Dune Buggy and Beach Snorkel Combo

krisces

I work to Cruise!!!
Hi Everyone!
Does anyone have any experience with this Port Excursion in Cozumel?? Good/Bad Reviews?
I am also looking to find out how difficult it is to get in and out of these dune buggies, and if it would be fun for some 16 year olds.
Thanks!
Kristen

We did it a few years ago and it was a ton of fun. In fact, we have decided to do it again on our cruise coming up in May. The guy does were great, snorkeling was amazing and the lunch on the beach at the second stop was both fun and delicious. Only cautions to be aware of: 1. Bring bug spray. We were plagued by massive swarms of mosquitoes- not even close to exaggerating. It was so bad, our guide stopped on the side of the road so we could pass bug spray along to passengers in each dune buggy in our tour group. I’ve never seen anything like it, but I’ll be prepared next time. 2. Parties smaller than 2 or larger than 4 are likely to be sharing a dune buggy with other random members of your tour group. This was a surprise to us and our son ended up riding shotgun with another family in a dune buggy behind us. He was 15and fine with it, but good to know that is a possibility instead of getting surprised on the day.

We did it a few years ago and it was a ton of fun. In fact, we have decided to do it again on our cruise coming up in May. The guy does were great, snorkeling was amazing and the lunch on the beach at the second stop was both fun and delicious. Only cautions to be aware of: 1. Bring bug spray. We were plagued by massive swarms of mosquitoes- not even close to exaggerating. It was so bad, our guide stopped on the side of the road so we could pass bug spray along to passengers in each dune buggy in our tour group. I’ve never seen anything like it, but I’ll be prepared next time. 2. Parties smaller than 2 or larger than 4 are likely to be sharing a dune buggy with other random members of your tour group. This was a surprise to us and our son ended up riding shotgun with another family in a dune buggy behind us. He was 15and fine with it, but good to know that is a possibility instead of getting surprised on the day.

Thank you so much! Is it tough to get in and out of these things? They don't look high at all!
Glad you liked it.... It looks like a ton of fun!

Any other comments on this excursion? We're looking at it as a possibility on our EBPC in the fall.

We didn't go through Disney for our's, it was a private dune buggy tour with lunch included, multiple stops and snorkeling. Best excursion! We didn't have any bug problems, but we went in March and it was fairly windy and a little rainy at first, then sunny. Recommended it to a friend that just back from her cruise and said it was great also. Very reasonably priced for everything you get.
http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.net/cozumel-dune-buggy-tour

We did the jeep excursion that is similar but involves jeeps instead of dune buggies..(duh) - just one observation: we visited in July when stray downpours are common - we were dry, the folks in the dune buggies were VERY wet...
And to add, the Jeep excursion is something of a family legend at this point, my kids were teenagers at the time and absolutely loved it...SO wonderful! Highly recommend either tour...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter