Dumb questions :-)

MrsIncredible1974

Mouseketeer
Five months / 150 days today until our trip :cheer2:

I'm in full on planning mode but have a couple of questions. One I think I know the answer to, the other I haven't a clue.

The first relates to the DDP. I think that it includes the tax on a meal but not the tip. Am I correct?

The second is about the $200 credit we have which was offered at the time of booking. Does this get added to Magic Bands? Can it be added to just one or two of the bands or does it sit on all of them like the dining credits? What I'd really like to do is put $100 each on the children's bands so they have some specific spending money. Is this possible?

:thanks:

The first relates to the DDP. I think that it includes the tax on a meal but not the tip. Am I correct?
- Yep, you still have to pay the tip.

The second is about the $200 credit we have which was offered at the time of booking. Does this get added to Magic Bands? Can it be added to just one or two of the bands or does it sit on all of them like the dining credits?
- It's a physical gift card you have to go to Disney Springs to collect.
The way we use it is to charge all our dining tips to our bands, and then use the gift card to pay off the balance when we check out.

Last edited:

Thank you.

So it's just the tip? Not the tax too?

I guess if it's a physical gift card I could maybe ask for 2 x $100 cards, one for each of the children.

Cheers

Thank you.

So it's just the tip? Not the tax too?

I guess if it's a physical gift card I could maybe ask for 2 x $100 cards, one for each of the children.

Cheers

No problem!

Everything (including tax) except for the tip and any alcoholic drinks are included on the DDP.
(Although at most table service places you get an entree & dessert on the DDP, not an appetiser as well or instead of.
You can of course pay extra for an appetiser on top of your DDP)

Hope that's helpful.

not dumb questions at all!!! :)
i didn't know the answer to the second one :)

we'll use it for souvenirs...between 4 of us, it shouldn't be any trouble at all to spend it..
i just realized with two separate reservations (one for each room), we'll get two gift cards for $200....wonderful!!! so that's $400 for 8 people....
over 19 days....i'm quite sure we'll spend it several times over!!

and now i have a dumb question..
does the gift card have to be spent during the days of the package?
or can i spend it after my package is over?
we're staying an extra 3 days after the package finishes...

and now i have a dumb question..
does the gift card have to be spent during the days of the package?
or can i spend it after my package is over?
we're staying an extra 3 days after the package finishes...

It has to be spent during your package. I emailed disney a few months about this as we stay in a wdw hotel for 5 days then move to a villa. They said that the gift card has to be used by midnight the checkout day or it expires and is no longer valid.

It has to be spent during your package. I emailed disney a few months about this as we stay in a wdw hotel for 5 days then move to a villa. They said that the gift card has to be used by midnight the checkout day or it expires and is no longer valid.

thanks!!!! good to know....

That's news to me - the last 2 years we've left WDW, came back a week later when staying elsewhere and used the same gift card.
From the distinctly low-tech way you collect it, I can't imagine there's an easy way for them to add an expiry date or know who's using it when.
Perhaps it's changed this year, but this sounds more like Disney making sure you spend it ASAP.

That's news to me - the last 2 years we've left WDW, came back a week later when staying elsewhere and used the same gift card.
From the distinctly low-tech way you collect it, I can't imagine there's an easy way for them to add an expiry date or know who's using it when.
Perhaps it's changed this year, but this sounds more like Disney making sure you spend it ASAP.

it does sound odd if it's a regular gift card...seems unlikely they'd set a specific expiration date that way...
although i doubt we'll have trouble spending the money during the 19 days of the package..
a few stuffed animals and that's pretty much $400 right there :rolleyes:
and with the two toddlers at WDW for the first time, i'm sure there will be more than a few stuffed animals, not to mention cute disney hats and clothes their grandma (me) will want to buy for them!!

Last edited:
Please see the attached photos in regards to the reply I got back from disney in response to my query about the gift card expiry

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170302-193916.png
    Screenshot_20170302-193916.png
    105 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20170302-193927.png
    Screenshot_20170302-193927.png
    130.6 KB · Views: 9
Thanks for this - would have been a nasty shock to find out too late!
Will double check when we collect it this year.

To be honest, I was a little disappointed that it expired once you checked out as I thought there would be a year expiry but I'm checking too when i collect just in case it was a misinformed worker

One of my 2016 trips was a free dining package with the $200 gift card. When I collected it I asked about expiry and was told there wasn't one. I did check again and was told the same. There is no date on it so fingers crossed the info was accurate.

There is now a guest relations at the town centre in Disney Springs, near D-Luxe Burger. If you happen to park in the Orange garage you are not that far from it.

There is now a guest relations at the town centre in Disney Springs, near D-Luxe Burger. If you happen to park in the Orange garage you are not that far from it.

we'll take the boat over from SSR....i have to look at a map..
they've changed it all since the last time i was there when it was still called downtown disney

I came here because of the title. "Dumb Questions"..hahaha absolutely made my day!. Come to think of it, last time i heard, yes it did change... thats according to a friend who visited late sumer last year. Get back to us, when you find out pleasee!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter