• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dumb Q about checking luggage at GCH (or any hotel for that matter)

countofmc

Mouseketeer
We've never checked/stored luggage at any hotel, although we travel fairly regularly and have stayed at GCH multiple times. We always manage to time check-in and out well. Also have stored luggage in the car in the past, but no way I want to do that these days.

On our next trip to GCH we are planning on arriving very early and also want to go into the park after check out.

I am under the impression you can store your luggage at GCH (or any hotel for that matter)? Can someone explain this process for me and if there are fees involved? Is my luggage pretty secure or should I remove valuables?

Only 2 suitcases, so won't need any bellhop assistance or delivery to our room. Ideally we just want to leave our luggage when we check-in and then go get it once our room is ready. And leave it when we check-out and go get it when we are done with the park and ready to go home.

Thank you!

Only 2 suitcases, so won't need any bellhop assistance or delivery to our room. Ideally we just want to leave our luggage when we check-in and then go get it once our room is ready. And leave it when we check-out and go get it when we are done with the park and ready to go home.

Thank you!
At the Grand, when you arrive, you will drop the bags with the bell desk. They will give you a tag. When you get your room, fastest would be to have bell services bring it to your room. Otherwise, yo can go to Bell Services and ask for it, they will go get it and hand it to you to take up.

To leave, you either 1. Call bell services to come get your luggage from the room to store or 2. go down adn get in line to drop off. Then when you are ready to go you take the claim ticket to the bell desk and they will bring your bags out.

There is no cost for bell services to hold your bags at the GCH (or most hotels, though occasionally some do charge if they have very limited space) but tipping is customary when you get the bags back, whether that's at the bell desk or delivered to your room.

There is no cost for bell services to hold your bags at the GCH (or most hotels, though occasionally some do charge if they have very limited space) but tipping is customary when you get the bags back, whether that's at the bell desk or delivered to your room.

Thanks, would $5 be ok for 2 suitcases (at the bell desk)? Is a tip expected when I leave the bags as well?

While most hotels will hold luggage complementary before check in and after check out...always check prior to arrival. All of the DL Resort properties do but for those following along there are a few off site properties that do not. Luggage storage is handed through the Bell Desk at the GCH and larger properties, Front Desk if hotel does not have a Bell Desk. Some pretties will direct you to the Valet for bag storage.

Be fore warned at the GCH if you are wanting to drop your bags with the bell desk at checkout time so are a few hundred of your hotelmates so the line can be pretty long at checkout time for the bell desk so plan accordingly. Usually arrival time is quick drop and go.

Customary tip would be at least minimum $1 per bag and up to whatever you want when you pick up from the Bell Desk. Some tip on drop off as well but that is less expected.

Pro tip...same as your Valet tag...take a picture of your claim ticket with your phone so you have a digital record should the physical claim tag get misplaced.

While most hotels will hold luggage complementary before check in and after check out...always check prior to arrival. All of the DL Resort properties do but for those following along there are a few off site properties that do not. Luggage storage is handed through the Bell Desk at the GCH and larger properties, Front Desk if hotel does not have a Bell Desk. Some pretties will direct you to the Valet for bag storage.

Be fore warned at the GCH if you are wanting to drop your bags with the bell desk at checkout time so are a few hundred of your hotelmates so the line can be pretty long at checkout time for the bell desk so plan accordingly. Usually arrival time is quick drop and go.

Customary tip would be at least minimum $1 per bag and up to whatever you want when you pick up from the Bell Desk. Some tip on drop off as well but that is less expected.

Pro tip...same as your Valet tag...take a picture of your claim ticket with your phone so you have a digital record should the physical claim tag get misplaced.

Or should that claim tag accidently get soaked on a water ride ... (don't ask lol)

I would make sure that your bags are closed. I had some things taken out of one of my open bags once (not at Disney).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter