time, was my best go to with up to 11% off if you bought > $25k worth. These days it appears that that well has gone dry. Now they offer 4% on their site, and 5% if you have a large order. Note, you can stack credit card rewards for wholesale store purchases.

Target is also 5% if you use the RED debit card... no card rewards

Sam's is 3%.

Any other insight?

On another forum, I recall there being discussion with BJs and discounted GCs... that is discounted even further than they normally discount them.... but the pricing started at buying $10K worth of GCs.

On another forum, I recall there being discussion with BJs and discounted GCs... that is discounted even further than they normally discount them.... but the pricing started at buying $10K worth of GCs.

Yes a few years ago, but it's my understanding that that is no longer.

I am also in search of some good gift card discounts. I missed 10% off plus fuel perks about 2 weeks ago at a local grocery store and I’m still kicking myself over it :(.

unfortunately, the best advice is to keep up with the gift card thread and buy throughout the year when the deals are good. I didn’t do that this year and I’m probably stuck with 5% off at Target. I managed to grab a deal though Retail Me Not last week for a 12% bonus on purchases at ShopDisney but that maxed out at $50. So, I still need $1400 more myself.

I am also in search of some good gift card discounts. I missed 10% off plus fuel perks about 2 weeks ago at a local grocery store and I’m still kicking myself over it :(.

unfortunately, the best advice is to keep up with the gift card thread and buy throughout the year when the deals are good. I didn’t do that this year and I’m probably stuck with 5% off at Target. I managed to grab a deal though Retail Me Not last week for a 12% bonus on purchases at ShopDisney but that maxed out at $50. So, I still need $1400 more myself.

The other thread is too much, not Disney specific, and the deals that are posted are too small. If it's not scalable for at least $2000 of gc's, then it's not worth it... for me at least.

I have paid Jan, Feb and most of March. Got 10% offers from CVS on two Chase cards and my BOA debit - up to $4. So that was $12 saved on $120. I also had a 10% target offer on a chase card - up to $9. Got a $100 card for $91. So far only $21 saved on $199. But that is better than nothing. Now I wait and hope for more opportunities before the March payment is due. Otherwise, I will do the target 5%.

Last edited:
The other thread is too much, not Disney specific, and the deals that are posted are too small. If it's not scalable for at least $2000 of gc's, then it's not worth it... for me at least.
The easier ways to save more than 5% on Disney Gift Cards are long gone. Sadly, all that is left is patching together deals and that thread is a good place to find those deals.

The current "easy" deal is always posted on the first page of the thread. Sometimes a new/good "easy" one will pop up (like a special at BJs) and that will be posted there. If you want no-muss, no-fuss I would buy gift cards from Target and pocket the $100.

I use gift cards for everything Disney related from DVC to APs to food and shopping. For some of us, stalking the gift card thread is worth it to combine the deals to save more. For instance, I saved 14% on the $400 of gift cards I purchased last week. They cost me $344 (between RMN and my credit card cash back) and I saved $36 over what I would get from Target. When you read the thread, it's pretty easy to skip over all the other coupons and deals (the are all formatted the same way) to find the ones that pertain to Disney gift cards because people start to really chat about the Disney Deals. When I get behind I'll check the first page and then the last 10 pages. If there is a current deal for Disney cards through another website (like Retail Me Not) people will be talking about it!

Warehouse gc's are stackable with credit card rewards. I got 6% & 7% off at BJ's plus 2.5% cash back. I got 20k done at that level and then held off because 2019 Jan they came back with 11% off for greater than 50k worth. No such deal this year and now I'm eating my heart out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter