Dumb question? Should I plan for rain?

WDWvet

Earning My Ears
Don’t know if this is dumb or not, but should we expect any rain from 8/24-9/3? If it does rain, is it usually short lived or man all day affair?

The only plan to put on place for rain during the summer in SoCal is setting money aside for ponchos and...that’s it. IMO. Rain keeps a lot of people indoors and at home, and it can be a terrific day in the parks.

If it’s raining hard, incredicoaster’s launch is going to be painful on the face (as me how I know), but not horrible. :)

We always have more than one pair of shoes on our trips, so if we get soaked on Splash it Grizzly we aren’t out of luck the next day, so even that’s covered.

Don’t know if this is dumb or not, but should we expect any rain from 8/24-9/3? If it does rain, is it usually short lived or man all day affair?

I can't remember the last time we had rain here, and my weather app isn't showing any through next Sunday. Of course, there's always the possibility this changes so you can never be 100% sure, but I would not count on there being rain.

It doesn't usually rain in August or September. Now, it's possible that there might be a freak unexpected storm that comes through (I've been there in July when it rained unexpectedly), so it's good to be prepared (i.e., have a basic plan in mind for what to do if it does rain), but I wouldn't spend a lot of time worrying about the possibility of rain. If it does rain, it's probably mostly going to be scattered showers that are intermittent (so not a sustained all day rains storm).

Last edited:
Normally I would say you are guaranteed not to get rain this time of year. But this summer seems much hotter and more humid than usual. So there is a slight chance that one of the afternoon thunderstorms that usually stay further east might make its way over. But more likely it will just be hot.

I’m there about that same time and planning for rain didn’t even cross my mind...so my vote is “no”. Plan for hot!

Climate Anaheim - California.png

Think these are averages. We were there the last week of Sept. one year and it was triple digit heat wave.

Um...no. I have only been to DL in Sept.; I have only experienced a very mild sprinkle (twice) in all my trips. The longest one lasting 15 minutes. Neither one even worth breaking out an umbrella, let alone the need for a poncho. The upside to it is, the locals all run for cover or indoors during this, which means all the ride lines (that are either outdoor rides, or indoor rides with outdoor lines) get way shorter fast. IF it does start to sprinkle, make a bee-line for your favorite, normally long wait attraction and jump in line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter