• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC 25th Anniversary Perks

Just as an aside...

They announced a two day $149 ticket for Disneyland today...normal price is $185. It's about $10 more than the same offer last year. General public.

Now they REALLY crushed AP holders out there...almost like a "thanks...now go away" approach.

But $35 off a much smaller commitment in Cali leaves me more wanten for my "membership is magical offer" roled out this week.

We now have a better comparison. According to the Orlando Sentinel FL residents are being offered a 4 day ticket for $209 plus tax. Park Hopper can be added for $25 and water parks for $32. There is a time limit to use this ticket - Dec 14th and there are black out dates for spring break and most of the summer. Still - light years away from the special 25th Anniversary DVC offer. And there is a 3 day ticket for $189. And they have an interesting feature - you have 6 months from the first day used to use the rest of the ticket. Not non-expiring but an interesting option.

We now have a better comparison. According to the Orlando Sentinel FL residents are being offered a 4 day ticket for $209 plus tax. Park Hopper can be added for $25 and water parks for $32. There is a time limit to use this ticket - Dec 14th and there are black out dates for spring break and most of the summer. Still - light years away from the special 25th Anniversary DVC offer. And there is a 3 day ticket for $189. And they have an interesting feature - you have 6 months from the first day used to use the rest of the ticket. Not non-expiring but an interesting option.

Something is going on...cutting a deal to Florida residents is usually a last step.

That one is actually really good...w 4 day hopper for $240 ish?

I feel
DVC is the victim of some kind of twisted "social experiment" right now

we live a hour away and we just made our reservations for March 3rd anyone else going to the event?

That's interesting! Just a few days ago the park closing was listed at 9 p.m. On the flip side, this allows DVC members who are only coming for the party with no tickets to ride Big Thunder or Splash or Pirates before the park closes.
We are members that are only going to the party made the res this morning we live only a hour away... so we did the happy dance!
Then the 1st things I told everyone was " we have to be in by 7pm it hit all the rides that are going to be closed that night b4 9pm lol"
as we looked more into the events... the water park (complimentary) in the summer and then AK in Sept (complimentary)
Now we'll wait until Oct to get our theme park tickets :)

So I got an email today that my fast pass for big thunder mountain on Feb 25th has been changed from 8:30pm-9:30pm to 6:30pm-7:30pm. I wonder if WDW schedulers realized the overlap and have changed park closing back to 9pm because of the Member bash?

So I got an email today that my fast pass for big thunder mountain on Feb 25th has been changed from 8:30pm-9:30pm to 6:30pm-7:30pm. I wonder if WDW schedulers realized the overlap and have changed park closing back to 9pm because of the Member bash?

I was coming to post something similar. I just checked MDE and it now shows MK as open until 9 on the 25th. I think someone must have realized the issue.

Dawn

If going to the MK Bash, will you be able to book fastpasses between 7 -9? When you purchase tickets for MNSSHP or MVMCP, you are able to book fastpasses between 4 and 7 even though the event doesn't start until 7 so will this be the same?

If going to the MK Bash, will you be able to book fastpasses between 7 -9? When you purchase tickets for MNSSHP or MVMCP, you are able to book fastpasses between 4 and 7 even though the event doesn't start until 7 so will this be the same?
I'm not certain, but my hunch is no. The parties are hard ticket events that can be linked to MDE, so there is something to tie the fast passes to. In this case, there isn't.

This after hours event jogged memory...anybody else remember the eticket after hours one offered pre MYW tix (2005 or earlier as i recall). A whopping $12 entitled limited # of guests 3 extra hours @ MK. We practically had the park to ourselves!

Hope that those are able to take advantage of the dates posted thus far have a similar experience.

While it'd likely have a snowball's chance:duck:, I'd love to see them offer this a few times a year to members & possibly AP holders, even if a surcharge was assessed to help cover expenses. :tink:

This after hours event jogged memory...anybody else remember the eticket after hours one offered pre MYW tix (2005 or earlier as i recall). A whopping $12 entitled limited # of guests 3 extra hours @ MK. We practically had the park to ourselves!

Hope that those are able to take advantage of the dates posted thus far have a similar experience.
While it'd likely have a:tink: snowball's chance:duck:, I'd love to see them offer this a few times a year to members & possibly AP holders, even if a surcharge was assessed to help cover expenses.

Those were awesome! I wish they'd limit the much more expensive ticketed parties to numbers more like they did for the e-ticket nights.

Ohhh yes, E-Ticket Nights were amazing! Much better than even the last hour of a 3-hour EMH!

While it'd likely have a snowball's chance:duck:, I'd love to see them offer this a few times a year to members & possibly AP holders, even if a surcharge was assessed to help cover expenses. :tink:

I have GREAT memories of those E-Ticket nights! So much fun... running around in an almost empty park and riding Space Mountain 5 times in a row with no wait. Hmmmmmm... good times!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter