DVC - 3 Couples

Tinkerfan4ever

Earning My Ears
Hello,

I am within a month of my 7 month window and need help deciding a resort to pick. Traveling on this trip will be:
Couple 1 - My cousin and husband
Couple 2 - My daughter and fiance and my 2 year old grandson
Couple 3 - My huband and self
Daughter age 17

I think we all can fit in a 2 bedroom villa. I think this sleeping arangement would work... Cousin takes master bedroom; hubby/I and Daughter/fiance take second bedroom with grandson in pack-n'-play and 17 year old takes a pull out in the living room. I would like seperate sleeping arrangements for everyone, but we don't have enough points for a grand villa. I could maybe look at a 2 bedroom and a studio if I look at one of the lesser points resorts.

I just can't decide what would give us the biggest "bang for our buck"!
Resorts I am considering:
Bolder Ridge
Cooper Creek
Kidani village (3rd bathroom is a plus)
Treehouse villas (seperate sleeping arrangements, but transportation with a stroller might not be the best)
Beach Club

Not considering:
BLT - even though it has monorail and 3rd bathroom, we just don't love that resort. It was where we stayed this last trip.
Grand Flo
Riveria

What would you do with this group make up?

Hello,

I am within a month of my 7 month window and need help deciding a resort to pick. Traveling on this trip will be:
Daughter age 17

I think we all can fit in a 2 bedroom villa. I think this sleeping arangement would work... Cousin takes master bedroom; hubby/I and Daughter/fiance take second bedroom with grandson in pack-n'-play and 17 year old takes a pull out in the living room. I would like seperate sleeping arrangements for everyone, but we don't have enough points for a grand villa. I could maybe look at a 2 bedroom and a studio if I look at one of the lesser points resorts.

Bolder Ridge
Cooper Creek
Treehouse villas (seperate sleeping arrangements, but transportation with a stroller might not be the best)
Beach Club

Not considering:
BLT - even though it has monorail and 3rd bathroom, we just don't love that resort. It was where we stayed this last trip.
Grand Flo
Riveria

You can have three separate sleeping areas in many of the 2BR villas. Beach club has the new pull down Murphy and they are very comfortable. So does Saratoga, Riv, and Boardwalk will have them by the time you go.

We had three different families in Saratoga 2BR in October. Wife and I were in the master, Daughter and grandtinker each had their own beds in the living room with two pull down Murphys, and my son his fiance and her two boys were in the second bedroom. Worked out great. Daughter and grandtinker had to use our bathroom but it was a split one so we could still get ready if they were in there and vice versa.

I would never ever again ask someone to sleep on a pull out sofa. Those things are horrible and people need their sleep while down there. Hence, we always go for the resorts that have the pull downs.

Hello,

Daughter age 17

Bolder Ridge
Cooper Creek
Beach Club

Not considering:
Grand Flo
Riveria

That sounds like a lot of adults to cram into a 2 bedroom. And no offense, but your daughter and her fiancé probably don’t want to sleep in the same room as you 😂. If I were you, I’d highly consider a lower point resort in order to get a 2 bedroom and a studio with your points. Kidani is nice because it has the extra bathroom, but then you get stuck with the dreaded pull out sofa. Boulder ridge and Saratoga Springs get you newly refurbished rooms with the Murphy pull down beds. Both are beautiful resorts, with Boulder ridge being closer to magic kingdom and having arguably better overall transportation because it doesn’t have multiple bus drop off areas.

That seems too tight for a 2 bedroom.

Of your options, I'd DEFINITELY go with the treehouse villas at Choice #1. The 3 bedrooms would give each couple some privacy, and your 17 year old could have the living room.

Otherwise I'd do a 2 bedroom plus a studio.

Can you do a two bedroom (lock off) and a studio at a lesser points resort? (May be tough with a lock off)

Studio for the cousin and husband
One bedroom portion of lock off for yourself and husband with 17 yo in the living room
Studio portion of lock off for daughter with fiance and baby

All of the things you have all mentioned are concerns I have had as well. I really think the 2 br and a studio is the way to go, unless we do the treehouse. Now I have to convince my husband that this is the way to go.

I also agree with a 2 bedroom and a studio if you have the pts

If you insist on a 2BR only, cross off CCV. They are small and you're already cramming people in.

3 studios might work well, and that would be less points than 2BR and a studio.

How important is the kitchen and having a common area to hang out together? How close are you with cousin?

2 things matter for my family: light sleepers easily disturbed and the bathroom situation with only 1 in 1BR and 2 in 2BR. Kidani and BLT are the only WDW DVC with an extra bathroom in 1BR and 2BR. Until grandkids come along we’ll likely stick with studios for adult trips. For us worth the tradeoff of not getting kitchen, laundry and living room to share. We use the DVC laundry room when needed and not likely to cook on vacation anyway. If that doesn’t work for you though, then SSR and OKW 2BR+studio in July is very good pointwise compared to other options.

The third bedroom at treehouses has bunk beds. Which couple would you put there or would you put them on the sofa? I would go for 2 bedroom and studio. I would not want to share a bedroom with my daughter and son-in-law nor would they want to share with us.

Unless you really want or need the space to hang out in 1br, I would look at doing 3 studios. Just make sure to have them all noted as traveling together so you are all put somewhat near each other.

It’s cheaper on points and everyone has their own space. (Minus your 17 year old but she can deal with it lol)

We have really become accustomed to having the kitchen. We do breakfast daily and have ordered pizza or something in for supper occassionally. We are pretty close with my cousin, we live in different states but always stay with each other when we visit. I think I have the hubby convinced that a 2 bedroom and studio is the way to go. (Unless we do the treehouse.... and we would put the daughter/finance in the bunk bed room with a pack n play. They are getting free accomidations, so they will survive!)

Not sure when ypur going...but OKW GV are easy on points...that would be my bet
Yes easy on points and go fast at 7 months if they are still around. We have stayed in them. Few times and really enjoy the OKW GV. It’s like having your own house.

We have really become accustomed to having the kitchen. We do breakfast daily and have ordered pizza or something in for supper occassionally. We are pretty close with my cousin, we live in different states but always stay with each other when we visit. I think I have the hubby convinced that a 2 bedroom and studio is the way to go. (Unless we do the treehouse.... and we would put the daughter/finance in the bunk bed room with a pack n play. They are getting free accomidations, so they will survive!)
Warning on the bunk beds - they're the short bunks, if someone if over about 5'5" they will hang off the end.

Three studios are almost the same price as a two bedroom,

Personally with your traveling party I would want some real privacy.

I would get a one bedroom for my wife and i a two bedroom for everyone else…

But that’s not always in the cards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter